Sentai 2012 - Tokumei Sentai Gobusters - Picture and News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him when he wasn't a god
Where in the world did you get such an idea?

Because the "supercomputer" thing is something I'm seeing in fiction quite a bit at the moment and a supercomputer could, in theory, find all sorts of ways to **** with our heroes that don't involve sending rubber-suited kaijin after them?

i dig it. i really do. Its going to be hard to top Gokaiger, but this looks good. I approve...

I do wonder if the robot buddy things (...) will replace the 4th, 5th, and 6th Rangers...I doubt it-but ya never know...

二番目の翻訳者
But I believe I'm only disliking it because of the camera that was used to photograph it.It'll probably look better in action.This camera they used to take the pictures....It's really bad.

The angle of the shot also makes it really hard to tell what's going on with them exactly, too. And Red's pose is just kind of unflattering. Hopefully we'll get some good front shots soon.

I do wonder if the robot buddy things (...) will replace the 4th, 5th, and 6th Rangers...I doubt it-but ya never know...

They're sure to have at least one add-on just for the toy sales. There's a rumour already doing the rounds about a dolphin-bot, which would presumably have a human partner, so ...

ugh, as I thought Gokaiger would suck because of how Joe looked.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if after all this gushing about how "interesting" and "badass" Gobusters looks, we get a Red Ranger that the fanboys think is "too girly"

Lurker
Because the "supercomputer" thing is something I'm seeing in fiction quite a bit at the moment and a supercomputer could, in theory, find all sorts of ways to **** with our heroes that don't involve sending rubber-suited kaijin after them?

Its probably going to be like how the main Villian in RPM was just virus or whatever and sent out monsters to complete his plan. I've seen this done plenty of times in fiction

this season is looking cool so far and the only thing I really want extra is for the team to be joined by White Buster and Black Buster; if we get Gold Buster and Silver Buster I will mini rage :laugh:

Super Moderator
I like what we have seen of the mecha design. I hope they just stick to this set for a bit and choke the show to death in a deluge of toy debuts.

I'm not really sold on the suits. That could change, designs I was put off by at first have grown on me before. Other's have remained just as ugly by episode 49 or 50 as they were in the earliest preview pic. These I don't even think are awful they're just...well I'll put it this way when I first saw the pic I thought it had to be a fake. Maybe if the silver bits continued down the legs it'd bring it more together for me, I don't know.

I like bringing back a wrist changer but had to raise an eyebrow at the sunglasses. (and yeah, I know it's an UltraSeven thing) Though I like that the lense stays mounted on the device and the heroes have to hold it up to their eyes (at least if the way they show the little boy doing it is accurate to the series itself). That at least makes it feel more like a unique device and by that I mean not a unique device in the context of other henshin devices but a unique device in terms of being a special out of the ordinary thing the heroes get their powers from.

Sometimes the "what if this seeming normal everyday object secretly gave you superpowers" thing is a lot of fun, but other times it doesn't work. I like seeing unique devices to.

this season is looking cool so far and the only thing I really want extra is for the team to be joined by White Buster and Black Buster; if we get Gold Buster and Silver Buster I will mini rage :laugh:

I get the feeling there will be only one add-on this year or if there are two they'll both be guys. Which is annoying, but the shitty rabbit thing is probably female, and they'll probably add another female character to the supporting cast at some point (a la Oboro, Miki, Emiri etc.)

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men

Go ahead and watch Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad and see if that changes your mind

Nice post!!
Gobuster is more or less what I was hoping for in concept, a show that looks like it's going to do a lot of new things instead of coasting on tradition. I think it's a smart move by Toei, doing something different is really the only way to follow up an anniversary season.

Now, as for how that concept is executed... well, we just need to wait for the cast and staff confirmations.

Status
Not open for further replies.