Sage's New Anime Project: Summer of Anime! 50 Anime in Three Months!

Yeah, plus its nearly impossible to get him to watch anything if I don't watch it with him. I'm STILL waiting on him to finish Dekaranger. >_<

Last week? Maburaho AND Kiddy Girl-and.

After Tenchi, Maburaho is my favorite harem series, I think. A low # of girls = developed characters. PLUS it gave us an actual resolution! How rare is that?

It also didn't hurt to have lots of explosions, an interesting world, and an excellent fight scene near the end--one of the best I've seen outside of action anime.

The rise of the tsundere has made me shun harems by and large. But Maburaho is (mostly) absent of that horrible character archetype ("Oh, I like you, but I can only express my love through debilitating violence!" "...Where's the stereotypical buxom slutty girl again?") and its a better show for it.

Meanwhile, Kiddy Girl-and...WTF. It could have been so much more. I LOVED Kiddy Grade, and to date its one of my favorite anime series of all time (Top 10), however, KG-and just barely manages to be a cheap knock-off.

It COULD have distinguished itself, but that memory loss arc was ridiculous. (And would have worked better if they'd used the OTHER girl. >_<)

:( But I like Tsunderes...

I used to, too. But at some point, between Asu no Yoichi and some other harem-ish series, I got tired of girls who were incapable of simply expressing their emotions like adults. Or even like freaking TEENAGERS. Basically, tsunderes are pushing their crushes into the sand. >_<

Isn't that what Kuriko was for?

That was the joke. :anime: That's any sane person's response to being confronted with a typical tsundere.

Also, isn't this the anime that had the guy split into like a bunch of clones at the very end?

It is. And I'll take that over the "I love you all!" ending any day. I'd prefer a realistic romance, but why would that be in a harem anyway?

Nice post!!
Hmm. My favorite harem anime are probably the first series of El Hazard and the first series of Comic Party. I'm not sure these really count as traditional harem shows since both series have a very clearly defined "main girl," with the other girls as side-attractions.

Comic Party has Taishi, though, and El Hazard has Jinnai... :anime:

Nice post!!
B Gata H Kei is so great. I think the most realistic romance depiction I've ever seen in an anime is Kare Kano.

The relationship in Comic Party is really sweet, too, since the couple's conflict is over exactly one thing that's resolved by the show's end.

Kamen Rider Meta
B Gata H Kei is so great.
Holy crap! We agree on an anime! (oh wait, we both thought Frontier sucked :p).

Would anyone consider Evangelion harem-ish? Cause that had an incredibly satisfying ending!
cause they have no choice! Get it!? It's an apocalypse joke *rimshot*

Hmm. My favorite harem anime are probably the first series of El Hazard and the first series of Comic Party. I'm not sure these really count as traditional harem shows since both series have a very clearly defined "main girl," with the other girls as side-attractions.

Comic Party has Taishi, though, and El Hazard has Jinnai... :anime:

I've yet to sit through Comic Party, but does El Hazard qualify as a harem? I've never heard it described that way before.

We agree on an anime! (oh wait, we both thought Frontier sucked ).

STILL an auto-fail.

Does B Gata H Kei qualify as a harem? I'm clearly missing something, 'cause I thought that first episode was, well...terrible.