Samurai Rangers/Shinkengers have too much power?

Some kind of Beast mode
I just thought that I heard about it from Toei themselves in a article that I couldn't remember, but I could be wrong.

Ahh gotcha. I'm not sure if Toei would gas a specifc series to that extent. That would be something if they did though.

Resident Precureologist
We do still have the problem of training.

Look at the Kabuto Disc/Beetle Disc. Both Takeru and Jayden are shown training all night, at the cost of their own health to master it. Look at Takeru in the final battle, and how tired he is after using the "Double" disc.

They do put their bodies on the line, and occasionally it pays off. The Shinkengers are not overpowered, at least not until they meet the Goseigers, where the Mojikara power and the Tensou cards combine so perfectly.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Regarding them knowing the attack when transformed to other sentai heroes, I think it becomes an auto-pilot thing. They inherit the attacks based on the form that they take. Once out of that suit, they can't do anything with it.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I disagree with this thread!!!!

...it's fine considering that their japanese might suck...

:thumbs:

Bandito Shake Cometh
The Symbol Power really reminds me of the Ninja Powers in Season 3. They could duplicate, grow to be hundreds of feet tall, teleport, move super fast, and do that weird thing where they jump out of water but aren't soaked. Why even bother downgrading to the Dino suits?

Minato Ascending
In Shinkenger I got the sense that it was difficult to use mojikara skillfully. Like, it's not too hard to use it to do weird things, but it's not often used for anything besides combat maneuvers until the end of the series. That's when you start getting crazy stuff like Takeru's Amazing Insta-Horse.

Now, the Samurai Rangers... those guys really do seem to use symbol power to basically do anything they feel like doing. There are a lot more scenes of the characters using symbol power usefully both out-of-costume and in combat in that show so far.

Yeah, in Shinkenger you get the sense that using Mojikara isn't that easy, since it is difficult to write the more powerful kanji, and the senshis would practice writing calligraphy from time to time. On the other hand, in PR Samurai it seems like they can just write whenever they feel like, and there's no concept similar to Mojikara in their universe.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I have to agree that the Samurai Rangers use "Symbol Power" a bit more recklessly than the Shinkengers used Mojikara. I'd like to see an episode where they all have to be taught a lesson about not using it for any old crap (like that Mystic Force episode) but there isn't much chance of that, since there was no such episode in Shinkenger

Actually there was that episode where they were practicing mojikara in Shinkenger and it basically caused trouble for the kurokos in the castle, and if I'm not mistaken it was the same episode they combined their mojikara to do some physics based attack. I think they could completely cut out the fact that it was a kuroko centered episode and make the focus on their symbol power in Samurai.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Actually there was that episode where they were practicing mojikara in Shinkenger and it basically caused trouble for the kurokos in the castle, and if I'm not mistaken it was the same episode they combined their mojikara to do some physics based attack. I think they could completely cut out the fact that it was a kuroko centered episode and make the focus on their symbol power in Samurai.

Didn't they already skip over that one? It was before Genta arrived, and now Samurai is going straight to the Gold Ranger's arrival