Status
Not open for further replies.
In Justice, We Trust!
So how exactly do people ever afford exclusives? Are they really this expensive if you're living in Japan too or just because most of us have to get them imported and special ordered?

Prioritizing helps somewhat.

is The Underground Toy Reviewer
So how exactly do people ever afford exclusives? Are they really this expensive if you're living in Japan too or just because most of us have to get them imported and special ordered?

They're expensive? Honestly they're only about ¥1000 more than most retail price Figuarts. It's more for us since we have to pay shipping plus middleman fees.

Creating a budget and prioritizing (I don't do either by the way.) helps too. It's not that hard.

I pretty much end up prioritizing figuarts over anything else but this isn't hard for me as action figures have always been something I've liked over any other thing I could buy as a kid. But I do end up buying DX rider items and other things that catch my eye here and there.

They're expensive? Honestly they're only about ¥1000 more than most retail price Figuarts. It's more for us since we have to pay shipping plus middleman fees.

Creating a budget and prioritizing (I don't do either by the way.) helps too. It's not that hard.

does the youtube partnership cover most of your spendings? just curious :laugh:

Does anyone honestly know the difference between the 3 Decade versions Figuarts has released? (Standard, Passion Form, Violent Emotion). It can't be something as simple as changes to the eyes..can it?

now Nerd Emperor
Does anyone honestly know the difference between the 3 Decade versions Figuarts has released? (Standard, Passion Form, Violent Emotion). It can't be something as simple as changes to the eyes..can it?

Passion and Violent Form are the same, just differently named, aren't they?

The shades of magenta are slightly different, IIRC. But I gave the revised Decade head from Violent Emotion to the old Decade and I think it looks fine. The difference isn't that big.

And yes, Passion and Violent are the same.

Don't get two figuarts you don't want, and instead divert that money into the exclusive you really, really want. Problem is that if you want an exclusive, you can't half-ass it. Gotta be balls deep. Gotta be willing to give up some money for it.

aka Steel A. Jeeg

Â¥1000 is a lot, for most people, though. You're talking $45 as opposed to $33 for ONE figure. Granted, it's not a necessity, but given the economic climate we're in right now, that can make or break the decision for some people. I have a pretty good job, but between bills, gas, living expenses for me and my daughter, etc... sometimes I really have to decide how important a figure is to me. So prioritizing is DEFINITELY important to collecting.

Case in point: I passed on both OOO combo sets. Last year, I would have jumped on these without hesitation. But the HUGE increase in price over the W two-packs, and the absolute swarm of exclusives released lately, made me think twice about them. And, in the end, Clay Doll and Crystal Skull seemed way more appealing.

Wagana wa HENTAI GEIST!
Â¥1000 is a lot, for most people, though. You're talking $45 as opposed to $33 for ONE figure. Granted, it's not a necessity, but given the economic climate we're in right now, that can make or break the decision for some people. I have a pretty good job, but between bills, gas, living expenses for me and my daughter, etc... sometimes I really have to decide how important a figure is to me. So prioritizing is DEFINITELY important to collecting.

Very well said bro :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.