Something tells me Orion is the bad guy in the beginning but he'll join the good guys fully later on like Phoenix right?

Pegasus should slap a punch at Orion to make him snap!

I don't know. Maybe Eden will join Kouga and the others after their epic fight.

Raxbait: Hip
So Burning Cosmo hasnt seem to be updating on the new release.
Any other sub groups that have good quality?

Lurker
So Burning Cosmo hasnt seem to be updating on the new release.
Any other sub groups that have good quality?

Burning Cosmos put theirs subs on hold until the 29th because their translator is apparently on a vacation or something.

The only other groups working on Omega use the Crunchyroll subs which don't come out until Wednesday afternoon.

Raxbait: Hip
Burning Cosmos put theirs subs on hold until the 29th because their translator is apparently on a vacation or something.

The only other groups working on Omega use the Crunchyroll subs which don't come out until Wednesday afternoon.

I did not know that, much thanks :thumbs:
I shall wait then.

Lurker
I made an opening video for Omega using the song from Digimon 02 (I always though the two fit quite well together)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWG9uLGkwys"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWG9uLGkwys[/ame]

Hey, it's pretty nice. And you picked good scenes from the episodes to be part of an opening, if it weren't for the credits overlayed on the footage of the original opening not matching the credit-less scenes, it'd look almost professional.

Lurker
The (previously announced) Omega video game will be for the PSP. Released on Nov 29 in Japan.

tumblr_m8g9qkMlva1qcil0co1_500.jpg

More pics...

[HIDE]
tumblr_m8g9qkMlva1qcil0co2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8g9qkMlva1qcil0co3_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8g9qkMlva1qcil0co5_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8g9qkMlva1qcil0co4_1280.jpg
[/HIDE]

正義の味方
Just watched 19, and gotta say, I love all the throwbacks. Shiryu didn't talk yet he still was awesome. Libra cloth popping up was nice.

So, I know this is an alternate timeline, but can't help but wonder how many of the canon stuff happened in the show. Shiryu losing his sight happened twice in the original series: in the sanctuary arc, and in the poseidon arc. The hades chapter probably didn't happen, otherwise Seiya and the guys would have had their god cloths. Him losing five of his senses though is new, and it adds to the hades chapter not happening, otherwise he would have achieved his eight sense by then. But him not being able to do anything also means that he probably didn't achieve the seventh sense that restored his eyesight... which happened back in the sanctuary arc. So I'm guessing in this timeline, it's sanctuary arc, then straight to Seiya and the guys fighting Mars.

It's kind of sad to see the previous cast get beat down like this and not kicking ass though... I'd hate so see Hyoga and Ikki in a weakened state. But if they were still kickin', they'd steal the show I guess.

Nice post!!
It's kind of sad to see the previous cast get beat down like this and not kicking ass though... I'd hate so see Hyoga and Ikki in a weakened state. But if they were still kickin', they'd steal the show I guess.

This is one of the most fundamental problems with Saint Seiya Omega. The show's not even about Seiya anymore, it's supposed to be about Kouga, yet it's still Seiya's name in the title. The story is supposed to be about the new Saints, yet the old Saints show the new kids up every time they appear, even though they're supposed to be beat down and powerless.

I mean, c'mon, Shun beating down a Silver Saint without even putting his cloth on, in one hit? If I am about eight years old and seeing this, I'm going to wish the show was about that guy, and not about the kid whose main protagonist power at that point seemed to be the ability to summon a better protagonist to fight for him.

It's a serious visual problem, too. Ryuho has probably the best Saint Cloth design of the main five kids, because... he's just wearing an interpretation of Kurumada's original design. Whenever Omega shows original series designs like Seiya, Shiryu, or Shun (or even losers like Ichi and Geki), the greater quality of their design is very apparent next to the mildly incompetent Omega designs.

Seriously, who looked at Soma's dorky Lionet armor and said, "Yes, that's what we want to spend a year drawing, a guy with an orange jockstrap on his head!"? The Hades Saints that appear for exactly one panel before Seiya punches them out had better designs than that. For one thing, their armor actually looked like armor instead of cloth or molded plastic! That might be a budget thing, as I've seen the show put more effort into metal shading in recent episodes, but there's no real way to do it with Kouga/Soma/Jun/Wolfguy's designs, which actually makes them look worse.

And why the **** do all the female Saints have to fight in goddamn high heels and tutus and ball gowns, when Shaina and Marin got to look like they were actually ready to get into a no-holds-barred streetfight? It looks increasingly ridiculous whenever the show wants me to buy that Yuna is some sort of huge badass, because she's dressed like a five year old at one of those creepy "Toddlers and Tiaras" beauty contests! Give the girl some actual friggin' armor or at least some activewear, and then maybe she won't look like someone's Princess Tutu Mary Sue when she gets into a fight.

Despite what you might think from all the bitching, I want to like Omega. I want to like Omega really bad. I defended turning the Palaestrum into Hogwarts, I'll even defend the stupid Digimon Adventure "Let's go collect plot tokens!" bullshit. But it really, really bothers me that a series trading on Kurumada's work has absolutely no understanding of what it's doing with its own artwork, or with its interpretation of Kurumada's. It has no idea how to make its own main characters seem appealing, and keeps letting cheap fanservice ploys make them look weak and uninteresting. The show really needs to decide what it really wants to be about, before it's too late. Omega's ratings are getting into Time Hunters territory, and the show may be over before it can even hit its stride.

Lurker
So, I know this is an alternate timeline, but can't help but wonder how many of the canon stuff happened in the show. Shiryu losing his sight happened twice in the original series: in the sanctuary arc, and in the poseidon arc. The hades chapter probably didn't happen, otherwise Seiya and the guys would have had their god cloths. Him losing five of his senses though is new, and it adds to the hades chapter not happening, otherwise he would have achieved his eight sense by then. But him not being able to do anything also means that he probably didn't achieve the seventh sense that restored his eyesight... which happened back in the sanctuary arc. So I'm guessing in this timeline, it's sanctuary arc, then straight to Seiya and the guys fighting Mars.

The Hades Arc did happened, because they showed that, before the Cloths turned into Clothstones, they were at their 3rd form, which occurs half way through the Hades Chapters.

The reason why they were not God Cloths has an very simple explanation. the manga Next Dimension shows that after the battle with Hades, the Bronze Cloths turned back to their third form. This is canon since ND is being written by Kurumada.

Also, I don't mind that Seiya and the others took the back seat on this one, since they are pretty much being treated a lot like the Gold Saints of the original. I do hope that before Omega ends, Shiryu and the others get healed and join the fight (there was a rumors that said Ikki was actually fine) but as of now I'm happy with Omega.

Despite what you might think from all the bitching, I want to like Omega. I want to like Omega really bad. I defended turning the Palaestrum into Hogwarts, I'll even defend the stupid Digimon Adventure "Let's go collect plot tokens!" bullshit. But it really, really bothers me that a series trading on Kurumada's work has absolutely no understanding of what it's doing with its own artwork, or with its interpretation of Kurumada's. It has no idea how to make its own main characters seem appealing, and keeps letting cheap fanservice ploys make them look weak and uninteresting. The show really needs to decide what it really wants to be about, before it's too late. Omega's ratings are getting into Time Hunters territory, and the show may be over before it can even hit its stride.

The current arc is more about destroying the ruins that are killing the Earth, which is pretty much a copy of the Poseidon arc of the original. The get the crystals as a byproduct of destroying the ruins.

Last edited: