Yes, there will be spoilers in this thread.

In your opinion, what is the saddest moments that happened in any tokusatsu series. This can include American adaptation series like Power Rangers.

Here are mine.

Megaranger: The episode near the finale where the Megaranger's identities were discovered. They were kicked out of school, and their classmates who once considered them friends supported them. That flashback scene they had in that school really added emotion with Eighteen Eighteen playing in the background. Afterwards, they must spend the whole series living in a warehouse. I loved the scene after that episode where they're shopping for groceries and Mega Pink runs out crying after the kid's mother she was helping sees her.

Timeranger: The ending was very sad. If the ending to Time Force made you cry, you will be flooding your whole house with tears. The whole four people from the future leaving Tatsuya was even more sad than when the four people left Wes in Time Force. Not to mention that he can't see the sixth hero either because he got killed. The credit scene may not be flashbacks with the extended (but not full) ending, but it was by far one of the saddest (if not the saddest) final episode credit sequence. From the beginning where he saids in his thoughts that he will return to his family's company once he lives his life for Naoto to passing people who look like his friends from the future while Mirai no Yukue plays in the background. He even sees a Naoto look alike.

Abaranger: The episode where Abare Killer dies, outside of the cheesy parts like the whole dino guts killing the part of the main villain that still lives inside Abare Killer.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Not gonna lie, TimeRanger's ending was really, really, tear jerking. I guess there is a reason why Nagai Masaru became a successful actor because of it, because when him and Yuuri were confessing their true feelings, that just pulls at your strings. Naoto's death, along with the respective departure of each of the members was sad. Bittersweet ending for sure, you never really have 4/5 of the team disappear and have the 6th die. Definitely agree with you there.

I also admit, that I found Philip's death in Double really sad. Watching Kiriyama now, it's hard to believe he was Shotaro just 2 years ago :laugh:, but man, Renn had manly tears and so did Masaki. I always loved Shotaro's monologue's and his monologue at the end of that episode was moving.

I have a gut feeling that OOO's ending will make me cry :laugh:

MagiFanboy
While the Timeranger ending was rather sad, it was hampered for me by how rushed it was, the time portal just magically appearing and snatching everyone up because that's what the plot said had to happen.

For me though, my saddest moment was the ending to Kamen Rider Ryuki; Yui convincing Shirou to let her stay dead, he joins her, and we see how everything was made all better, all the suffering and senseless loss of the Rider War undone, and all it took was for two innocent children to die. The scene of their grandmother all alone in her cafe is what clinches it.

A close runner-up to that would be episode 41 of Goseiger; sure, on average that show was...well, average, but when they did the stock "monster who doesn't want to fight but the heroes have to kill it anyway and it is very sad" episode, it really was incredibly sad.

There's also the part in Magiranger where Kai finds out that Wolzard is his long lost father, and he spends the whole episode struggling with his feelings, trying to figure out and make sense of the whole damn thing, and ultimately begs his father, tears down his cheeks, to turn back to normal and come back to him so that his memories of his father will be more than just his memories of fighting Wolzard. That was a pretty well done moment in my opinion.

PARTY HARD
For me, nothing else in Tokusatsu has made me cry more than Kamen Rider W, episode 48.

The "final battle", and Shotaro fulfills Philip's request and rescues Wakana, and the two of them transform into W one last time, knowing full well that it was going to be Philip's last transformation. The part that got me in that episode was when CycloneJokerXtreme's Joker-half placed his hand on the XTreme Memory, they showed Shotaro and Philip, side by side, and Philip was laughing it off while Shotaro tried his best to "pull the plug" and trying not to cry. Then the Cyclone-half placed his hand on the Joker-half, and Shotaro started to break down, and the XTreme Memory "closed" and was pulled off. And after all that, after toughing it out better than Shotaro, Philip began to cry as he began to fade away.

The part of that entire scene that really got me was that the B-side of Cyclone Effect's single, the Cyclone Effect Acoustic Edit, was playing the entire time. There aren't a lot of B-sides used from the singles in the shows except Journey through the Decade's Classic Edit, and that and C.E.Aco. are the most prominent ones.

I liked Renn Kiriyama and Masaki Suda even more as actors because of that scene, where they actually had so much emotion to the point that they were really crying.

Continuing the Creddie legacy
Liveman epsiode 31 takes the cake for me, because of Vega Baby and Junichi. when Vega Baby was conceived, Junichi rejected him and was sad that he didn't look like his "mom".

When Vega Baby was kidnapped by his "dad" Vega Zuno, Junichi had a change of heart and went off to save his child. as they were getting near to each other Vega Zuno injured Vega baby and Junichi was shocked.

The part that gets sadder is when Junichi was carrying him while singing a lullaby and then he died in Junichi's back. after he was dead he still resumed the lullaby despite the baby was dead. all of these while a sad instrumental of "Live in Tomorrow!" plays in the scene.

For me, nothing else in Tokusatsu has made me cry more than Kamen Rider W, episode 48.

The "final battle", and Shotaro fulfills Philip's request and rescues Wakana, and the two of them transform into W one last time, knowing full well that it was going to be Philip's last transformation. The part that got me in that episode was when CycloneJokerXtreme's Joker-half placed his hand on the XTreme Memory, they showed Shotaro and Philip, side by side, and Philip was laughing it off while Shotaro tried his best to "pull the plug" and trying not to cry. Then the Cyclone-half placed his hand on the Joker-half, and Shotaro started to break down, and the XTreme Memory "closed" and was pulled off. And after all that, after toughing it out better than Shotaro, Philip began to cry as he began to fade away.

The part of that entire scene that really got me was that the B-side of Cyclone Effect's single, the Cyclone Effect Acoustic Edit, was playing the entire time. There aren't a lot of B-sides used from the singles in the shows except Journey through the Decade's Classic Edit, and that and C.E.Aco. are the most prominent ones.

I liked Renn Kiriyama and Masaki Suda even more as actors because of that scene, where they actually had so much emotion to the point that they were really crying.

I really wish the series had ended there, and they put episode 49 into a movie. It would have been perfect.

A lot of shows endings have me feeling bittersweet. Something Toei is generally quite great at is saying thanks and goodbye to each Sentai Team.

Not really sad, but I'm drawing a blank with this.

Lurker
The three of my saddest moments in Tokusatsu for are within the same series: Kamen Rider Den-O. Since the series overall is so goofy and lighthearted, you don't see the serious stuff coming.

3rd. Zeronos' first transformation into Zero Form, when he literally see Airi's memories of him rusting away to power up his armor.

2nd. Kintaros' goodbye on Ep-47. Out of all the goodbye's near the end of the series, Kintaros' was the strongest becasue it was unexpected, hurried, and it show reaction from the rest of the cast.

1st. The majority of episode 28. The Imagin realizing that they will disappear, Ryotaro's feeble attempts to save them, Momotaros trying to appear unconcerned, the Imagin's goodbye, the K-Taros' creation, and the realization finally sinking in on Momotaros.

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
In Dairanger when Kou was reunited with his mom only to have her taken away again.

"あぁあぁっーー…!いぃやあ…あ"
I thought that Megaranger had one of the saddest moment