The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
I like MacFarlene..he could pull it off if he keeps it faithful to the original show.I think he will though.I believe he knows what he can and what he cannot do with the Flintstones

I`ve always had a soft spot for Hanna-Barbera.I grew up with and enjoyed their cartoons(as I am sure many here did as well),so I`ll give this new show a shot.

Last edited:
Nube
Flinstones Reboot by Seth Macfarlane (Family Guy)

So apparently as you can see here the Flinstones are getting a reboot by MacFarlane.

I'm unsure about how I feel about this, on one hand the Flinstones need to come back, they deserve the treatment current cartoons get. A reboot is kinda sad since we had one continuity since the show premiered in the 60's all the way up to 2001 with the shows/movies it had, we all grew up with the original Flinstones I'm assuming I mean the original was still being re-run in the 90s at least. Its kinda weird that the current generation of kids has not grown up with the Flinstones, now while its sad to see the old continuity go out the original continuity pretty much did everything it could we saw them all grow old and experience their lives so there isn't much left they could have done with thjem so it also feels right to reboot it.

My main problem with the news is Seth Macfarlane, I thought Family Guy was ok, it wasn't bad necessarily but it was what it was and had a few laughs. Now when the show was revived is when it made me realize just how mediocre and cheap the show has been, most agree the post-revival episodes aren't that great but even the originals don't hold up. We also have the other Macfarlane FG clone shows, American Dad/Cleveland Show which they do try to do things a bit different but its pretty clear they follow mostly the same formula. I would just hate it if the new Flinstones follows the tired Macfarlane formula.

3963913694_13f2184a4b.jpg
thumbnail_26773.jpg

seth_macfarlane_formula.jpg

Last edited:
Read my smart post
Family Guy is amazing, so I think The Flinstones is in good hands, but i'm going to need to hear more info before I can say this is good or bad

The Decade Everyone Wants Dead
I hope does an American Dad instead of a Family Guy. Mainly, no 3 minute bullshit gags like he (Family Guy) pulled last night. The only good thing about last night's Family Guy, was the American Dad gag with Joe as Stan.

Hm. I went over this. Couple notes this time though:

- Continuity is a funny word to use in reference to a comedy series like the Flintstones. They'll start things with the Flintstones and the Rubbles, both with their kids. We probably won't get Hoppy, but we'll get Dino. That's as much continuity as I care to have.

- Dino talking would be the one bright spot in a Flintstones reboot.

- I'm not a huge fan of Seth MacFarlane. That said? The originals of FG, while not as impressive as Flintstones, are definitely examples of great comedy. A few after the revival are good, and yes it does go downhill...but I don't see how anyone could not enjoy the first two or so seasons of the sries.

- I'd hate to see the Flintstones reimagined through the cynical point of view of today's cynical 21st century comedy writers. Normally I'm good with watching re-envisionings...but, not with these guys. It was all fun and games when Williams Street was making fun of crappy cartoons like Sealab, and turning Saturday Morning heroes into lawyers and talk show hosts, but...this is different. Even moreso than when they made guest spots on Harvey Birdman. The Flintstones, despite Fred occasionally being a jerk and Wilma frequently being a *****--they had heart. And most comedy writers, these days, don't know anything about that. They're too busy taking shots at the most popular target.

Most people appear to disagree with me. That's cool. But my opinion is what it is.

Nice post!!
They'll start things with the Flintstones and the Rubbles, both with their kids.

That'd be kind of unfortunate. Some of the most interesting episodes of the original Flintstones run are the ones that transition the original "no kids" status quo into the "both couples have kids" status quo.

The episode that introduces Bamm-Bamm is particularly interesting. It deals with the issue of the Rubbles being infertile in a way that's obviously very delicate, but shockingly frank for the early 60s.

It seems like this would be very interesting territory to cover in the new show. Certainly it would be strange if a prime-time modern-day Fox revival was actually less sophisticated than the original HB episodes.

- Dino talking would be the one bright spot in a Flintstones reboot.

I think we'd sooner see MacFarlane revive the Great Gazoo, possibly voicing the character himself.

but I don't see how anyone could not enjoy the first two or so seasons of the sries.

I didn't enjoy more than maybe one or two episodes from the first season of the show. There were some good gags, but also a lot of jokes where the super-cheap animation ruined the timing.

One of the most interesting possibilities I can see coming from a MacFarlane Flintstones reboot is the chance for him to work with a higher budget. FG and its spin-offs are all clearly very cheap.

- I'd hate to see the Flintstones reimagined through the cynical point of view of today's cynical 21st century comedy writers.

The prime-time run of The Flintstones was amazingly cynical by the sitcom standards of the time. It didn't become a gentler show until it moved from its original evening slot to a Saturday morning timeslot.

I think there's room for a certain cynicism in the depiction of the characters. Look at the last big Flintstones project, On The Rocks, which was also a reboot.

It stripped away the kids and returned Fred and Wilma's marriage to its initial, perpetually rocky state. On The Rocks was quite interesting visually, though I think the writing and voice acting was a bit off.

I think what will be the biggest indicator on what direction the reboot will take depends on who is the Warner Bros. side of the deal. I am liking Daniel Palladino being on the project (I loved the Gilmore Girls). My one hope is that show isn't filled with cut-a-ways and cheap gags.