Life is viewtiful
Well lets cut to the chase...I suck horribly at writing well thought out research papers and it's driving me crazy! It seems as if I've been at a remedial writing level since my freshman year. It's my senior year and I feel as I haven't even improved during all four years. And im afraid that when I go to college, that my papers aren't going to be up to par with everyone else. When i'm making a rough draft, everything seems to sound alright, but when I start to actually typed it all out, the ending result feels like a convoluted, incoherent mess. So I wanted to know, what do you guys do to help write your research papers and to make your point clear for everyone to understand? :shakefist

Well lets cut to the chase...I suck horribly at writing well thought out research papers and it's driving me crazy! It seems as if I've been at a remedial writing level since my freshman year. It's my senior year and I feel as I haven't even improved during all four years. And im afraid that when I go to college, that my papers aren't going to be up to par with everyone else. When i'm making a rough draft, everything seems to sound alright, but when I start to actually typed it all out, the ending result feels like a convoluted, incoherent mess. So I wanted to know, what do you guys do to help write your research papers and to make your point clear for everyone to understand? :shakefist

I get my parents, girlfriend or brother to read my papers when they are done. the one who helps the most is my brother, he is a genius in papers.

just get a friend or 2 to read your papers, this way they can help you with them.

I also think the same way with my papers. but when people read them, they say they are good and I always get an A or B. just stick to the topic

boogie woogie feng shui
As an English major, the number one tip I can give you (although you probably aren't going to want to hear it) is to just read and write a lot. Read anything, everything. It will give you an idea of all the different styles of writing and help form concrete ideas in your mind of what things sound like layed out in different ways, and writing is just one of those things that takes lots of practice. You seem to have a pretty good grasp of grammar and spelling, so you're already way ahead of most high school students. You probably just get nervous when writing papers and understimate the quality because you don't think they're what your teachers want to read. Just relax and find your own "voice"... writing in a way that's most natural to you comes easy and keeps your from sounding like everybody else. Trust me, even though your teachers want you to sound like a typical Joe College English paper writer at this point, individuality is what is going to let you stand out down the road. So just relax, study elements of other writers, and try to incorporate those principles when doing your own work.

...did Bolt really just give helpful advice without leaving a single sarcastic comment? :O_O:

damn Bolt...that was great...wish I had this kind of help when I started High School

boogie woogie feng shui
...did Bolt really just give helpful advice without leaving a single sarcastic comment? :O_O:

... seriously, I'm gonna cry if you guys don't start giving me some credit.

Life is viewtiful
As an English major, the number one tip I can give you (although you probably aren't going to want to hear it) is to just read and write a lot. Read anything, everything. It will give you an idea of all the different styles of writing and help form concrete ideas in your mind of what things sound like layed out in different ways, and writing is just one of those things that takes lots of practice. You seem to have a pretty good grasp of grammar and spelling, so you're already way ahead of most high school students. You probably just get nervous when writing papers and understimate the quality because you don't think they're what your teachers want to read. Just relax and find your own "voice"... writing in a way that's most natural to you comes easy and keeps your from sounding like everybody else. Trust me, even though your teachers want you to sound like a typical Joe College English paper writer at this point, individuality is what is going to let you stand out down the road. So just relax, study elements of other writers, and try to incorporate those principles when doing your own work.

Wow man, I don't know how much I can thank you. And the fact that you actually took the time to help too..I just owe you a bunch. :laugh:

boogie woogie feng shui
Wow man, I don't know how much I can thank you. And the fact that you actually took the time to help too..I just owe you a bunch. :laugh:

You don't owe me nothin', but it won't have helped at all if you don't act on it, so get to learning! Seriously, not everything with words written on it is boring. There is plenty of entertaining stuff out there and ways to learn from everything. If you make an effort to incorporate knowledge from every avenue of life into your own, then you stand to level up to over 9,000... or something.