When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
It's a matter of concept, no different from what's done in anime. If something is being translated to the west, there are cases where the "adaptation" has to "stand out" from the original, for whatever reason (regulations, etc). And sometimes, that doesn't work out to well. As with Dragon Knight, it had the look and feel of Ryuki, but there was enough elements in there to make it different from the original and still make it enjoyable.

One thing that irks me is that people get pissed off when it's a straight up adaptation like Power Rangers Samurai, shrieking that it has no originality to set it apart

Then they get pissed that it's an original adaptation and not straight up verbatim like it's Japanese counterpart

It should be an unspoken rule that NOBODY in charge of American adaptations should listen to the Tokusatsu fanbase

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
One thing that irks me is that people get pissed off when it's a straight up adaptation like Power Rangers Samurai, shrieking that it has no originality to set it apart

Then they get pissed that it's an original adaptation and not straight up verbatim like it's Japanese counterpart

It should be an unspoken rule that NOBODY in charge of American adaptations should listen to the Tokusatsu fanbase

You mean fanboys and purists. You can't ignore a fanbase entirely. There are smart fans and plenty I might add. Fans are the sole reason why Power Rangers has been around for so long and the fact that there are still other attempts at tokusatsu adaptations (i.e. Dragon Knight).

Power Rangers (at least to me) should be like any other adaptation. It's ok if there are changes, as long as it's enjoyable and captures the spirit of the original.

Is not impressed right now...
Tommy's a dick. Why was he shooting at Tanya and Rocky when he was already ahead of them?

I'M...IN...SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

Hi, the names Tyler Levington and I go to school at Milky Way High! It's pretty much your average high school, you got the jocks, the playboys, and the girl I have a crush on. Oh, and I'm an armored space warrior that fights monsters made from star dust!

You heard right! On the day I transferred, my first of many friends handed me a strange belt and some switches. With these devices, I become Power Rider Cosmos!

With so many switches to choose from, I'll have too many combinations to pick from!

Well, I guess it's up to me to protect the school, and keep my secret from being revealed!

This rocket's blasting off! 3,2, 1, It's Morphin' time!
Is it wrong of me to actually want to watch this?
I feel a theme song brewing in my skull..

me and my dad had a VERY interesting talk while driving. It was on the change in superheroes in America and outside. Captain America, Superman, even batman in like the 50's,60's were straight up Goodguys(yaknow, goody goody too-shoo's) did no wrong, told kids to say no to drugs n stuff, things like that. Captain America represented the morales of America, justice, kindness, honest, respect. They were heroes meant to be admired, yaknow? same could also be said about tokusatsu. Kamen Rider(as dark as it was back then) and sentai had these type of characters as well i think. Goody-goody(though showed flaws as well), respectful, justice lovin(hell yeah!!:buttrock:) and people kids admired and wished to be when they grew up. Around the 80's,90's superheroes started to go into what we call the grey area of thought, where they are heroes, but have weaknesses that hinder them. Superman with kryptonite, batman sometimes on the brink of losin his mind(who could blame him? Of course, this also happened with toku, sentai gettin more darker and kamen rider as well, showing the characters flaws. Spiderman struggling to protect his loved ones.they became characters we could relate to in a way. Small world huh:)?
I really hope that made since, or you guys got the jist of what I am sayin. If i was incorrect on somethin let me know

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
While a few of your facts are wrong, yes this is true. Superheroes were originally idealized & a little darker, until, just like all media in the 50s, 60s, they were censored and forced to be like that for a while.

It wasn't until the late 80s that the Comicbook industry, which dominated superheroes at the time, startted going under and were forced to begin new darker stories to stay afloat. When they saw how well these did, they were finally able to break away from the ratings system and start everything anew & get much more humanized characters in much darker/ sexually charged situations.

This chage, then, forced the whole genre to do a complete overhaul just to compete & that's where we are today.

But, the main reason for censorship at all is the church, which was never very powerful in Asia, so Asia never really had a very serious rating system at all, which is why they do a lot of things in their media the west would find unthinkable, as we've had a moral code forced on us for years that we've only recently begun to break free from due to rapidly changing moral standards.

If you ask me, though, I think Asia's children shows- Kamen Rider especially- is becoming less dark in recent years & is now, about, on par with 1998-2002 Power Rangers, where before, it was more like American comics/ superhero films.

"If you ask me, though, I think Asia's children shows- Kamen Rider especially- is becoming less dark in recent years & is now, about, on par with 1998-2002 Power Rangers, where before, it was more like American comics/ superhero films. "

yup, i agree..correct me again If i am wrong, but i heard there is a part of the fandom that truly believes the reason sentai seems more softer recently is because of pr. what do you think?

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Or to go along While that is possible,, there, of course, could be another reason for this entirely, and we may never know exactly why. Maybe they aren't taking their show as seriously anymore, maybe they're in a rut & maybe this was a strategic decision for a certain demographic to either target show at differant levels to boost merchandise sales, or to go along with what PR had done.

Personally, though, due to the situation in Japan & how economic they are, I'm probably leaning more towards them trying to market each similar show to a differant age group to stimulate sales in all group by having the young kids focus on Sentai, middle aged kids on Kamen Rider & Preteens on whatever they're into.