To be honest, it’s been a while since I looked forward to a S.I.C. release so much, that my opinion of the line had started to waver. But with the surprise release of Dark Kiva being a regular item, Bandai and Ando has once again brought on their A-game to re-instil hope in old fans.

From the moment that I untangled this baby from its bondage of twisty wires, I already had a good gauge of my opinion on this piece; this is the best to have come out of S.I.C. line since the release of Apollogeist. The overall aesthetic of the piece is simply immaculate; I daresay it is pretty much perfect.

The metallic red paint job is well polished and a sight to behold, with little to no imperfections. The blue panel lines are subtle this time round, and helps accentuate the detail of the piece where necessary. The gunmetal/steel colours used on the figure also does well to give off a very convincing look; despite that the primary use of die-cast is located only on the feet and the knees. Overall, it just exudes this indescribable beauty that transcends what is expected of a toy.

For a 5,500 Y S.I.C. double pack, the accessories included are quite plentiful. The figure comes with several variations of Kivat the 2nd, and an assortment of weapons that defines the 3 individuals who once transformed into Dark Kiva. This includes the ‘Zanvat Sword’ used by the 86 King, Taiga’s ‘Jacorder’, and Otoya’s ‘Bloody Rose’ violin.

The torso design of Dark Kiva is amazingly detailed, with a generous use of clear parts on the chest piece to give it that extra layering. The panel markings are not something to overlook either when admiring the figure, because the attention to detail is simply breathtaking. The jewels positioned beneath the chest plate are also recreated in translucent green parts for a more exquisite look.

The compound eyes are made to be very clear and lustrous this time, and this is an area where S.I.C. figures are unable to deliver consistently. But when it does, it certainly bumps the figure up a few levels. I must also comment that the particular shade of teal used on Dark Kiva’s eyes is very well chosen; as I can understand that it’s not an easy colour to recreate, considering that it isn’t very commonly used.

The articulation and design of the cape is another winning factor of this item, which adds tremendous play-value to the figure. Regardless of whether you have it billowing in the wind, or flowing casually down its back, it certainly plays a part in making Dark Kiva an instant eye-catcher amongst your display.

The fuestles are individually removable just like the S.I.C. release of Kiva, and again, the representation of the Dark Kivat Belt is very impressive in its integrated use of clear parts coupled with a very detailed metallic paint job.

The Zanvat Sword can be held single handed, or gripped comfortably with both hands.

Great hip articulation allows for accurate re-enactment of signature poses.

The assortment of accessories may not come with a lot of gimmicks, but in partnership with the great design of its cape, it literally is able to provide hours of fun. And if you have a stand compatible with the S.I.C. figures, go crazy with it!

Dark Kiva of S.I.C. Vol. 54 is definitely a highly recommended pick. It’s been standing (or floating) proudly on my desktop since the day I’ve opened it, and I just can’t get enough of it. Not only is it an impressive action figure to boot, but it’s also one of those S.I.C. pieces that breaks down the boundaries between toy and sculpture, a piece that would perhaps even impress the non-collectors. If you’re familiar with Spawn or McFarlane Toys, don’t be afraid to grab one of its diorama pieces and mix & match for a killer display, because they really do compliment one another.

Writing the review for Ixa as of right now, but it's quite late. So it'll probably be up sometime tomorrow.

あたりまえ
Your Ixa review in chinese is pretty awesome too :thumbs: