Sentai 2012 - Tokumei Sentai Gobusters - Picture and News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is just that it's a little silly to argue that Sentai couldn't possibly be influenced by a show like RPM when the executive producer of RPM is currently directing Sentai.

He's not, you mean Fourze. Sakamoto only directed four episodes of Gokaiger, as a guest (5,6,11 and 12), he is Fourze main director.

He's not, you mean Fourze. Sakamoto only directed four episodes of Gokaiger, as a guest (5,6,11 and 12), he is Fourze main director.

The episodes he did direct of Gokaiger strongly showcase shots from RPM though. (As do his directorial ventures in Double).

The fact that henshin call looks to be "It's Morphing Time!" should send a red flag.

Toei is aware of Power Rangers, and aware of the US fanbase. We are just not the first thought on their minds. That doesn't mean they won't throw us a bone once-in-a-while.

Power Rangers 20th Anniversary=Nods in Gobusters

Doesn't seem that far fetched to me, and I don't see why it should.

二番目の翻訳者

I'm aware, but the exact number of episodes he directed is not really relevant to the point I'm making.

The point is, the guy is at Toei. To act like Toei would hire him without any awareness of the work he's been doing for the past fifteen years is ridiculous.

Honestly, I don't care if the "supercomputer" thing was inspired by PR or not -- it's a generic enough sci-fi plot point that it could come from anywhere. But given the context I don't think you can just dismiss the idea out of hand.

Banned
I'm aware, but the exact number of episodes he directed is not really relevant to the point I'm making.

The point is, the guy is at Toei. To act like Toei would hire him without any awareness of the work he's been doing for the past fifteen years is ridiculous.

Honestly, I don't care if the "supercomputer" thing was inspired by PR or not -- it's a generic enough sci-fi plot point that it could come from anywhere. But given the context I don't think you can just dismiss the idea out of hand.

You are going to have PR fanboys that are "SEEEEEEEEEEEE sentai is copying PR"..

You are also going to have sentai elitists that are "NOOOOOOOO they are putting PR in our sentai"

I laugh at both groups.

Eye See You

Koichi must have been jizzing all over the place just knowing that Fourze had a rocket pack and would be wire-fuing the **** out of himself.

二番目の翻訳者
You are going to have PR fanboys that are "SEEEEEEEEEEEE sentai is copying PR"..

You are also going to have sentai elitists that are "NOOOOOOOO they are putting PR in our sentai"

I laugh at both groups.

Under most circumstances I would be facepalming at the PR fanboys, as people in online fandoms are often disturbingly myopic when it comes to their fandom of choice.

But I mean, come on. The promo material says "It's morphing time" and they wear a morphin' brace. You kinda gotta give them this one.

Banned
Under most circumstances I would be facepalming at the PR fanboys, as people in online fandoms are often disturbingly myopic when it comes to their fandom of choice.

But I mean, come on. The promo material says "It's morphing time" and they wear a morphin' brace. You kinda gotta give them this one.

What I mean is that who cares what it does? I just want to enjoy sentai. I mean if they put pr stuff it it, it's not going to ruin it for me just because of that. I mean the people hating it need to watch it first.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Are our heroes Red Buster, Blue Buster and Yellow Buster or are they Buster Red, Buster Blue and Buster Yellow? I'm seeing it written both ways :sweat:

Altair
I honestly have fallen in love with the suits. I love how non-traditional they seem. The helmets are fantastic, although the sunglasses seem to stick out a little too much. But it's amazing. I am SO looking forward to this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.