Sentai 2012 - Tokumei Sentai Gobusters - Picture and News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurker
So the Morphin's Brace released shades for the guys to transform...

Reminds me of Zero Bracelet.

It's morphin time! Dragonzord!
I'm dying to see toy scans of anything providing us W/ whatever extra 2 Senshi will be ( Costumes, Mecha,etc. ) !!!

Last edited:
I call annoying MOTW that doesn't die until the second to last episode!

I want to be the monster that takes two episodes to defeat!

I want to look like this

prtfvibrickneck.jpg

I will be part of the enemy Ranger team a la Nejirangers.

Toei cares about Power Rangers enough to use the SPD Battlizer. Also, only Mystic Force, Samurai, and Jungle Fury were dubs. The others were adaptations. Yes dubs were involved, but they take stories to new directions such as [hide]Bouken/OO Red being a robot and Kruger supposedly being the last of his kind[/hide]

For example compare this:

SS Openings

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM9t6Li_0Og]Gingaman[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ZZBfbCoaM]Go-Onger[/ame]

PR Openings

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZvGk-yp0QQ]Lost Galaxy[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5uBvJgNa4s]RPM[/ame]

I picked the last fpr a reason. And I do in fact think its referencing Power Rangers.

I don't do sense
Toei cares about Power Rangers enough to use the SPD Battlizer.
Bandai, rather.

It's not unnatural that some ideas carry over, really.

Toei cares about Power Rangers enough to use the SPD Battlizer. Also, only Mystic Force, Samurai, and Jungle Fury were dubs. The others were adaptations. Yes dubs were involved, but they take stories to new directions such as [hide]Bouken/OO Red being a robot and Kruger supposedly being the last of his kind[/hide]

For example compare this:

SS Openings

Gingaman
Go-Onger

PR Openings

Lost Galaxy
RPM

I picked the last fpr a reason. And I do in fact think its referencing Power Rangers.

Sorry but I dont really get what your trying to explain with those openings.

二番目の翻訳者
Plus they've been integrating Sakamoto Kouichi into the direction more in recent years. Didn't he say he "slipped in references for PR fans" into Gokaiger a few times?

I'd say the fact that it's spelled モーフィン means it has to be a reference. Japanese otherwise spell the word (morphing) モーフィング, and their dictionaries only include the recent, technical definition of "morphing," "to transform (an image) by computer."

If you search for モーフィン on Google, what you get are links about MMPR. At least, after you eliminate all references to morphine.

(Surely no one is so in-denial about Japan caring about PR they're going to convince themselves that it's the "morphine brace"... right?)

I don't think the others are necessarily references "for the fans" -- it might just be them re-using ideas they saw (and Sakamoto directed, let's not forget) on PR and thought were neat, or it might be a coincidence. But I have a pretty hard time seeing any use of モーフィン not being a deliberate PR reference. MMPR may not be huge in Japan, but it was shown over there, and people would at least know of the name.

Eye See You
So the Morphin's Brace released shades for the guys to transform...

Reminds me of Zero Bracelet.

Kinda reminds me of Ultraseven meets any other Brace using Sentai team.

Bandai, rather.

It's not unnatural that some ideas carry over, really.

and I don't mind it. I think Sentai is at the point where they know PR is known in Japan and can throw in a reference or two.

Plus they've been integrating Sakamoto Kouichi into the direction more in recent years. Didn't he say he "slipped in references for PR fans" into Gokaiger a few times?

We need to be careful. Koichi Sakamoto could be good AND bad. We don't need 2 seconds of proper normal fighting and 20 minutes of wire-fu. I'm not really a fan of his to be honest.

As for references, fans are debating that the Go-Onger episode which featured the spinner parts of on the gloves is from RPM but someone also said they used that in an early episode of Go-Onger as well.

The rumors of Gavan are slowly disappearing

I think that was all bullshit to begin with. I'm sure Kenji Oba is busy with other things.

That seems a little...off to me. It would be strange to count the same character twice, especially when it was listed as a hero and not a mecha.

Not really since one is the Roid buddy and the other is the actual mecha.

Hmm ... love the minimalist design of the suit. The mecha is pretty rad, especially Red (About time Red has a stand alone mecha ala Ryuuseioh)

:buttrock:

I've compiled my thoughts on all the info we have so far into a satirical addition formula.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought of this.

(and those of you who call it it a "headder system" really need to learn more about transformers >.<)

[hide]
how_i_view_the_concept_behind_tokumei_sentai_gobus_by_mattwo-d4hx9bz.jpg
[/hide]

You nailed it.

I thought he transforms into a bike also?
It looks like he does. He's sporting the Biker style handle bars ala Winspector.

二番目の翻訳者
We need to be careful. Koichi Sakamoto could be good AND bad. We don't need 2 seconds of proper normal fighting and 20 minutes of wire-fu. I'm not really a fan of his to be honest.

I've liked his work in Kamen Rider. The Accel movie certainly wasn't lacking for proper fight scenes. But have been a little eh about his Sentai stuff. Haven't seen any of his PR work.

My point is just that it's a little silly to argue that Sentai couldn't possibly be influenced by a show like RPM when the executive producer of RPM is currently directing Sentai.

Welcome
Wait....The individual mecha for each ranger are released each on their own?

Status
Not open for further replies.