I have been wondering the same thing. I love the Gamera that came out and I was hoping more kaiju from his series would be on the horizon, or maybe some Toho Showa stuff.

D

Dr Kain

I actually want Kiryu Goji and SOS Mothra over anyone else right now, but my next three would be any version of Anguirus, King Ceasar, and then Showa MechaG. I also want them to either do a Final Wars or 56 Rodan.

New 'spitfire' version of 2014 Godzilla coming out, it has blue spines to simulate the charge effect and a blue blast effect. Also comes with a MUTO head.

I actually want Kiryu Goji and SOS Mothra over anyone else right now, but my next three would be any version of Anguirus, King Ceasar, and then Showa MechaG. I also want them to either do a Final Wars or 56 Rodan.

yes agreed, King Ceaser would be a most welcome addition to the collection.

I don't get why Tamashii won't do more Showa stuff for Godzilla but they always make Showa stuff for Ultraman and Kamen Rider?

R

raden238

Are there even any new releases this year? Besides three new variants of past figures - Godzilla 2014, 2000 and Mecha King Ghidorah, they haven't announced anything new. I hope the line isn't ending and they finish the Millennium series and go to Showa.

Gamera came out in January. Also, can't really be helped... their attempt to expand into non-Godzilla monsters didn't really do that well (AvP), so support for the line might not be as high as it had been in the past internally.

D

Dr Kain

Gamera came out in January. Also, can't really be helped... their attempt to expand into non-Godzilla monsters didn't really do that well (AvP), so support for the line might not be as high as it had been in the past internally.

But we aren't talking about new lines, we are talking about Godzilla.

Are there even any new releases this year? Besides three new variants of past figures - Godzilla 2014, 2000 and Mecha King Ghidorah, they haven't announced anything new. I hope the line isn't ending and they finish the Millennium series and go to Showa.

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. May is a repaint. July is a repaint. Aug is a fucking reissue of a figure that is not even a year old yet. And is plentiful at every retailer.

I don't get why Tamashii won't do more Showa stuff for Godzilla but they always make Showa stuff for Ultraman and Kamen Rider?

Because the 64 Godzilla did not sell well, which is bullshit because they gyped him to begin with.

I don't get why G64 didn't sell when it's the most popular Showa design?

I don't get why G64 didn't sell when it's the most popular Showa design?

Mostly because he was overpriced and puny compared to the other figures. Also, his humongous gap in his spines was a very big turn-off for a lot of people. If they had lowered the price a tiny bit, scaled him up to be the same height as the Heisei scale, and fixed the gap in his spines, I think it would have sold far better.