Okay so basically I'm revising for exams just now. Have been for about six weeks now? I needed something to keep me distracted. So I decided it was about time I finally finished series that I had started watching years ago and catch up on subs that were out! I get bored easily so I decided to watch one ep of a show at a time but in the correct order. So it was like all the episode 25's of Shinkenger, Gaoranger, Dekaranger etc etc and with some series like Liveman and Dairanger I just caught up on the subs that were out! Watching them this way was really interesting seeing how different series are developed at the same episode numer. So I just finished five series today and wanted to post my feeling on them!

Shinkenger:
Great series!!!!! Arguably one of the best i've ever watched. The only thing I didn't like towards the start of the series was that the characters werent fleshed out that much. But that got better towards the end of the series! I also didn't like Doukoku as the main villian. There was nothing really wrong with him, but he was wel overshadowed by Juzou and Tayou. I didn't like the idea of a new ShinkenRed appearing in the last 6 episodes, but it was actually done really well to the point where I actually thought to myself had she been in it from the start I wouldn't have minded her. 8/10

Magiranger:
Some of the series grated me on a little bit. Some of the fillers were just stupid and I really didn't like them! However, I liked all the characters and felt they were all given a wide berth in the series. Again I loved the villians this series, specially in the fact that they were not all inherintly evil. I love Villians that uphold a code of honour ... specially Sphinx, Titan and Wolzord! I liked the family aspect and it really related to overall theme of coming together and having courage to gain a goal! 7/10

Goseiger:
Hmm. Thats all I can really say. Hmm. Again I loved the villians, being that they were all so different. The military Warstar, the Mystic Yuuma Beasts and the Machine Matronitis. I also loved the Brajira being the main antogonist. He was actually a genius villian. He planned each move throughout the series against the Gosei Angels. He is probably one of the best villians I've seen in Sentai. But I didn't like the Goseigers. They were just a bit boring, they didn't really have much substance to them. They're defining moment was wanting to sacrifice themselves to give Alata all they're power. The only one I felt I really knew was Hyde, because he had backstory that I cared and remembered about (avenging his partner Magis)... but that's it. 6/10

Dekaranger:
Loved Dekaranger. A bit slow in places and so much filler. I think it's biggest problem was a lack of a dedicated villian. Yeah Agent Abara was the big bad, but he never came into contact with them until the final few episodes. I reckon if he had been resposible for more things happening rather than just being a weapons dealer (argue with me if you want but thats what he was) I would have liked this series a lot more!!! 7/10

Gaoranger:
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Aside from Gekiranger the best seires I've seen! Loved the characters. Loved the villians. Loved the mecha. Loved every little bit of the series. Apart from the fact that we refered to the senshi as their colours as apposed to their names! And Yellow's hair... The series had a good pace. The characters all had some substance to them. They cared for each other as much as the Earth. I mean the episode where the super-charged Ura kills Yellow, Blue, White and Black was gut-wrenching. The best episode of any Tokusatsu I've ever watched! 9/10

Discuss :)

Bit of a pet peeve of mine, but episodes that don't further an overarching story aren't automatically filler. Episodic shows are good too! Filler is word that seems to get used all the time nowadays.

Dekaranger is my fav of the bunch, just a really entertaining show. Also love Magiranger. I've been meaning to marathon more shows lately too, gonna start Shinkenger sometime soon.

Pimp Robot
Oh God, you have said something against Goseiger..... prepare to be decimated.

Bit of a pet peeve of mine, but episodes that don't further an overarching story aren't automatically filler. Episodic shows are good too! Filler is word that seems to get used all the time nowadays.

Dekaranger is my fav of the bunch, just a really entertaining show. Also love Magiranger. I've been meaning to marathon more shows lately too, gonna start Shinkenger sometime soon.

Okay maybe you're right in saying that. You can't class it as filler in this case because there isn't an overaching story. I think thats my pet peeve, not having an overall story! Episodic is fine, but I prefer the series that are more focused on story.

MagiFanboy
Magiranger:
Some of the series grated me on a little bit. Some of the fillers were just stupid and I really didn't like them! However, I liked all the characters and felt they were all given a wide berth in the series. Again I loved the villians this series, specially in the fact that they were not all inherintly evil. I love Villians that uphold a code of honour ... specially Sphinx, Titan and Wolzord! I liked the family aspect and it really related to overall theme of coming together and having courage to gain a goal! 7/10

Discuss :)

Personally, I don't regard Magiranger as having all that much filler; only episodes 8, 10, and 22 do not contribute to the larger plot, and even then, 8 has important character development for Urara while 10 and 22 both introduce spells that get re-used later in the series, so I'm reluctant to count even them as filler. That said, your review of the series is one that I can largely agree with, even though I would rate it 9/10 or 10/10, depending on my mood.

HEROW
As much as I love Sentai, I think it's pretty hard to marathon a whole series because of the way the story-telling is constructed, having almost a kaijin of the week destroyed in that same week (same episode), so having 2~3 part arcs is usually appreciated.