what the heck... I used to see that DiC logo every single day as a child watching tv... never scared me one bit.
The majoirty of those aren't even scary at all what the heck are they thinking?

Lurker
Doggy Kruger said:
what the heck... I used to see that DiC logo every single day as a child watching tv... never scared me one bit.
The majoirty of those aren't even scary at all what the heck are they thinking?

Precisly.

...Bloody yanks, I've never even heard of the "V of Doom" either...

That logo represents the days DIC were actually producing good cartoons...

I don't have low self esteem.
Don't ask me how, but I can remember I was a kid, and the "THAMES TELEVISION" logo actually gave me nightmares!! It actually resembled a monster!! I can remember the weird dreams of when I was watching TV and the Thames logo was playing repeatedly, and later on it bit me in the stomach!! Since then I always kept my hand on my stomach every time I went to bed!! :p

Ah, the weird things that happen during childhood!!

EDIT: Oh, I could understand why the "S of Hell" was disturbing!! I didn't crap my pants, but the synthesiser sounded like a wicked witch (or something).

Last edited:
The Hanna-Barbera "Swirling Star" logo from the 1980`s scared me.Well,really,the logo itself wasn`t scary but the music creeped me out.Now,I think it sounds like someone walked into a restroom,flushed a toliet,recorded the sound of the toilet flushing,and synthesized it.

Two logos that scared the living hell out of me were:
LBS-Lexington Broadcast Services(was the syndicator for Inspector Gadget in the 80`s).Their logo had a very eerie sounding synth tune.The music was trying to sound happy,but instead had the opposite effect.
PBS-The weird P-Head logo from the early 80`s.Again,this was a logo that wasn`t really too bad appearance wise but had very scary music.It was at it`s worst on Sesame Street.If you can remember,the end credits of the show were simply generic white credits in a black background.Accompanying the credits was a creepy metallic sounding synth tune.Add that with the music of the PBS logo(which followed it)and you`d have nightmares for weeks.

Memories of logos that used to scare me are trickling into my head now, but the idea of it so hilariously absurd I can't really think of any. :laugh:

I keep laughing.

The Hanna-Barbera "Swirling Star" logo from the 1980`s scared me.Well,really,the logo itself wasn`t scary but the music creeped me out.Now,I think it sounds like someone walked into a restroom,flushed a toliet,recorded the sound of the toilet flushing,and synthesized it.

Two logos that scared the living hell out of me were:
LBS-Lexington Broadcast Services(was the syndicator for Inspector Gadget in the 80`s).Their logo had a very eerie sounding synth tune.The music was trying to sound happy,but instead had the opposite effect.
PBS-The weird P-Head logo from the early 80`s.Again,this was a logo that wasn`t really too bad appearance wise but had very scary music.It was at it`s worst on Sesame Street.If you can remember,the end credits of the show were simply generic white credits in a black background.Accompanying the credits was a creepy metallic sounding synth tune.Add that with the music of the PBS logo(which followed it)and you`d have nightmares for weeks.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh my god, you got me crying.... so absurd, but I think I know what you're talking about.... :D

There was one... but I can only think of the music. It pounded in and thudded out with the sound of cannons. Like the armies of hell itself had pounded their drums for their arrival.

I can't remember what it was tho...

My GOD I forgot that logos could be scarey. :sly:

Oh my God.... The Blue V of Doom.

Holy ****, how do people remember this stuff? Just the sight of it awakens some primeval sadness and horror in my mind... but I don't understand any rational explanation for the fear. You gotta have a damn good memory for this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
boogie woogie feng shui
I'll tell you what's fucking scary when you're a little kid: the movie Supergirl.

I mean ****.

While it's hilarious to see people recount these horror stories and see the Wikipedia accounts... I had completely and utterly forgotten how much I used to dread some of these logos.

Man.... I mean, remembering them I can feel the sadness and hopeless horror, but there's utterly no rational behind it.

Another I haven't mentioned yet that I remember having to steel my soul against, so that I could just enjoy my gorram favorite show, He-Man, was the Filmation opening logo.

I think I have the vaguest memories of trying to shut off the television before the end logo struck its discordant cord in my soul, like the Devil reaching out to play my heart like some kind of organic instrument.

Man... kinda wish I hadn't remembered these old fears..... very, very, old fears..... -__-