Sentai 2012 - Tokumei Sentai Gobusters - Picture and News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 7 different keychains! Chida is one keychain and GobusterAce is another one. Yeah it's the same guy but it two different forms. It' be like asking why we need a key chain for Fourze, Fourze Fire state, and Fourze Elect state. Hell it could even just be GobusterOh which it probably is.

To their point, though, the key chains are all labelled "Hero <number>" with number going from 1 to 7 underneath them.

One 5 pictures are not enough for you?! God this fandom is so demanding!!!

But yeah if that changer really does say it's morphin time I'm buying that. What I don't get is what's the catch? No keys? No cards? How is Toei going to take our money?

The depictions of the Gobusters are just the first ten minute of the 1st episode. The method to Bandai's madness will be the decapitation of the three member's limbs which are attached and detached Robocop-style to bring new power-ups whilst the steam gushing . The key to this is that each of the colored limbs are linked to an animal and thus linked to 36 auxiliary mecha that become attachments to the main mecha and form their own robos for each main one like Albegas.

Their guns are stored in their thighs ala Gavan mode , B Fighter Magnums are carried by their Stag, Kaubto and Reddle arms in both BF and Kabuto variations with the Gold and Green Kabuto mechs reincarnated to give the Gobusters new bodies after they are killed amongst their blood and gore.

They then wear armor reminscient of the Solbrain and Winspector series until they are reduced to robots ala Jiban by the end of the series.

There. It keeps gore lovers happy, Bandai reps happy and Toei happy.

The depictions of the Gobusters are just the first ten minute of the 1st episode. The method to Bandai's madness will be the decapitation of the three member's limbs which are attached and detached Robocop-style to bring new power-ups whilst the steam gushing . The key to this is that each of the colored limbs are linked to an animal and thus linked to 36 auxiliary mecha that become attachments to the main mecha and form their own robos for each main one like Albegas.

Their guns are stored in their thighs ala Gavan mode , B Fighter Magnums are carried by their Stag, Kaubto and Reddle arms in both BF and Kabuto variations with the Gold and Green Kabuto mechs reincarnated to give the Gobusters new bodies after they are killed amongst their blood and gore.

They then wear armor reminscient of the Solbrain and Winspector series until they are reduced to robots ala Jiban by the end of the series.

There. It keeps gore lovers happy, Bandai reps happy and Toei happy.

And gives lazycoconut a hissy fit, making more people happy.

What about the kids that have to change their underwear at the commerical break when they lose their arms?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Where are these posts you mention?

Off the top of my head: There's a post about a 40-something guy being arrested (and apparently relentlessly mocked) for downloading Kamen Rider, and a poll where people listed collecting Sentai figures as one of the most unattractive behaviours in a guy/girl. I can remember Scissors saying something too, guess I should dig 'em up

Red Falcon
Hmm ... love the minimalist design of the suit. The mecha is pretty rad, especially Red (About time Red has a stand alone mecha ala Ryuuseioh)

I've been looking at those pics for a little bit and finally found what was throwing me off about the designs:

There's no white.

At least it looks like it's just silver, no white. Not even on the necks. Anybody else notice that? Maybe I was just super slow on the uptake there. Is this like, the first time in sentai that white hasn't been an accent color for the core team? It was throwing me off at first, but now I'm kinda happy the designers went without it. Really sets the Gobusters apart if they are the first to not have white.

Kuuguitar
I've been looking at those pics for a little bit and finally found what was throwing me off about the designs:

There's no white.

At least it looks like it's just silver, no white. Not even on the necks. Anybody else notice that? Maybe I was just super slow on the uptake there. Is this like, the first time in sentai that white hasn't been an accent color for the core team? It was throwing me off at first, but now I'm kinda happy the designers went without it. Really sets the Gobusters apart if they are the first to not have white.

Gekiranger had no white on their suits until GekiChopper and Super Gekiranger.

I'm not buying the Power Rangers connections. Sunglasses are a pretty typical thing for spies/secret agents to use, and their function here isn't at all similar to Jungle Fury. All of the story ideas are pretty cliché secret agent themes as well, nothing that I'd say was "obviously pulled from PR".

"It's morphing time" (no, they aren't using morphin') is an interesting choice, but it could just be used to show what's happening in the picture, not necessarily something that will be said in the show.. and for people who transform to say that doesn't seem like too much of a stretch anyway, it's a fairly generic term. I just don't think the writers and designers at Toei pay as much attention to the American translation as some people here think. None of it seems like any more than a coincidence, though I'll at least say these "references" are at least a bit more grounded in reality, compared to some of the others I've seen suggested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.