IMO, in what little I've seen him (the Super Sentai Spirits clip) he's got great stage presence, and his voice is great -- especially considering I usually don't prefer his style of music. Rock on (or sing on, since he doesn't need to rock) =)

I believe he's a legend in the industry...but I still prefer Nobuo Uematsu tho :shrug:

Would like to change his avatar
Cuiran said:
IMO, in what little I've seen him (the Super Sentai Spirits clip) he's got great stage presence, and his voice is great -- especially considering I usually don't prefer his style of music. Rock on (or sing on, since he doesn't need to rock) =)

I like him, he sings well and seems like a nice guy, but -- he always sings in the same exact way. He never does anything different! You know a Sasaki track when you hear one, because it sounds just like his other stuff! And if you hear that Sasaki will be singing a song, you automatically know what it's going to sound like, because he never changes his style. Sort of like the other tokusatsu/anime favorite Masato Shimon...these guys are really easy to imitate, which shouldn't be the way for real singers.

I have a few episodes of a show called Utaemon where there's clips of various Sasaki performances (OP songs for Goranger, Galaxy Express 999 and Uchuu Senkan Yamato) and it always looked like he was lip-synching to me.

To me, Shinichi Ishihara will always be the coolest Japanese singer...he can adapt to any style and still kick ass.

BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
From what I've heard and seen, I actually do like him. He's got an excellent voice. For some strange reason, though, when I first saw the clip of Super Sentai Live 2004, I could've sworn that I had seen him in something earlier....

Would like to change his avatar
Misfits923 said:
From what I've heard and seen, I actually do like him. He's got an excellent voice. For some strange reason, though, when I first saw the clip of Super Sentai Live 2004, I could've sworn that I had seen him in something earlier....

Maybe because Sasaki's done some acting; he was a semi-regular in Juspion and played Hiroshi's mad scientist father in Kamen Rider ZO. Sasaki also did the voice of Condor Joe in Gatchaman, in case there's a slim chance nobody knew that...

Shougo Kuroiwa said:
Sasaki also did the voice of Condor Joe in Gatchaman, in case there's a slim chance nobody knew that...

*raises hand* I didn't, if it's any consolation.

And yes, Sasaki does tend to sing the same way all the time...but so do other singers who are famous for the same somewhat lounge-lizard style and swing-cat swagger, and to be honest, a lot of them I simply don't like. Sasaki I have so far. Whether I respect his chops or his adaptability (or lack thereof) is slightly different. =)