There are other Sentai heroes, besides just the core team, and there are other Sentai heroes besides just the core team and the sixth guy. So I decided to make a classification for them.

Sixth Hero: Usually the sixth guy to show up. Now Sixth Hero is just a term, it's derived that a new member would show up, and seeing how almost all Sentai teams are a five people team, they end up being the sixth member. It's not really up for the classifications to declare the sixth heroes, it's really up to Toei and the writers.
-Dragon Ranger (Zyuranger)
-Kiba Ranger (Dairanger)
-King Ranger (Ohranger)
-Mega Silver (Megaranger)
-Time Fire (Timeranger)
-Gao Silver (Gaoranger)
-Shurikenger (Hurricanger)
-Abare Killer (Abaranger)
-Deka Break (Dekaranger)
-Magi Shine (Magiranger)
-Bouken Silver (Boukenger)
-Go-On Gold and Go-On Silver (Go-Onger)
-Shinken Gold (Shinkenger)
-Gosei Knight (Goseiger)

Now I like to call these heroes Dwarf Sixth Heroes, because they're not exactly sixth heroes, yet they're not apart of the core team. They usually have more to do with the team then the sixth hero. They act as extras. This is probally one of the reasons they were used by the core five of the Gokaigers. In a three person team, they usually fulfill the two missing slots. In a three people team, I like to think of yellow and blue sort of fulfilling spots for green and pink. I'm not counting Female Shinken Red just because she is just another person in the Shinken Red costume. She's more like a replacement hero then an actual extra hero.
-Big One (JAKQ)
-Black Bison and Green Sai (Liveman)
-Kabuto and Kuwagata Raiger (Hurricanger)
-Abare Black (Abaranger)
-Deka Master and Deka Swan (Dekaranger)
-Wolzard/Wolzard Fire and Magi Mother (Magiranger)
-Geki Violet and Geki Chopper (Gekiranger)
-Go-On Black and Go-On Green (Go-Onger)

These heroes are ally helpers.
-Ninjaman (Kakuranger)
-Gunmajin (Ohranger)
-Signalman (Carranger)
-Kuro Kishi (Gingaman)
-Zuban (Boukenger)
-Rio and Mele (Gekiranger)

These are one shot heroes. Before I get crap about Mask X1 being the sixth hero of Maskman, let me say that he is the sixth hero Maskman ALMOST had. The rest are would of been extra heroes.
-Mask X1 (Maskman)
-Demon Hunter (GoGoV)
-Deka Bright and Deka Gold (Dekaranger)
-Gosei Green (Goseiger)

Last edited:
Zuban is actually unique, he is not exactly a person and as far I remember a weapon.

Hurricanger and Gouraijer is also unique concept, because they are really combined weapon and mecha a lot, act as a team.

and then you have the Shinken-Red senior and how to count this.

For somewhat graphically list of super sentai + extra (whatever to call) I proposed this diagram:

[hide] sentai+color+chart+red-white-sentai+blogspot.jpg

Links
[/hide]

Lurker
IMO, as you recall in episode 1 of Gokaiger, there were about 182 sentai team members in the Legendary War from Goranger to Goseiger. They were the following (which included the 15 6th rangers that were also involved, including being shown in the ending credits of Gokaiger during the sentai rap from episodes 1-15):

Goranger - Akaranger, AoRanger, KiRanger, MomoRanger, & MidoRanger. (5)
JAKQ - Spade Ace, Diamond Jack, Heart Queen, Clover King, & The Big One. (10)
Battle Fever J - Battle Japan, Battle Cossack, Battle France, Battle Kenya, & Miss America. (15)
Denjiman - Denji Red, Denji Blue, Denji Green, Denji Yellow, & Denji Pink. (20)
Sun Vulcan - Vul Eagle, Vul Shark, & Vul Panther. (23)
Goggle V - Goggle Red, Goggle Black, Goggle Blue, Goggle Yellow, & Goggle Pink. (28)
Dynaman - Dyna Red, Dyna Black, Dyna Blue, Dyna Yellow, & Dyna Pink. (33)
Bioman - Red One, Green Two, Blue Three, Yellow Four, & Pink Five. (38)
Changeman - Change Dragon, Change Gryphon, Change Pegasus, Change Mermaid, & Change Phoenix. (43)
Flashman - Red Flash, Green Flash, Blue Flash, Yellow Flash, & Pink Flash. (48)
Maskman - Red Mask, Black Mask, Blue Mask, Yellow Mask, & Pink Mask. (53)
Liveman - Red Falcon, Yellow Lion, Blue Dolphin, Black Bison, & Green Sai. (58)
Turboranger - Red Turbo, Black Turbo, Blue Turbo, Yellow Turbo, & Pink Turbo. (63)
Fiveman - Five Red, Five Blue, Five Black, Five Pink, & Five Yellow. (68)
Jetman - Red Hawk, Black Condor, Yellow Owl, White Swan, & Blue Swallow. (73)
Zyuranger - TyrannoRanger, MammothRanger, TriceraRanger, TigerRanger, PteraRanger, & DragonRanger. (79)
Dairanger - RyuuRanger, ShishiRanger, TenmaRanger, KirinRanger, HououRanger, & KibaRanger. (85)
Kakuranger - Ninja Red, Ninja White, Ninja Blue, Ninja Yellow, & Ninja Black. (90)
Ohranger - Oh Red, Oh Green, Oh Blue, Oh Yellow, Oh Pink, & KingRanger. (96)
Carranger - Red Racer, Blue Racer, Green Racer, Yellow Racer, & Pink Racer. (101)
Megaranger - Mega Red, Mega Black, Mega Blue, Mega Yellow, Mega Pink, & Mega Silver. (107)
Gingaman - Ginga Red, Ginga Green, Ginga Blue, Ginga Yellow, & Ginga Pink. (112)
GoGoV - Go Red, Go Blue, Go Green, Go Yellow, & Go Pink. (117)
Timeranger - Time Red, Time Blue, Time Green, Time Yellow, Time Pink, & Time Fire. (123)
Gaoranger - Gao Red, Gao Yellow, Gao Blue, Gao Black, Gao White, & Gao Silver. (129)
Hurricanger - Hurricane Red, Hurricane Blue, Hurricane Yellow, Kabuto Raiger, Kuwaga Raiger, & Shurikenger. (135)
Abaranger - Abare Red, Abare Blue, Abare Yellow, Abare Black, & Abare Killer. (140)
Dekaranger - Deka Red, Deka Blue, Deka Green, Deka Yellow, Deka Pink, & Deka Break. (146)
Magiranger - Magi Red, Magi Yellow, Magi Blue, Magi Pink, Magi Green, & Magi Shine. (152)
Boukenger - Bouken Red, Bouken Black, Bouken Blue, Bouken Yellow, Bouken Pink, & Bouken Silver. (158)
Gekiranger - Geki Red, Geki Yellow, Geki Blue, Geki Violet, & Geki Chopper. (163)
Go-Onger - Go-On Red, Go-On Blue, Go-On Yellow, Go-On Green, Go-On Black, Go-On Gold, & Go-on Silver. (170)
Shinkenger - Shinken Red (Takeru), Shinken Blue, Shinken Pink, Shinken Green, Shinken Yellow, & Shinken Gold. (176)
Goseiger - Gosei Red, Gosei Pink, Gosei Black, Gosei Yellow, Gosei Blue, & Gosei Knight. (182)

Now, we have the Gokaigers:

Gokaiger - Gokai Red, Gokai Blue, Gokai Yellow, Gokai Green, Gokai Pink, & Gokai Silver. (188)

Then we have the auxiliary heroes/heroines in which were counted as such by Toei (& they weren't even shown in Gokaiger's ending credits during the sentai rap of Gokaiger from episodes 1-15, nor were shown in the Legendary War until the 199 Hero Battle movie):

Signalman - 189.
Bullblack - 190.
Dekamaster - 191.
DekaSwan - 192.
Magimother - 193.
Wolzard - 194.
Zuban - 195.
Rio - 196.
Mele - 197.
Princess Kaoru - 198.
Akared - 199.

Then finally, we have the ones who weren't in Gokaiger for some reason:

Ninjaman - 200.
Gunmajin - 201.

And like Liquid Chris Sentai said, X-1 Mask, Deka Gold, Deka Bright, & Gosei Green were all just one shot heroes/heroines, so they wouldn't count at all. Just thought I shed some light on this matter.

These are one shot heroes. Before I get crap about Mask X1 being the sixth hero of Maskman, let me say that he is the sixth hero Maskman ALMOST had. The rest are would of been extra heroes.
-Mask X1 (Maskman)
-Deka Bright and Deka Gold (Dekaranger)
-Gosei Green (Goseiger)

Demon Hunter Sieg and Jeanne also. Same powers, but different gender. Titanium's equivalent to a degree.

Mad Skillz
The ally helpers are typically referred to as Bangai Heroes, which essentially just translates over as Extra Hero and pretty much covers anyone who isn't a cutesy sidekick or Ranger.

Demon Hunter Sieg and Jeanne also. Same powers, but different gender. Titanium's equivalent to a degree.

I wouldn't call them Titanium's equivalent, as they're more of allie helpers like Ninjaman and Zuban. But if I included Deka Gold, I guess I can include them.

One of the things that truly makes Deka Break the sixth hero of Dekaranger and not Deka Master is that for one the series focuses on the team on Earth. The ones on Earth are the five core team and Deka Master and Deka Swan (Who rarely fights) to aid them like how Abare Black aided the Abarangers. Deka Break wasn't originally from there. He came from another planet.

Same thing on how Magi Shine is the true sixth hero of Magiranger. The core five team are brothers and sisters, yet their mother and father act as Abare Black. Magi Shine wasn't apart of the family, yet he used very similar power.

Didn't Toei on several occasions considered Kuro Kishi as the sixth hero? Like in museums and other places.

Last edited:
Super Sentai fan
I think you're forgetting someone! Blue Reverse Dimension Ranger from Jetman is a one-shot hero, as well as the Neo-Jetmen.

I think you're forgetting someone! Blue Reverse Dimension Ranger from Jetman is a one-shot hero, as well as the Neo-Jetmen.

If I included Dan, then I would include his two other teammates too. They're a Sentai team too. I see the Neo-Jetman as a minor subsitute team. Like what the Alien Rangers were to th MMPR team for season 3 (with the White Alien Ranger fulfilling the Pink Rangers role) except they were more major.

I might put them in later.