Sentai 2012 - Tokumei Sentai Gobusters - Picture and News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Facepalm*

He didn't really mean what number they were introduced, apparently (since the sixth ranger additions were the first ones to really do this) any ranger who joins the team after the first story arc is called a "sixth" referancing the fact that they were handled as a sixth ranger usually is/was.

Honestly, I just refer to them as Auxiliary Rangers since that's pretty much what they are & it's less confusing that way.

Dekabreak's suit says 6, Dekabright's says 7 & Dekagold says 10. Dekamaster's says 100... for some odd reason & I don't think Dekaswan's says anything at all, unless you can find an 8 or 9 in there somewhere.

I got what they said when they were refering to them as "Sixth" ranger, though I don't get why they chose to do so. I was trying to be sarcastic...

The "Sixth" Ranger IMO is just the sixth ranger. If you want to conceptualize it, it has to be another person "in flesh" (human being or not), to stand out alone, and have his/her own mecha, to turn good at one point of the show, and has to henshin.

So the sixth ranger are clearly:

- Burai (Zyu)
- Kô (Dai)
- Riki (Oh)
- Yuusaku (Mega)
- Hyuuga when he gets Black Knight power (Ginga)
- Naoto (Time).
- Tsukumaro (Gao) (and MO maybe the sixthiest of the sixth. Maybe 5 or 6 episodes after he was introduced, it felt like Gaoranger was meant to be a six members tem)
- Shurikenger (he is human, we just never see his face)
Tetsu
- Hikaru (Magi). Magi Mother has no mecha, so not the sixth. Wolzard is a bit tricky, but he turns good after Magishine arrives, so that kinda rules him out, IMO.
- Eiji (Bouken)
- Genta (Shinken)
- Gai (Goukai)

IMO, it rules out

-X Mask (though it was the premise of the Sixth ranger)
- Samuraiman (not in flesh)
- Signalman (same reason)
- VRV Master (no henshin)
- Sieg Jeanne (mainly just "because")
- Anything that wasn't a sixth from Hurricaneger (the gouraigers, Abareblack and killer, Gekiviolet and chopper, Dekabright Master, Swan, the Go-on Wings since they were a team, and others if I forgot them)

Goseiknight is tricky, but I see him as just an Auxiliary ranger. And that's how I agree with you when you use that term.

To sum it up, all sixth rangers are auxiliary, but not all auxiliary are sixth...

Starting Hurricaneger Toei began to try new things like the evil team becoming good, introducing a fourth then a fifth ranger, so it's not the Sixth Ranger (6nin me no senshi in Japanese) concept anymore.

Of course, everything here is just my opinion, and I don't say it's perfectly right (I even admit the holes in my theory)

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Ok, so you just find it annoying when they don't use the term literally?:laugh:

I don't know, though, your system for this is a little complicated. They're just all Auxiliary Rangers to me.

always henshining'
lol people are going to keep discussing rangers status forever now :laugh:

I got what they said when they were refering to them as "Sixth" ranger, though I don't get why they chose to do so. I was trying to be sarcastic...

The "Sixth" Ranger IMO is just the sixth ranger. If you want to conceptualize it, it has to be another person "in flesh" (human being or not), to stand out alone, and have his/her own mecha, to turn good at one point of the show, and has to henshin.

So the sixth ranger are clearly:

- Burai (Zyu)
- Kô (Dai)
- Riki (Oh)
- Yuusaku (Mega)
- Hyuuga when he gets Black Knight power (Ginga)
- Naoto (Time).
- Tsukumaro (Gao) (and MO maybe the sixthiest of the sixth. Maybe 5 or 6 episodes after he was introduced, it felt like Gaoranger was meant to be a six members tem)
- Shurikenger (he is human, we just never see his face)
Tetsu
- Hikaru (Magi). Magi Mother has no mecha, so not the sixth. Wolzard is a bit tricky, but he turns good after Magishine arrives, so that kinda rules him out, IMO.
- Eiji (Bouken)
- Genta (Shinken)
- Gai (Goukai)

IMO, it rules out

-X Mask (though it was the premise of the Sixth ranger)
- Samuraiman (not in flesh)
- Signalman (same reason)
- VRV Master (no henshin)
- Sieg Jeanne (mainly just "because")
- Anything that wasn't a sixth from Hurricaneger (the gouraigers, Abareblack and killer, Gekiviolet and chopper, Dekabright Master, Swan, the Go-on Wings since they were a team, and others if I forgot them)

Goseiknight is tricky, but I see him as just an Auxiliary ranger. And that's how I agree with you when you use that term.

To sum it up, all sixth rangers are auxiliary, but not all auxiliary are sixth...

Starting Hurricaneger Toei began to try new things like the evil team becoming good, introducing a fourth then a fifth ranger, so it's not the Sixth Ranger (6nin me no senshi in Japanese) concept anymore.

Of course, everything here is just my opinion, and I don't say it's perfectly right (I even admit the holes in my theory)

I agree with a lot of your theory, but here is my criteria. Underlined are rangers left out. And yeah I'm just calling them Sixth Rangers and the others will just go with the main five or as just other allies.

1 Must have a mecha that sees combat AbreBlack, Ninjaman
2 Must have an untransformed state that is not battle ready Zuuban, Signalman (Grandion isn't really able to fight without a vehicle)
3 Must work with the team for at least three episodes Demon Hunter, DekaGold, DekaBright, X1 Mask, Magne Senshi
4 Must have a transformation sequence and role call Black Lion Rio, Mele[/b]
6 Powers must match with the rest of the team White Racer
7 If two rangers are added to a team of three and only a team of three, they are not sixths Black Bison and Green Sai, Goraigers, Go-On Green and Go-On Black, GekiViolet and GekiChopper
8 Being numerically sixth is unnessicary

That leaves Dragonranger, Kibaranger, Kingranger, MegaSilver, Black Knight Hyuuga/BullBlack, TimeFire, GaoSilver, Shurikenger, AbareKiller, DekaMaster, DekaBreak, DekaSwan (she owns and mantains mechs she just doesn't pilot them), MagiShine, MagiMother, WolzardFire, BoukenSilver, Go-On Gold, Go-On Silver, ShinkenGold, GoseiKnight and GokaiSilver

So there are twenty-one Extra Rangers, a handful of one offs, and a number of beings who help.

(Also, for future reference I'm a guy. I don't post much though so the confusion is understood.)

Some kind of Beast mode
I've always wanted them to shoot more mecha scenes outside. It's natural, and makes everything seem a heck of a lot more real. I get that heavy snow and rain can fck up props and what not, but for those definite sunny days they should play outside. Even more night battles would be cool in general, so if they were outside that would be new.

I'm sure this isn't the first for outside battles though..Jetman's mech flying past the skyscrapers in the OP comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.