S.I.C. Kiwami is a 4†action figure line based on the design of the original Super Imaginative Chogokin series. The line first made its debut in early 2009 with Kamen Rider Hibiki, and has since been providing collectors with an economic alternative to the more costly original S.I.C. figures.

Much of the details from the original are replicated in miniature scale, including the use of clear parts for those iconic Kamen Rider eyes. The figures generally retail for little more than 1,000 Y, and are a fantastic option for those who are on a tight budget.

I’ve been looking to get a feel of the Kiwami series since its debut, but seeing as the characters released are always duplicates of what we’ve already seen /own in its original 7†glory, I’ve brushed it aside all this time. But considering that I missed out on the 2007 S.I.C. Classics re-issue of Kamen Rider Blade, King Form seemed like the perfect opportunity to finally make the dive.

Needless to say, the level of detail that can be seen on a figure of this scale and price point is amazing. Especially if you put things into perspective and compare it with what you get with American action figures of the same scale/price.

The accessories include 2 swords, the Blay Rouzer and King Rouzer, and a pair of hands for holding the weapons. The King Rouzer can be mounted onto the back of the figure.

The sculpt work is immensely impressive, with symbols of 12 distinct creatures sculpted across the body of armour. Lots of shadowing has also been brushed onto the armour to produce a weathered effect, and a wash has been applied, capturing all the little detail that runs along the armour’s crevasses.

The left eye appears to be slightly larger than the right for some reason, but at least it’s got a nice shine to it.

The weapons are only fully painted on one side. But is not a deal breaker, given the overall level of detail throughout and the price it retails for. Remember when weapons used to be just a piece of doughy grey plastic?

The shoulder armour cannot be lifted up, and thus restricts the arm movement a little. The leg and waist articulation however, appears to be quite flexible.

The figure appears natural posed in various beast-like crouches, which brings forth the whole “Super Imaginative†ideal.

Being able to appear naturally posed is also a sign of good articulation design on an action figure.

Its light weight gives the figure a big advantage in maintaining some of the poses you wouldn’t dare try with regular S.I.C. figures without a stand.

One of my favourite things about the Kiwami figures is that it does a very good job of standing stylishly with its legs close together.

One of the bigger let downs is that the hands’ grip on the weapon is very loose. Something as simple as this shouldn’t be a luxury that is available only to more expensive figures. But on the plus side, there is no die-cast to weigh the wrist down.

Double Rouzer, twice as intimidating.

Another benefit to come from Kiwami’s light weight; is that you don’t have to worry about the figure toppling over in a difficult pose when it is supported by a stand.

S.I.C. Kiwami’s Kamen Rider Blade (King Form) is a handsomely detailed figure, that I would say is worthy of its title as a King. While some may be annoyed by the fact that the weapons are not fully painted on both sides, do remember that it retails for only 1,200 Y, and is luxuriously detailed throughout in both sculpt and paint application. My only complaint is that it could have come with a pair of fists as well as a much sturdier grip on its weapons.

These Kiwami guys are wonderful to look at, and really are the perfect desktop toys. They take up very little space, and you don’t have to be too precious when handling them. Leave the regular S.I.C.s in the display cabinet, and go all out fiddling around with these guys. King Form gets two thumbs up from me.

ヒビキラッ☆
One-sided paint job on the Blay & King Rousers is indeed dissapointing, but I hope they improve the shoulder armor problem on their next installment :(

A.K.A. NipponHero!
Love the review! How did you get the pictures to look so fantastic?! :O_O:

AND LOL KEITH YOUR AVATAR IS THE MOST LEGIT PIECE OF HENSHIN WIN EVER.:thumbs:

One-sided paint job on the Blay & King Rousers is indeed dissapointing, but I hope they improve the shoulder armor problem on their next installment :(

I don't have the original S.I.C. Blade, but I wonder if it's because of the original design. Because Den-O, which was an older release had movable shoulder blades.

Love the review! How did you get the pictures to look so fantastic?! :O_O:
:

Just two desk lamps and some tracing paper. :p Thanks guys.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men

From what I saw of the pictures of the 7'' Knight figure they did, I don't think this is the only time they've been a little sloppy with the paint job

Also, excellent review Kev ;3

I bought this the other day on eBay before knowing anything about it,
after reading this, I'm so glad I did!