Yo Soy Henshin!
Actually, as pointed out, and this applies to ALL American footage in season 1 as well, the suit was meant to be a woman. Same with, I believe, Zyu2.

So no, majority of Yellow Ranger MMPR is female.
He's talking about the in-suit footage. Yes, Trini was the yellow ranger. But the footage of the yellow ranger was still a male in a suit. It never looked highly like a female was wearing it. So in-universe, yes it was a woman in a suit. But as far as screen accuracy goes, having a male bodied figure is more correct.

Last edited:
SLICE
He's talking about the in-suit footage. Yes, Trini was the yellow ranger. But the footage of the yellow ranger was still a male in a suit. It never looked highly like a female was wearing it. So in-universe, yes it was a woman in a suit. But as far as screen accuracy goes, having a male bodied figure is more correct.

No, it's not.

There is more footage of a female Yellow Ranger than there is a male.

Why?

MMPR lasted three seasons. Seasons 2 and 3 were almost ENTIRELY original footage, and the grand total amount of that has far more Female Yellow than the stock footage that had male.

Add in the original footage, rare as it was, from season 1 where it was also a female Yellow due to being PLAYED by Trini, there is no contest and trying to argue that the AMerican Yellow Ranger should be male is really illogical.

D

Dr Kain

Female or not, Tiger Ranger is a male!!! Bluefind should have at least given us the option by at least offering Boi in limited quantities.

Anyway:

BattleHoper201_zps686a37c7.jpg

BattleHoper204_zps2a55703a-1.jpg

SLICE
Why?

Blue Fin isn't selling Zyurangers.

They're selling the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Yellow Ranger is a girl.

Tiger Ranger is a guy-he's sold in Japan.

Sucks, but sorry. That's how it works.

Or, for another explanation, Bluefin sees more money in selling the female Yellow Ranger as opposed to the male. And considering how fans have been reacting, with mostly either indifference or excitement and a vocal minority of people complaining because they want the Zyurangers and not the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, I'd say that, business-wise, they made the correct choice.

Besides, there are some facts to consider:
1, Bluefin has been selling all of the Zyuranger figures, plus Kiba Ranger as the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers because more western fans know them as Power Rangers than Zyurangers.
2, As more western fans know them as Power Rangers, by extension, more fans know the Yellow Ranger as female.
3, This shows that Bluefin actually has some power to make western exclusive ideas happen besides rebranded boxes (whether its a sticker with the western title on the Megaman boxes or an outright new box is irrelevant)
4, Armored Black Ranger, anyone?

Last edited:
Yo Soy Henshin!
No, it's not.

There is more footage of a female Yellow Ranger than there is a male.

Why?

MMPR lasted three seasons. Seasons 2 and 3 were almost ENTIRELY original footage, and the grand total amount of that has far more Female Yellow than the stock footage that had male.

Add in the original footage, rare as it was, from season 1 where it was also a female Yellow due to being PLAYED by Trini, there is no contest and trying to argue that the AMerican Yellow Ranger should be male is really illogical.
There is literally zero footage of the yellow ranger ever being portrayed by a female. Even in the Zyu2 footage that was filmed, it was a man in the suit. He was simply directed to act more feminine.

The only actor to ever actually perform any stunts in costume during the first three seasons was Jason David Frank, so your argument there is incorrect as well.

Now, I'm not saying I have a problem with the female release. I personally had to make the tough choice to go with the Japanese release on this one, because I am more into Super Sentai nowadays, but the nostalgia in me was REALLY wanting to get the U.S. release. I completely understand why the releases were done in the way they are.

Last edited:
Or, for another explanation, Bluefin sees more money in selling the female Yellow Ranger as opposed to the male. And considering how fans have been reacting, with mostly either indifference or excitement and a vocal minority of people complaining because they want the Zyurangers and not the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, I'd say that, business-wise, they made the correct choice.

Besides, there are some facts to consider:
1, Bluefin has been selling all of the Zyuranger figures, plus Kiba Ranger as the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers because more western fans know them as Power Rangers than Zyurangers.
2, As more western fans know them as Power Rangers, by extension, more fans know the Yellow Ranger as female.
3, This shows that Bluefin actually has some power to make western exclusive ideas happen besides rebranded boxes (whether its a sticker with the western title on the Megaman boxes or an outright new box is irrelevant)
4, Armored Black Ranger, anyone?

Western exclusive is a bit of a loaded term. It's not like they're created an entirely new figure here or something that anybody in Japan will care about, it's a very basic repaint for the most popular PR show. Conversely, the Thunder Rangers that are coming out in the US soon, still have "Gouraigers" written on the front of the box with a Ninja Storm sticker underneath. I think that's perhaps the best example of how they're going to treat any character that isn't from MMPR.

Still, I'm sure armed Black will happen and probably even metallic repaints. I'm just happy to have the Zyuranger team completed, hopefully we can move onto something else now.

Anybody find a place to preorder the male yellow ranger yet ? Had no luck so far. Already checked Bigbadtoystore, HLJ, and AmiAmi (And i refuse to do eBay.). Thanks.