I disagree with the driving in Saints Row 2. I havent played 1 yet so I cant comment, but 2's driving always felt very fast paced and fluid for me. The steering was always very right on the money and it was easy to evade what I needed to evade.

Switch over to GTAIV, and the steering was just atrocious. I couldnt find a single car that hit that sweet spot of being able to power through stuff and mow stuff down, while at the same time having decent steering. May that is more realistic, but that is SO not what I want out of a game like this.

Saints Row the Third looks SOO over the top and hardcore, I'm gonna call it a GTA killer.

That's because you need to drive the fast cars in GTA IV. The other cars weren't that at steering, but the sports cars were great at handling and fast.

Not that I was able to find. The sports cars were fast but the handling was so loose, as to be impossible at times.

And the motorcycles? Dont even get me started.

GTA: San Andreas hit a pinnacle for the GTA franchise, but instead of Rockstar doing what they did with SA, only better, they turned around and made a completely new game. And while that's not necessarily a bad thing, it emphasized a lot of the realism that GTA SA was trying to escape from. where as Saints Row 2 took the formula of SA and said "How can we make this as funny and over the top as humanly possible." Is it a ripoff of SA? Probably. Is that necessarily a bad thing? Hell no. All the cars handle pretty well for what they are, the upgrade and customization mechanic is fantastic. The voicework is well done, the characters are all likeable and legitimately funny, and just being able to watch your gang go from a little group of ragtag ruffians to the greatest criminal empire in Stilwater is more fun than it should be.

Saints Row the Third looks like its going to have all that, plus new leveling mechanics, weapon upgrades, amazing cars, Fur Suits (I'm a furry and that is just awesome that they acknowledge that), and dildo bats. Its all about taking a formula that Rockstar dropped on the curb, cleaning it off, and making it better than what Rockstar themselves can do.

Banned
I disagree with the driving in Saints Row 2. I havent played 1 yet so I cant comment, but 2's driving always felt very fast paced and fluid for me. The steering was always very right on the money and it was easy to evade what I needed to evade.

Switch over to GTAIV, and the steering was just atrocious. I couldnt find a single car that hit that sweet spot of being able to power through stuff and mow stuff down, while at the same time having decent steering. May that is more realistic, but that is SO not what I want out of a game like this.

Saints Row the Third looks SOO over the top and hardcore, I'm gonna call it a GTA killer.

I never understood the people that complained about GTA4's driving. I have never had a problem in it. Not during slow chases, and not with a 6 star wanted level escaping the cops.

Again, I found about 90% of the cars in GTA to be either way too loose or way too tight. I couldnt do with the car what I wanted.

glasses: on
I never understood the people that complained about GTA4's driving. I have never had a problem in it. Not during slow chases, and not with a 6 star wanted level escaping the cops.

4's driving mechanic wasn't bad, for me it was just hard to get accustomed to compared to the get in and drive in SR. I like my cars to feel like an arcade car (burnout/motorstorm) where I don't have to think about the cars handling and just powerslide/handbrake round every corner without breaking speed, or mow down mobs and 180 with no stress.

Coming from SA to 4 just didn't help in that aspect.

4 is a wonderful game in it's own right and deserves the praise/respect it gets and it's one game I'd never bash as I love the GTA franchise and hope the next one is even better.

Maybe I need another sitdown with it.

Banned
4's driving mechanic wasn't bad, for me it was just hard to get accustomed to compared to the get in and drive in SR. I like my cars to feel like an arcade car (burnout/motorstorm) where I don't have to think about the cars handling and just powerslide/handbrake round every corner without breaking speed, or mow down mobs and 180 with no stress.

Coming from SA to 4 just didn't help in that aspect.

4 is a wonderful game in it's own right and deserves the praise/respect it gets and it's one game I'd never bash as I love the GTA franchise and hope the next one is even better.

Maybe I need another sitdown with it.

I did have problems with motorcycles in GTA4, but the lost and damned fixed those problems.

Just went back and replayed a bit of GTA IV, and yeah I still feel justified with saying I HATE the driving in that game. It feels TOO realistic to me. I guess thats alright for some people, but when I'm in a car in a game like that I wanna feel like a complete badass, Powersliding around corners, doing 180s and BLASTING in the opposite direction, all that awesome ****. In GTA IV I never really feel awesome.

Also, theres just not enough customization in that game.