Sentai 2012 - Tokumei Sentai Gobusters - Picture and News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so....we're saying that most 3 man sentai dont do well wen it comes to character or sells...and if so i thought even i lost interest go-onger did an ok job of their charater development as well as gekiranger in my opinion....each character had certaion purpose in gekiranger that was made clear although the story ended up going back to jan since i think is where the whole mess started..i loss track after the 5 genjukyen thing and i got back into it wen the came back from time traveling.....also did hurricanger doa good job of charater progession? I didnt watch it so i dont kno

Kuuguitar
Gekiranger's ratings weren't good either. They weren't as bad as Go-onger's, but were still worse than its predecessors.

On the other hand, it's got a major case of periphery fandom: Western fans and people familiar with wuxia really got into it.

On the other hand, it's got a major case of periphery fandom: Western fans and people familiar with wuxia really got into it.

I thought the series really felt like a Hong Kong film in the style of House of Hidden Daggers and Hero. The scenery and the themes of betrayal plus solid animal-inspired action really showed through.

In hindsight, though, it was probably a bad idea for a Japanese kids' show meant to sell toys.

Super Moderator
There isn't GekiRanger hate so much as Jan hate and I don't disagree. Plus the uniforms aren't favorites though their power-up modes actually look better IMO to a point where I wish they had been the standard forms. ..and it is a series where it feels like most of the thought went into the villains with little left for the heroes.

On the other hand its also this fun cool wacky celebration of kung fu movies with some damn good fights at points and that's an aspect of it that I enjoy. Plus there are things about the Rio and Mele story that I like. Out of the main three I liked Ran.

Not the worst Sentai ever but hardly a contender for the greatest.

Last edited:
Eye See You
Disagreed. It's a contendor for the best '00 Sentai. The only runner ups in my book are Timeranger, Shinkenger, and Abaranger.

Is there any? I know some people hate Go-onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, and even Gokaiger... but not Gekiranger...

There shouldn't be any. Gekiranger is just fantastic.

There is some on these boards. It's not hard to guess who, even.

Yep it's the usual ones who just love to complain for the sake of complaining.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
I've never encountered anyone around here that "hated" Gekiranger. I dislike Rio and Mele, and I don't think the show handled characterisation well, but all in all I enjoyed it ...

I know quite a few people who dislike Gekiranger, but they're mostly apathetic about it.
I think Gekiranger suffers more from a general indifference than hate...which could be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.