Sentai series where the writers didn't care about the villains

I liked him when he wasn't a god
And that is one of its reasons as to why it is one of the best Sentai series ever.

Yeah! Forget Super Sentai, it should be Super Villains! Who needs all that boring "save the world" crap? We should teach kids that being genocidal jackasses is the way to go!

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Almost every series. Exceptions are Sun Vulcan, Liveman, Dairanger, Gingaman, GoGoV, Timeranger, Gaoranger, Hurricanger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Busters.

D

Dr Kain

Yeah! Forget Super Sentai, it should be Super Villains! Who needs all that boring "save the world" crap? We should teach kids that being genocidal jackasses is the way to go!

Except the rangers did still get development, especially Chopper and Violet. Plus, Rio and Mele were not truly evil in the long run. The show did something different for a change, which makes it truly stand out. It is a shame it was a fluk and every series afterwards went right back into the rut of villains you don't give two shits about.

Nice post!!
What would've different with Gokaiger if they weren't doing all the tributes, is 1) the Gokaiger characters would've had better character development and more episodes focused on them(Ahim's whole story wouldn't have wrapped up like, one episode). They would grow to trust and, I guess be more respectful to the Sentai that came before them. And 2) more time could've been spent on the runners, like the Joe-Barizorg story.

I really don't know if that's the case. Again, look at Wizard. That's a show with very few runners, and the runners that exist are roughly as anemic as Joe/Barizorg. And look at Wizard's flat excuses for characterization. I really think that if you removed the tributes from Gokaiger, you'd just get the same show except a lot more boring. I really, seriously doubt there's story stuff that got left on the cutting room floor because they could get Go Pink for an episode. Gokaiger probably got produced with exactly as much story as Utsunomiya thought it should have.

I don't think it helps that Kobayashi plays blatant favourites with her characters.

If we're talking Shinkenger, is that Kobayashi or Utsunomiya? I mean, Takeru is the center of the universe basically the same way Haruto is in Wizard.

Disappear into light!!
I really don't know if that's the case. Again, look at Wizard. That's a show with very few runners, and the runners that exist are roughly as anemic as Joe/Barizorg. And look at Wizard's flat excuses for characterization. I really think that if you removed the tributes from Gokaiger, you'd just get the same show except a lot more boring. I really, seriously doubt there's story stuff that got left on the cutting room floor because they could get Go Pink for an episode. Gokaiger probably got produced with exactly as much story as Utsunomiya thought it should have.

It's really sad if that's the case.

But like how Kobayashi still got in a good overarching story in Shinkenger, I think Arakawa could have done more with the characters and the runners if he had the airtime(not to say the mass tributes in Gokaiger was a bad thing, but it did leave Gokaiger with much less time for its own characters). Plus, Wizard didn't just have Utsunomiya, but also Kida:redface2:. With what room Utsunomiya gave him for story and character development, he didn't do very well.

D

Dr Kain

The problem with Wizard was not Haruto. He was fine. He was no different than any Showa rider. The problem was his supporting cast was useless and the Phantoms turned out to be entirely pointless. For his supporting cast, you have a girl who barely even appeared on the show outside of the first few and last few episodes. A cop lady that did next to nothing 80% of the time. And then one of the worst and most annoying side kick characters to exist in the franchise as a whole. Not to mention he has no fashion sense whatsoever. As for the Phantoms, well, the last episodes prove they were pointless.