Mad Skillz
This would be pretty awesome if it was more than just a distribution, if there's one thing Saban can do, it's give shows a heck of a lot of publicity.

Got to be honest, I've never gotten the appeal of Yu-Gi-Oh, but still glad Saban seems to be headed back in that direction.

That said, Digimon next, please?

Mad Skillz
Posting this from RB, it seems like...well it's basically Saban doing what they do best, ripping companies out of lucrative deals.

Wow, 4kids is getting completely buttfucked on this thing.

This is a straight up fire sale. Everything must go. Licences, royalties, physical property, all the way down to Avid or Protools machines used to edit the sound.

And "Seller" (IE 4kids) is left holding the transfer taxes.

I'm seeing licences for Viva Pinata and DBZ in here as well. Page 10, Sec (ddd) is the clearest statement to that effect.

Cabbage Patch, Thundercats, ... Charlie Chan... Yu-Gi-Oh is the big one, but... this isn't a licence tranfer, this is a buyout. 4kids looks to be unloading pretty much their entire library, or at least everything with related toy brands.

Page 36 sec 8.2 is particularly depressing. Purchaser has the option to hire on personnel related to the licences, but is not required to. They could vacate the entire team bar none if they so chose.

I stand by my initial assessment. 4kids is getting buttfucked on this.

Judging by the language and the repeated mention of bankruptcy court, I can only assume that this is directly tied to those proceedings.

I'm the one who posted that on RB. The reason I didn't here is because I would have been double posting, which is against the rules.

It does have some eerie similarities to when Saban Entertainment sold off their library to Disney. Biggest difference is When Disney got them, they paid a hell of a lot more and only had two viable properties in Power Rangers and Digimon, And Saban is getting a lot of properties that have toy lines are are still pretty popular.

Now, count up your crimes!
I highly doubt that they'll go back and redub past series mostly because of marketing and Konami need the current series to advertise their new ****. So yeah. :redface2:

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
The final nail in 4Kids' coffin. They lost their cash cow.

R.I.P. 4Kids Entertainment.

I predicted their demise in 2012. Looks like I was right.