S.H.Figuarts - News and Reviews

K

KamenRiderBritannia

I do not buy any Batman figure where the cape doesn't go over the shoulders. Batman just isn't batman with a pansy cape like that.

And that is 100% of why I don't like Batman's design in either Injustice of MKvDC.

erm....the cape clearly goes over the shoulders.......look at the pics posted a few posts ago

Kaido

Eh, it's a Batman figure made by Bandai under their Figuarts line.

It could be neon pink and it might still be an instant purchase for me. :anime:

Anyway, the pictures look great and there are tons of different interpretations of Bats and this is just another interpretation - one that looks pretty cool too.

For myself, I haven't been able to get into the Fruity Riders of late at all.

Clocktower

I do not buy any Batman figure where the cape doesn't go over the shoulders. Batman just isn't batman with a pansy cape like that.

And that is 100% of why I don't like Batman's design in either Injustice of MKvDC.

I assume you mean completely covering his shoulders, so he could wrap himself up in it? His Injustice design does allow for that, he just usually has it flicked back in the game, since he needs to be punching and such a lot. I guess this is one disadvantage of not having a cloth cape on the figure.

UfkccTy.jpg

i honestly do not see what your prob with the Injustice designs is. i mean unless someone actually told me it was from Injustice (be it by word of mouth or it being on the packaging) id have just thought "Yep thats batman!" and but it on my shelf. Its unmisyakably batman and joker. Thats all i need.

I thought some of the designs looked a little odd in the game, but they work really well as action figures. And yeah, maybe it's because I'm not super into the Batman universe, but if I wasn't told this was Injustice, I could have easily mistaken it for any other Batman. His masked head even gives it a very Batman Beyond vibe.

5BSyqbh.jpg

1tbfau7.jpg
W44oJuA.jpg

Kaido

OMG, I can't wait to get these! Batman's cape detaches so he can be more Rider like? Looks incredible! And arguably the best Joker outside of 1/6th scale I have ever seen.

K

KamenRiderBritannia

OMG, I can't wait to get these! Batman's cape detaches so he can be more Rider like? Looks incredible! And arguably the best Joker outside of 1/6th scale I have ever seen.

detaches for the sake of packaging more likely

sinzz

Orange
Seeing batman capeless actually makes me want to get the figure. I am not a fan of plastic capes, : shakes fists at bandai :

Kaido

Nice Batman Figuarts pictorial up now at Shishioh.info :)

I got the Medicom 1/6th TDKR Batman a couple of months ago, a solid release, and had told my wife that was the last Batman figure I would ever need... Boy, did I lie! There seem to be some worthy Bat figures out recently, including TAS Batman and Mezco's Dark Knight Returns figures.

Unfortunately the LCS is selling their last TAS Batman and Catwoman for $35 each. My hotness for them has dialed back a bit since the Figuarts has been released. I will put the money instead towards more Injustice & DBZ Figuarts. Gotta save up for those Avengers too, maybe even start collecting Star Wars! Some Injustice Figuarts Zero figures would be pretty awesome.

God, I hope they don't make too many exclusives, but I guess they will... damn it Bandai!

Jedah Crow

Dull Brilliance
Unfortunately the LCS is selling their last TAS Batman and Catwoman for $35 each. My hotness for them has dialed back a bit since the Figuarts has been released. I will put the money instead towards more Injustice & DBZ Figuarts. Gotta save up for those Avengers too, maybe even start collecting Star Wars! Some Injustice Figuarts Zero figures would be pretty awesome.

$35 for TAS Batman and Catwoman? That's a rip-off. They just came out in the past two weeks and any LCS can still re-order them with no problem. I got mine for $20. You can still get them online for $20-$25.

Personally I'm not interested in Injustice, Avengers, Star Wars or any other western property Figuarts. There's no shortage of quality action figures for these brands. I just don't feel the need to spend Figuarts prices for them especially when I already have a dozen other Batman figures I'm perfectly happy with.

Even Figuarts ZERO of DC & Marvel characters wouldn't hold much appeal for me because Kotobukiya already has that covered with their ArtFX+ line. Figuarts ZERO would be close to the same price but would also be much smaller.

I'd rather Bandai keep their focus on Japanese properties for that reason.

Jedah Crow

Dull Brilliance
Got my pre-orders in for Kamen Rider Drive and Figuarts ZERO Yuki Mori. I'm holding off on Tuxedo Mask as I plan on going the Bluefin route with him.

Quite a few re-issues went up for pre-order today as well. Sailor Mars, Cure Dream, Son Gohan and the most surprising to me, Fourze Elek States.

Dr Kain

i honestly do not see what your prob with the Injustice designs is. i mean unless someone actually told me it was from Injustice (be it by word of mouth or it being on the packaging) id have just thought "Yep thats batman!" and but it on my shelf. Its unmisyakably batman and joker. Thats all i need.

Because I am still not a fan of it. In fact, I prefer the Neil Adams look with the yellow insignia.

Got my pre-orders in for Kamen Rider Drive and Figuarts ZERO Yuki Mori. I'm holding off on Tuxedo Mask as I plan on going the Bluefin route with him.

Quite a few re-issues went up for pre-order today as well. Sailor Mars, Cure Dream, Son Gohan and the most surprising to me, Fourze Elek States.

I actually got an AmiAmi preorder for a change, Drive. I'll just wait until BF releases Gohan. Did not know Tuxedo Mask went up though, but again, I'll just wait for BF.

Amon

Does anyone know when NY has Drive up for pre-order? I stay up all night and they never updated their site for a pre-order of him.

K

KamenRiderBritannia

Well I've resorted to preordering drive from HLJ. Wonder what my chances of actually getting it are :/

Clocktower

Personally I'm not interested in Injustice, Avengers, Star Wars or any other western property Figuarts. There's no shortage of quality action figures for these brands. I just don't feel the need to spend Figuarts prices for them especially when I already have a dozen other Batman figures I'm perfectly happy with.

Can't say I agree with you there. I was very excited for the Black Series Star Wars figures before they were released, they turned out to be very disappointing, cheaply made with almost no articulation. The Marvel Legends stuff doesn't fair much better. I'm very happy to see Figuarts/Figma versions of some of my favourite characters.

Actar

Otaku University Student
Just got Kiwami Arms and it's frustrating to see that he only comes with only his DJ Gun and Musou Saber. I'm not getting figures of the other Riders just for their weapons and I can't use the weapons of the Riders that I have on display. Using the AC weapons is an option, but the paint and detail just pales in comparison. Really wish they'd release a weapon set for him.

K

KamenRiderBritannia

Just got Kiwami Arms and it's frustrating to see that he only comes with only his DJ Gun and Musou Saber. I'm not getting figures of the other Riders just for their weapons and I can't use the weapons of the Riders that I have on display. Using the AC weapons is an option, but the paint and detail just pales in comparison. Really wish they'd release a weapon set for him.

hows his chest plate after the pic posted a link to a little while back?

Actar

Otaku University Student
hows his chest plate after the pic posted a link to a little while back?

Mine's actually fine. There's no creases but there are noticeable line breaks and folds in the sticker to allow it to fit seamlessly over the curved chest. Wished they had just painted it...

Kaido

Can't say I agree with you there. I was very excited for the Black Series Star Wars figures before they were released, they turned out to be very disappointing, cheaply made with almost no articulation. The Marvel Legends stuff doesn't fair much better. I'm very happy to see Figuarts/Figma versions of some of my favourite characters.

I agree with Clocktower. But I agree about Figuarts prices, they are disgustingly high these days and I still remember back when they were more affordable. And the pricier web exclusives, that still bothers me a lot, but at least it's helped me cut back and just get the figures I really want instead of going all out and becoming a completist.