The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
It already was. No a runaway success, but it did surpassed Toei's expectations.

Welp, you can color me surprised.

Though it does make me wonder what exactly were Toei´s expectations, after all, Saint Saiya is kind of a huge thing.

the switch from Figuarts to Myth Cloths for the Omega line was fan-requested

And so i shall never underestimate a fandom ever again.

Lurker
Welp, you can color me surprised.

Though it does make me wonder what exactly were Toei´s expectations, after all, Saint Saiya is kind of a huge thing.

Since Omega started, Toei has been advertising the hell out of it and the entire Saint Seiya franchise. At one point, during and Omega episode, there were 4 Saint Seiya commercials one right after the other. So they knew what they were doing.

And so i shall never underestimate a fandom ever again.

The sad part is that had already shown the Orion Eden Figuart prototype before that line got scrapped.

Lurker
Is it just me, or the toy doesn't quite match-up with the actual Cloth in the series? It's not as notable while equipped (there, it only seems to not match-up in that this one actually looks really pretty, while the actual series version...suffers from Omega's lack of animation budget hard). But the Object seems to be rather changed, doesn't it?

eSmN6qx.jpg

Lurker
Most of the Statue forms look different after making the transition from anime to Myth Cloth. It's more obvious with the Pegasus New Cloth because, for some unexplained reason, they decided to use even more of those crystal parts, even in objects that don't have it in the anime (like the wings).

Well, not in Japan, where all the recent anime releases flopped, especially Lost Canvas.
There's a faithful enough fanbase, mostly for Kurumada's works (the Next Dimension manga has good sales, better than LC did), but nowadays it was becoming one of those niche, ageing groups.

Tohru Furuya was in an event here recently, and he said Omega is revitalizing the franchise in Japan, which was obviously Toei's (and Bandai) intent when they started an all-new Sunday morning series.

Lurker
Cards Crusade has leaked the armors for the 1st Rank Pallasites Aegaeon and Galia...

tumblr_mqu4rhuUV41rvobogo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqu4rhuUV41rvobogo2_500.jpg

Usually, in Saint Seiya, the complexity of the armor design = power level... The good guys are f*cked...

Kinda remind me of divine clothes.
Galia's is pretty cool, but they must be a pain to animate.

Kinda remind me of divine clothes.

Their swords are supposed to be weapons used by gods before, and they're apparently strong enough that seventh sense isn't enough to beat them, so, it's likely a similar concept, at least.

Lurker
Titan's armor has been revealed and it looks even more like a God Cloth...

tumblr_mqvuuehATE1s2yioco1_500.jpg

Last edited: