Read my smart post
Not sure if this has been answered or not, but what exactly is this series? Is it a sequel to the original Sailor Moon or a reboot?

D

Dr Kain

It's supposed to be a direct adaptation of the manga. Whether or not that holds true has yet to be seen, but judging by the designs, it looks like it. That would mean no stupid monster of the week formula and they will be doing all of the villains and not just another Beryl saga.

I'm not sure they'll have time to do all the villains/the entire manga in, what, twenty-five episodes?

Yeah 25 episodes would be a slightly expanded Beryl Saga. Give each of the Shitennou a couple of monsters maybe? Manga has the Beryl arc at 14 chapters. I guess they could devote an episode or 2 to Mina's time as Sailor V?

D

Dr Kain

I'm not sure they'll have time to do all the villains/the entire manga in, what, twenty-five episodes?

They could easily get through at least Beryl and Diamond in that time.

Plus, this could just be the first season. Other rumors have been going around saying the episodes are hour long ones (so about 44 mins without commercials), so that would make it 50 half episodes, which is more than enough to adapt the entire manga given it is only 60 chapters.

Yeah 25 episodes would be a slightly expanded Beryl Saga. Give each of the Shitennou a couple of monsters maybe? Manga has the Beryl arc at 14 chapters. I guess they could devote an episode or 2 to Mina's time as Sailor V?

Twenty five is more than necessary for a 14 chapter arc. They shouldn't need more than 10-12 episodes for Beryl. Jaedite should be dead by episode 4 at the latest.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Or they could be doing the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure thing where they wanna just do the first major arc to test interest and will license more seasons as soon as theres suitable ratings

D

Dr Kain

I'm hoping they just go through the Beryl arc quick. We don't need another series focused on her when we already had 46 episodes for the first anime and 51 episodes on the live action series. It is especially annoying since Beryl is the least enjoyable of the villains. I though Nehelenia and Prince Diamond were far superior characters. Hell, Kaori Knight is a better villain.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Not sure if this has been answered or not, but what exactly is this series? Is it a sequel to the original Sailor Moon or a reboot?

It's a direct adaptation of the original Sailor Moon manga series. It's not like the original anime where it's pretty much like it's own series. This new series is gonna be an actual reboot of the entire Sailor Moon franchise. Kinda like Batman (The Dark Knight Trilogy), Superman (Man of Steel), The Amazing Spider-Man and the X-Men: Days of Future Past. All of those movie reboots had to made for certain occasions.