Sentai 2012 - Tokumei Sentai Gobusters - Picture and News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him when he wasn't a god
Huh, was there more info? I thought all we had was that the team come together to fight this supercomputer

IF the casting rumour is correct I can see Blue as the veteran of the group, maybe a Hoji type. It'd excuse the actor being so much older than the other two

has left HJU. Not coming back.
So we usually start a new thread once the pictures are in, here we go!

[hide]
PlgGQ.jpg
[/hide]
Tokumei Sentai Gobusters and their partner "Buddy Roids".

Wow... interesting! Not too bad. Looking forward to see the more pictures.

And Morphing brace? Now that is awesome. :castlerock:

二番目の翻訳者
IF the casting rumour is correct I can see Blue as the veteran of the group, maybe a Hoji type. It'd excuse the actor being so much older than the other two

I'd enjoy that, though; I miss having the wide age discrepancies among the actors. We'll see, though.

I love the theme, I love the suit designs, I love the change, the mecha, and the fact the individual mech's seem to actually serve a purpose beyond just being there for the combination. It makes them a lot more interesting as characters and as toys you'd want to buy.

The show just really works for me, and for those complaining about the designs.. I'm sure most will warm up to them by the time it starts. Just take a look back at the reactions to Fourze.

I'd enjoy that, though; I miss having the wide age discrepancies among the actors. We'll see, though.

I like Blue's proposed actor, I just think it odd they'd cast someone that age. He'd be the oldest member of a core team that we've seen in the last ten years. I am a bit wary of that cast just because some of the character names ("Hiromu", "Youko") are a little bit dated - like we wouldn't expect young Power Rangers to be named Diane and Jerry or something. But we'll see.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Power Rangers Spy Force!

Coming to Nick in 2017

<_<

Its probably going to be like how the main Villian in RPM was just virus or whatever and sent out monsters to complete his plan. I've seen this done plenty of times in fiction

this season is looking cool so far and the only thing I really want extra is for the team to be joined by White Buster and Black Buster; if we get Gold Buster and Silver Buster I will mini rage :laugh:

i would also love to see a white and black buster and I thinl the best animals for that is an osprey a bird that eats fish and for black a horse that i think eats grain......and since u dont wanna see a gold or silver lets hope for a green ranger called buster emerald which should have an alligator.....I am not saying this will happen just saying wat i'd like to see

i would also love to see a white and black buster and I thinl the best animals for that is an osprey a bird that eats fish and for black a horse that i think eats grain......and since u dont wanna see a gold or silver lets hope for a green ranger called buster emerald which should have an alligator.....I am not saying this will happen just saying wat i'd like to see

I hope it happens

Maybe one of each? Black and Silver seem like they'd fit in well with the theme and design

Lurker
It doesn't mean I hate Gokaiger for being excited about this, does it? :laugh: (I happen to love Gokaiger and will miss it when it's gone and salivate when the team-up comes). I knew we'd see the Gobusters soon if they were premiering in the January movie. :castlerock:

Sounds like a cool concept, although Sentai usually has cool concepts. I can't wait t see how the monsters and main villains look. The designs look cool, though I doubt I'm the only one who thinks they stole the sunglasses morpher from Jungle Fury. Looks cool. I'm digging the Buddy Roids designs. If they're anything like the Engines, I'll be pleased. Finally, Gobuster-oh looks awesome. Another great mecha design...although it'll be harder to watch if Toei goes back to over stuffing extra mecha on it.

My only beef is with the suits, and I'm not sure I can call it a beef. The helmets and extra suit parts are cool, but somehow the shirt and pants look is weird to me. I don't know, it just doesn't look Sentai-ish. I know Shinkenger-Gokaiger can be classified like that too (and Goseiger is one of favorite designs), but something seems off here. I don't know, ask me again in April, after I see a better pictures and moving footage/episodes of them. Don't get me wrong, the suits are kinda cool. I probably just have to let them grow on me.

Gobuster is more or less what I was hoping for in concept, a show that looks like it's going to do a lot of new things instead of coasting on tradition. I think it's a smart move by Toei, doing something different is really the only way to follow up an anniversary season.

I agree. I like the nostalgia in Gokaiger but after a year of it, a little change won't hurt. Then, for Gobuster's successors, they mix do equal parts (How sad is it I already thought of Gobuster's successors :laugh:).

Finally, did anyone hold off from accepting Gobusters as the name until now. I know I do it for every Sentai every year until we get pictures and info from Toei and I was curious if anyone else does that. I know we got a ton of names before seeing the picture and logo. Speaking of which, love the logo. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.