Status
Not open for further replies.
U know what why dont u take off ur shirt and I give u 1000 yen; enough said.

You Got The TOUCH!
They're expensive? Honestly they're only about ¥1000 more than most retail price Figuarts. It's more for us since we have to pay shipping plus middleman fees.

Creating a budget and prioritizing (I don't do either by the way.) helps too. It's not that hard.

sometimes 10-15 dollars can make or break your bank account easily, especially in this economically harsh era. Buying exclusive is doable, yes. But you have cut tons of corners just to do so. I've only gotten 3 exclusive figures so far, and boy I had to do some hell of a planning for that.

Also, admitting not budgetting and prioritizing and saying it's not that hard seems... weird. Just sayin.

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
All I can say is, Shuki is a rich guy.

"Training."
Opened New Den-o Trilogy Ver.

Best. Sculpting. Ever.

Well, for now. :)

I would buy all of the Den-o forms just because the base mould is so good. In fact, its just a torso, helmet and colour swap and you get another form. Bandai will easily make all the Den-o forms in a short time. I really hope Wing Form and Super/Climax Form won't be exclusives.

aka Steel A. Jeeg
sometimes 10-15 dollars can make or break your bank account easily, especially in this economically harsh era. Buying exclusive is doable, yes. But you have cut tons of corners just to do so. I've only gotten 3 exclusive figures so far, and boy I had to do some hell of a planning for that.

Also, admitting not budgetting and prioritizing and saying it's not that hard seems... weird. Just sayin.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Now I'm by no means a light spender myself, but I've had to cut some corners recently. There have been A LOT of exclusives, and I really need to decide which are more appealing to me. But even with that, I'm looking at a pretty hefty AmiAmi bill. But I know my budget for the month, and I knew that if I cut out any other out-of-budget expenses for April, I could squeeze by with a big order (plus a week grace period to pay that bill, another pay check never hurt anybody!)

And like I said, i have a pretty good job all things considered. I'm not knocking anyone, I'm just saying... the best advice isn't "Spend a lot, and worry about it later! Except don't worry about it!"
Instead, just think of it like this:
Exclusives are fun, along with the hobby as a whole. But they're just toys. They'll be there tomorrow, next month, even a year from now. If you have to stress yourself over something that's meant to be fun, it might not be worth it in the long run.

Yeah, I missed out on some neat exclusives because I had to budget for other things, but that doesn't mean I'll never have them. And the ones I do have a pretty nice!

Â¥1000 is a lot, for most people, though. You're talking $45 as opposed to $33 for ONE figure. Granted, it's not a necessity, but given the economic climate we're in right now, that can make or break the decision for some people. I have a pretty good job, but between bills, gas, living expenses for me and my daughter, etc... sometimes I really have to decide how important a figure is to me. So prioritizing is DEFINITELY important to collecting.

Case in point: I passed on both OOO combo sets. Last year, I would have jumped on these without hesitation. But the HUGE increase in price over the W two-packs, and the absolute swarm of exclusives released lately, made me think twice about them. And, in the end, Clay Doll and Crystal Skull seemed way more appealing.
In the end it's not too bad when you can combine shippings of multiple exclusive figures as opposed to buying them monthly from shops and having them shipped off each month. This is just how I deal with the price raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.