SLICE
Actually on the subject of scale, Burning Godzilla was notably bigger than regular Godzilla, so the size upping fits.

Yo Soy Henshin!
Actually on the subject of scale, Burning Godzilla was notably bigger than regular Godzilla, so the size upping fits.
I've been laughing because the Toho Kingdom forums are ablaze with arguments over his scale. For considering themselves experts, a lot of the people there are very ill-informed on their Godzilla knowledge. I've read in multiple officially published works that the suit was made larger to accomodate the lights and whatnot, and from a story perspective he was supposed to have gotten larger due to the nuclear radiation overloading causing his mass to increase.

I got my notification on Wednesday, and he shipped out that very afternoon.

As for the size thing I know the suit was a bit bulkier, but I doubt it was that much larger. As for a story reason I don't know.... Destoroyah's final form is supposed to be 120 meters and he positively towers over Godzilla. Also, separate official stats do not exist for Burning Godzilla. So it's safe to assume he's the same size canonically.

Trust me... half the time I spend on Toho Kingdom is spent trying to calm people down. I got nothing on this size change. Personally I see it as a good thing. He's large enough to tangle with Golza and Gomora now, lol.

Last edited:
Shyni
S.H. Monsterarts Burning Godzilla review:

http://importingmonsters.blogspot.com/2012/12/review-sh-monsterarts-godzilla-1995_2.html

Got this guy in yesterday AM. Gotta say I love him, though he's more in scale with Ultra-Act figures than his own line... :O_O:
Well, they're only in scale if you consider them representations of people in costumes. Heisei Godzilla is supposed to be around 100 meters, but the back of Ultra-Act boxes say that Ultramen are in the 40-60 range. Godzilla would have to completely tower over Ultraman to really be in scale. (of course, if a crossover ever happens, I imagine they'd be around the same height anyway).

SLICE
I just chalk any Ultraman's size up to relativity.

Especially those like Seven who can control how big or small they are.

Well, they're only in scale if you consider them representations of people in costumes. Heisei Godzilla is supposed to be around 100 meters, but the back of Ultra-Act boxes say that Ultramen are in the 40-60 range. Godzilla would have to completely tower over Ultraman to really be in scale. (of course, if a crossover ever happens, I imagine they'd be around the same height anyway).
Yeah suit height is what I was going for, lol. Showa Godzilla scales in around 50 meters so those figures would naturally fit with the Ultra-Acts. Monsters like Gigan and Black King would be around the same height too... going by official stats.

Yo Soy Henshin!
Yeah suit height is what I was going for, lol. Showa Godzilla scales in around 50 meters so those figures would naturally fit with the Ultra-Acts. Monsters like Gigan and Black King would be around the same height too... going by official stats.
I've been very curious as to how they would handle scale down the road. I personally would like them to adjust everything to one height scale. By that I mean Heisei Godzilla is around 6 inches tall. Just make Showa Godzilla the same height, and make all the Showa monsters to that same scale. I love some of the old Showa designs, but a Godzilla display would be terrible if I had half my monsters in it only come up to his waist.

Yeah I'm sure they'll all be six-seven inch scale. I agree that it would be ridiculous for the Showa monsters to be 3 inches tall, lol.

悪を断つ剣
SHMA King Kong:

http://tendoutoys.blogspot.hk/2012/12/bandai-shmonsterarts-king-kong-announced.html

TTSHMAKK.jpg

This one is looking awesome! Scheduled to be release in April 2013!