Saban Moon is finally found! that rejected American Remake of Sailor moon is not a lost media anymore!

No Spoilers
Staff member
Saban Moon started as an urban legend that people didn’t know existed.  There was an American Remake of Sailor Moon most of us didn’t know existed. Toonmakers presented the pilot they made to Fox Kids, which is a hybrid live-action-animation show. People thought it was a hoax, but it’s real.
Back in 1993, Saban tried to pitch making an American remake of Sailor Moon. The pilot didn’t get greenlit
Sailor Moon still became a hit in America after the Canadian company DiC released an English-dubbed version of the anime instead. People called this Failed American remake “Saban Moon”.  Saban is the company that turned Super Sentai into Power Rangers.
No one believed it was real when it was first talked about on the internet until a decade ago. A live audience of a convention decades ago got a chance to see the intro.
The majority of fans think that this pilot’s rejection was due to its poor...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I am Alive!
I didn't know there is an American remake and it looks awful. LOL Why Sailor Mercury is in a Wheelchair and a ginger? Why Sailor Mars have the same hairstyle as Mercury? It is so bad but I can't stop watching.

Somewhere in the multiverse, Saban Moon was approved to become a real series, but the American audience never get to see the Anime version.

I still can't believe today is here; in 2015, I desperately sought out Saban Moon video and came up empty. A few good points, in my opinion. The first person of color and the first person using a wheelchair to be a Sailor Senshi. These space gliders are pretty neat, too. That is what we mean when we talk about diversity.

This is brilliant in every way. Imagine this finding after years of storage in the Library of Congress. What else is out there waiting to be discovered? Raven deserves phrase for her diligent work on this documentary. It's amazing in a true sense. Although I do not think highly of the remake, I was blown away by the documentary that led to its discovery.

It never occurred to me that there was a complete episode. A decade ago, I saw a video of what looks like a pitch meeting, complete with clips and a guy who never stops laughing. After scrapping the material, it should have been burned. This deserves the rejection! Burn it with fire!

Ray Mona's determination to find Saban Moon is inspiring. She never gave up despite of all the roadblocks.

If this got greenlit, It will take longer for Anime to be mainstream in the US because all Anime would have gotten Anime remake instead.

Wow they look ugly but with its cult following now. Maybe it is time to greenlit it.

Resident of Bandora's Palace
If this Pilot got Picked up, Anime would have remind underground in the US much longer because Hollywood production will choose to remake Anime instead of dubbing and subtitling it in English. So I am glad this was not picked up. It was not as bad as I expected though.