Yeah... Can someone explain to me the whole "Blade is a sequel to Dragon Knight" deal? :eyebrow:

It essentially involves the Card Motif. Back in 06-07, when the first trailer to Dragon Knight was released, I forgot who blurted it out in the first place, but Dragon Knight Season 2 should use Blade.

The problem with that was...it was essentially...let me list the metaphors...

• Putting playing cards (or credit cards) into a YugiOh deck.:sweat:
  • Digimon Tamers being a sequel to YugiOh Duel Monsters.:laugh:

The counter arguments to this were...

• -Alternative/Alternative Zero's "Advent Rouzer":redface2:
  • -Similar Attributes:

Guard Vent = Metal Trilobite, Rock Tortoise, Reflect Moth, Gel Jellyfish
Trick Vent = Gemini Zebra
Freeze Vent = Blizzard Polar Bear
Time Vent = Time Scarab
Clear Vent = Thief Chameleon

...2009...Decade came along...and then came the "War of the Card Riders"...:redface2:

• World of Ryuki: A Royal Class Undead used a Vent Buckle and entered the Mirror World

World of Blade: Ryuki's Strike Vent was used to kill a Royal Class Undead

Also, note that Dragon Knight started to air was well and it all came back. And then came the theme:

"Blade's the sequel to Dragon Knight, so ya bitches better not get uptight...SO LET'S RIDE!"

...that damn theme still haunts me to this day.:sly::shakefist

Overall, I was part of the group that didn't want Blade to be the sequel of Dragon Knight, just because I ended up loving Blade as well as its message in the series of "How far are you willing to sacrifice to save others?" While, this theme is apparent in OOOs, Blade presented it in a unique, yet awesome way and giving Blade the PR treatment or the way the Wang Brothers were doing for Dragon Knight would kind of kill it for me. Speaking of which, this applies to all Kamen Riders, in potential adaptation, always have some kind of subtle message, yet make it cool. Keith, Iga, and Van had a point, that any Kamen Rider would work in the US, its just how they execute. Dragon Knight had the right idea, it looked like Ryuki, felt like Ryuki, but in reality, it wasn't Ryuki.

Micchy Did Nothing Wrong
I'M...IN...SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

Hi, the names Tyler Levington and I go to school at Milky Way High! It's pretty much your average high school, you got the jocks, the playboys, and the girl I have a crush on. Oh, and I'm an armored space warrior that fights monsters made from star dust!

You heard right! On the day I transferred, my first of many friends handed me a strange belt and some switches. With these devices, I become Power Rider Cosmos!

With so many switches to choose from, I'll have too many combinations to pick from!

Well, I guess it's up to me to protect the school, and keep my secret from being revealed!

This rocket's blasting off! 3,2, 1, It's Morphin' time!

Chief HJU News Editor
It essentially involves the Card Motif. Back in 06-07, when the first trailer to Dragon Knight was released, I forgot who blurted it out in the first place, but Dragon Knight Season 2 should use Blade.

The problem with that was...it was essentially...let me list the metaphors...

• Putting playing cards (or credit cards) into a YugiOh deck.:sweat:
  • Digimon Tamers being a sequel to YugiOh Duel Monsters.:laugh:

The counter arguments to this were...

• -Alternative/Alternative Zero's "Advent Rouzer":redface2:
  • -Similar Attributes:

Guard Vent = Metal Trilobite, Rock Tortoise, Reflect Moth, Gel Jellyfish
Trick Vent = Gemini Zebra
Freeze Vent = Blizzard Polar Bear
Time Vent = Time Scarab
Clear Vent = Thief Chameleon

...2009...Decade came along...and then came the "War of the Card Riders"...:redface2:

• World of Ryuki: A Royal Class Undead used a Vent Buckle and entered the Mirror World

World of Blade: Ryuki's Strike Vent was used to kill a Royal Class Undead

Also, note that Dragon Knight started to air was well and it all came back. And then came the theme:

"Blade's the sequel to Dragon Knight, so ya bitches better not get uptight...SO LET'S RIDE!"

...that damn theme still haunts me to this day.:sly::shakefist

Overall, I was part of the group that didn't want Blade to be the sequel of Dragon Knight, just because I ended up loving Blade as well as its message in the series of "How far are you willing to sacrifice to save others?" While, this theme is apparent in OOOs, Blade presented it in a unique, yet awesome way and giving Blade the PR treatment or the way the Wang Brothers were doing for Dragon Knight would kind of kill it for me. Speaking of which, this applies to all Kamen Riders, in potential adaptation, always have some kind of subtle message, yet make it cool. Keith, Iga, and Van had a point, that any Kamen Rider would work in the US, its just how they execute. Dragon Knight had the right idea, it looked like Ryuki, felt like Ryuki, but in reality, it wasn't Ryuki.

Just to also reinforce the fact that production never once said it could be the squeal, it was just the fandom jumping to conclusions.

Well under 9000
I'M...IN...SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

Hi, the names Tyler Levington and I go to school at Milky Way High! It's pretty much your average high school, you got the jocks, the playboys, and the girl I have a crush on. Oh, and I'm an armored space warrior that fights monsters made from star dust!

You heard right! On the day I transferred, my first of many friends handed me a strange belt and some switches. With these devices, I become Power Rider Cosmos!

With so many switches to choose from, I'll have too many combinations to pick from!

Well, I guess it's up to me to protect the school, and keep my secret from being revealed!

This rocket's blasting off! 3,2, 1, It's Morphin' time!

AAAAAHHHH! The idea! It works so well!

[HIDE]Never gonna happen, though.[/HIDE]

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
I never got this whole "the adaptation kills theo riginal for me" deal.

HOW? The original would still exist in it's unaltered form seperate from the adaptation.
intFZ8.png

Just to also reinforce the fact that production never once said it could be the squeal, it was just the fandom jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, Steve's interview where he stated that there will be no "sequel" until the final results of Dragon Knight are in. He was also the one that gave everyone the heads up that the last few episodes will not be aired earning 4Kids the wrath of the toku community.......again.

*remembers Tiga, the intro that was sung by Seto Kaiba, and "Japanese is an extraterrestrial language"*:laugh:

I never got this whole "the adaptation kills the original for me" deal.

It's a matter of concept, no different from what's done in anime. If something is being translated to the west, there are cases where the "adaptation" has to "stand out" from the original, for whatever reason (regulations, etc). And sometimes, that doesn't work out to well. As with Dragon Knight, it had the look and feel of Ryuki, but there was enough elements in there to make it different from the original and still make it enjoyable.

Last edited: