Read my smart post
Cool, thanks for the answers guys. I remember watching the original Sailor Moon anime on TV and enjoying it, I assume Crystal will have a more serialized storytelling format. Either way, it's cool to see this franchise come back to life

Lurker
It's a direct adaptation of the original Sailor Moon manga series. It's not like the original anime where it's pretty much like it's own series. This new series is gonna be an actual reboot of the entire Sailor Moon franchise. Kinda like Batman (The Dark Knight Trilogy), Superman (Man of Steel), The Amazing Spider-Man and the X-Men: Days of Future Past. All of those movie reboots had to made for certain occasions.

I would say a better comparison wold be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

It's Judgement Time!
Just watched the first episode on Crunchyroll. I love seeing Sailor Moon return. But I felt the first episode of this new iteration was very stiff. Not just in animation but also character and humor. It needs to relax a bit and really enjoy itself. I immediately rewatched the original Sailor Moon dub afterward and there is a stark contrast in entertainment. Sure, the animation quality is one thing, but what I fell in love with was the personality of the original show and the humor. I havent seen the show in years and rewatching the dub, I found myself still smiling and laughing at some of the cute quirkiness of Serena. With the new series, there was no charm or quirkiness, it was just... very still and beautiful.

I really can't wait for the show to pick up a bit and I hope future episodes really shine.

D

Dr Kain

Aw hell no you didnt...

Sorry, but the original did not have a real dub, it just had someone making up lines and cutting pieces out to suit their needs. The voices for all of the secondary character phoned in their performances as they were getting a paycheck, but then, what do you expect from stiff unnatural dialog that makes George Lucas' writing look like Kubrick? The dialog rarely matched what was going on on screen. Everything was dumbed down to baby talk level. Episodes were cut out. Plot points were missing entirely. Genders were unnecessarily changed. Then we have the second dub that made things even worse such as having "Serena" sound like she had water up her nose and they changed Uranus and Neptune into cousin. Not to mention they did not even bother to release the entire series. Oh, and the god awful music. My god that music was bad.

It's Judgement Time!
Sorry, but the original did not have a real dub, it just had someone making up lines and cutting pieces out to suit their needs. The voices for all of the secondary character phoned in their performances as they were getting a paycheck, but then, what do you expect from stiff unnatural dialog that makes George Lucas' writing look like Kubrick? The dialog rarely matched what was going on on screen. Everything was dumbed down to baby talk level. Episodes were cut out. Plot points were missing entirely. Genders were unnecessarily changed. Then we have the second dub that made things even worse such as having "Serena" sound like she had water up her nose and they changed Uranus and Neptune into cousin. Not to mention they did not even bother to release the entire series. Oh, and the god awful music. My god that music was bad.

What the fu-

20120914120348!Exploding-head.gif

I don't even know where to begin!