S.H.Figuarts - News and Reviews

D

Dr Kain

Don't think they'll ever reissue SSJ3 since he was a web shop exclusive. Maybe as a variant at a show is possible. Kid Buu would be awesome.

THey could just do a renewal, but hell, I'll take a manga colored one (especially since I prefer the manga to the anime).

Gold Samurai

A late leak since it had a "NO PHOTO" tag

S.H. Figuarts Kabutack Super Mode & S.H. Figuarts Janperson

Tamashii-Nations-Kabutack-Janperson.jpg

GPAnthony

THey could just do a renewal, but hell, I'll take a manga colored one (especially since I prefer the manga to the anime).

That would actually be pretty cool. I do wonder if they just want to use that new line with Kuuga, Kabuto and Hibiki for Kamen Rider only... it'd be nice to see them give DBZ or one of the other properties the Super High Level treatment (though I've heard Hibiki isn't quite as High Level as he could be.)

Kaido

I'd rather have Jedi Luke.

BTW, that is not Goku's body.

I was referring to the grown up Gohan figure.

Vegeto looks like a rehash of at least 80% of the Gokou body too. SSJ3 definitely has the same body as well. Btw, the hair on that figure is solid plastic, making it really top heavy and nearly impossible to pose without a stand.

Those Figuarts Zero EX figures look nice too, but I prefer the Figuarts Zero size.

GPAnthony

Thinking on the controversy regarding the "no toku" part of that NYCC Bluefin interview, I wonder if that could be the attitude of Tamashii in general moving forward? I mean, they've already done the majority of the Kamen Rider figures and I believe Shinkocchou is only going to be doing main Riders or really popular characters. And they just announced a slew of Metal Hero, Kikaider and Space Sheriff figures, so maybe they're trying to blow through the rest of their Toku figs to make way for other types of characters? (Of course, still a ton of Sentai left, though).

Just a thought.

Clocktower

They make too much money from Kamen Rider, it's still by far their best selling property and while they've done most of the riders at this point, a lot of them are very old. Agito, Faiz, Decade, Double and OOO could all do with renewals and that's not even looking at alternate forms or other riders from those shows or Kabuto, Hibiki and Kuuga.

Plus even the likes of Fourze and Wizard could be improved with a Shinkocchou version.

IZORx10

Random question, has anyone heard anything about a Sailor Pluto in the works. I know the little pink girl and Tuxedo Mask were two of the newest ones announced and they've done all the other sailors already so I figured Pluto would be coming soon

Jedah Crow

Dull Brilliance
Nothing on Pluto yet. Though I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the Sailor Moon Figuarts continue to do well, they'll get to her eventually.

I think she's just going to be the last one because she had the least amount of screen time.

Jedah Crow

Dull Brilliance
They make too much money from Kamen Rider, it's still by far their best selling property and while they've done most of the riders at this point, a lot of them are very old. Agito, Faiz, Decade, Double and OOO could all do with renewals and that's not even looking at alternate forms or other riders from those shows or Kabuto, Hibiki and Kuuga.

Plus even the likes of Fourze and Wizard could be improved with a Shinkocchou version.

I actually think the Fourze figure is just fine but I really want to see a renewal for Wizard & Beast.

There's still plenty of potential Figuarts left even without resorting to renewals.

Kamen Riders J, G3-Mild, Orga, Wild Chalice, Glaive, Larc, Lance, Hibiki Kurenai, Armed Hibiki, Ibuki, Todoroki,Zanki, Shuki, Kabuki, Tohki, Habataki, Kirameki, Nishiki, all the other lesser Oni Riders, all the Kabuto Rider's Masked Forms, Den-O Plat Form, Zeronos Vega Form, Kiva and all his forms, Saga, Arc, Rey, G, Goldara, Silvara, Poseidon, Aqua, the various versions of Mage, Sorcerer, Fifteen, and a bunch of various forms for the Gaim Riders.

As for non-Riders. There's still the Decade versions of Tackle and Apollo Geist. Also V1, Teddy, the Arms Monsters, Joker Undead (plus Albino Joker Undead as an easy recolor), the rest of the Contract Mirror Monsters, the Orphenoch Trio and Wolf Orphenoch.

And some of the villains I think may get Figuarts someday. Kumo Otoko, Komori Otoko, Colonel Zol, Doctor Shinigami, Ambassador Hell, Black Shogun, Scissors Jaguar, Turtle Bazooka, Doktor G, General Shadow, Jack Shogun, Gatezone, Doras, Arc Orphenoch, Spider Undead, Scorpio Worm, Utopia Dopant, Gremlin Phantom and the Invess Overlords.

Plus everyone's bikes. And if Rideron and Trideron actually sell well, I think there would be hope for a RevolGarry.

The only problem is at least 3/4's of these would be exclusives.

GPAnthony

We'll I'm sure Kamen Rider will forever be a Figuarts staple and Shinkocchou will probably do all the main Riders... Dunno about secondaries or other forms though, sine it seems like it takes them a while for those. But non-Rider toku is what I'm talking about,Bandai may be splurging on those right now to clear them off the slate so they can focus on the more world famous properties... Perhaps the US web shop is a way for them to sell Avengers and Star Wars Figuarts without disturbing Hasbro's rights on them?

D

Dr Kain

Nothing on Pluto yet. Though I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the Sailor Moon Figuarts continue to do well, they'll get to her eventually.

I think she's just going to be the last one because she had the least amount of screen time.

Pluto has to be soon as one of my friends found a rumor about the Starlights being sculpted for Figuarts. There is no way in hell Bandai would do the Starlights without giving us Pluto first.

GPAnthony

Pluto has to be soon as one of my friends found a rumor about the Starlights being sculpted for Figuarts. There is no way in hell Bandai would do the Starlights without giving us Pluto first.

What about the Super Inner Scouts?

Shinkocchou is the special line created for Hibiki and the renewals of Kabuto and Kuuga. It's supposed to have a higher standard for articulation and detail than normal Figuarts. It is interesting to note that the Black, Black RX, and Shadow Moon renewals don't fall under this category... so they'll probably get another renewal in that line in a few years.

Amon

It would be nice if they do other figures for the Shinkocchou line. Like for Super Sentai, DBZ and a few others. I feel like Rider figuarts only need renewals if they really need it, or other wise Tamashii is running out of ideas for Rider figuarts when there other riders that need to be made into figuarts.

I don't think Shadowmoon needed a renewal when the original figure is already fine on it's own. Black and Black RX don't need to be renewal again in the future, just reissue them again in the future instead. If it's not broken then don't fix it.

It's hard to judge which is better when the Figma hasn't been painted. The Figuarts version does look great and she'd fit in better with all the other magical girls I currently have. But their female characters often don't look quite as good as the prototypes indicate and they tend to have more engineering problems than Figma stuff.

The painted version of the Figma Cardcaptor Sakura is up now on their site, and I'm torn. They both look great. I'm very surprised to say it looks like the Figma version wins the accessories race; isn't that what Figuarts is supposed to do best?

I was very impressed with Figuarts Elizabeth, but much less so with Sailor Moon. I definitely want a Sakura figure, but I'm not picking up both. The Figuarts version is less expensive. They both come with a largely-not-articulated Kero-chan in different adorable poses.

(I also LOVE that this is my difficult choice. I'd been hoping for an adult-collector CCS, and now, we're offered three!)

Clocktower

The painted version of the Figma Cardcaptor Sakura is up now on their site, and I'm torn. They both look great. I'm very surprised to say it looks like the Figma version wins the accessories race; isn't that what Figuarts is supposed to do best?

I was very impressed with Figuarts Elizabeth, but much less so with Sailor Moon. I definitely want a Sakura figure, but I'm not picking up both. The Figuarts version is less expensive. They both come with a largely-not-articulated Kero-chan in different adorable poses.

(I also LOVE that this is my difficult choice. I'd been hoping for an adult-collector CCS, and now, we're offered three!)

The Figma version is definitely more detailed and perhaps more accurate to the manga, but as an anime fan, I much prefer how the Figuarts version looks. I'm also slightly concerned by the fact the Figma seems to have been rushed out at an usually fast pace to compete with the SHF.

I'm going to go with the Figuarts for this one and if it turns out Figma is just a lot better, I can still buy the schoolgirl version of her and Tomoyo later. If not, I can stick with Figuarts and add them to my Sailor Moon and Precure collection.

Also, the star wand the Figma comes with is a Goodsmile exclusive. Don't expect to get that if you're buying from Big Bad Toystore or anywhere.

Actar

Otaku University Student
The Figma version is definitely more detailed and perhaps more accurate to the manga, but as an anime fan, I much prefer how the Figuarts version looks. I'm also slightly concerned by the fact the Figma seems to have been rushed out at an usually fast pace to compete with the SHF.

I'm going to go with the Figuarts for this one and if it turns out Figma is just a lot better, I can still buy the schoolgirl version of her and Tomoyo later. If not, I can stick with Figuarts and add them to my Sailor Moon and Precure collection.

Also, the star wand the Figma comes with is a Goodsmile exclusive. Don't expect to get that if you're buying from Big Bad Toystore or anywhere.

Only the charm is an exclusive. All versions come with the Star Wand accessory.

Compared to the anime, I'd argue that the figma is more accurate.

[hide]
Comparison_zps7c2e5310.jpg
[/hide]

Clocktower

I won't argue about this endlessly, I do think there's something to be said for both versions, but it does seem a bit like you went out of your way to find the one promo shot that maches the Figma look there :laugh:

Dyd9fXr.jpg

Actar

Otaku University Student
I won't argue about this endlessly, I do think there's something to be said for both versions, but it does seem a bit like you went out of your way to find the one promo shot that maches the Figma look there :laugh:

Nah, I'm not that hardworking. That was like the first image of her in that dress that turned up on Google image search. (^.^) Also, with your example, the figma one isn't posed in the same way, so we can't use that as a fair comparison either. (^o^)

Well, we'll just have to wait for both figures to come out before we can come to a final conclusion.