SUPER ROYAL ACE
Hey guys. This is gonna be my first post on these forums as well as my first review of anything tokusatsu related, so please go easy on me! Also, I took these pictures as soon as I got the figure, and as I'm on a homestay in Japan at the moment, I don't have background to work with. I also apologize for the quality of some of the pictures. This is also, unfortunately, the only Kamen Rider figure that I own, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. My knowledge about the Figuarts toyline is based purely on other reviews.

Anyway this is the much-anticipated S.H. Figuarts Decade, in all his pink and black glory. As my trip to Japan coincided nicely with the release of this figure, I managed to pick it up last Sunday, a mere four days after its official release (would have gotten it on release, but Nagasaki seems to be a bit behind in shipping inventory).

But anyway, here's his packaging, front and back.

6528_135733491638_747461638_3176600_6863907_n.jpg

Front

6528_135733506638_747461638_3176602_2976769_n.jpg

Back

6528_135733501638_747461638_3176601_857619_n.jpg

Front close-up​

Not much to say about the packaging. It's standard Figuarts figure packaging... except pink. That's really what made it stand out for me. Other than that, it's pretty typical, but still, nicely done no matter what the color.

Now for the figure itself.
6528_135733521638_747461638_3176604_5174705_n.jpg

"Comes with everything you see here!"

6528_135735976638_747461638_3176686_3884236_n.jpg

Full front view

Views all around (click for larger view)

Right off the bat, it looks fantastic. The figure is extremely detailed, right down to the translucent green eyes (though I still wonder how Tsukasa sees through those). Probably the only detail that's missing is the Rider emblems on the DecaDriver, but that can be more than easily looked over.

The only gripe I have with the figure's appearance is that the pink is a bit too light. It's more of a purplish-pink in the show; closer to magenta than anything else. The figure's pink is like... bubble gum pink. It's less appealing to look at than the magenta color in the show. This is probably the biggest beef I have with the figure overall, but still, it's not that big of a deal. (which says a lot about the other gripes I have!) If you try not to notice it, then it won't bother you.

The figure comes with a full sheet of cutout Heisei Kamen Ride cards, as well as the back of Decade-brand Attack/Kamen Ride cards. There's two of each card included, in case you lose some. He also comes with all three modes of the Ride Booker: default Ride Booker, blaster mode, and sword mode. Finally, there's the obligatory interchangeable hands; in Decade's case, there's the closed fists (attached to Decade already), the open-yet-not-completely-opened hands, hands made for grasping the included weapons, and hands made for holding the cutout cards.

Showing off the various hands and accessories
(I am too lazy to cut out those cards so I probably never will)

The Ride Bookers don't have the Decade logo on them, but whatever. Additionally, the Ride Booker in its default folder mode can open! Unfortunately, there's no slots in it for the cutout cards. Bummer.

I'm pretty happy with the accessories, though I wish they could have included one more pair: full open palm. That would have been nice. But yeah, I'm happy with them. The included cards is a nice consideration, even though I'm never gonna use them personally.

Now for articulation. Like previous Figuarts figures, it's fantastic.
Neck
-360 degree swivel
-Slight up and down bend
Shoulders/Arms
-Slight movement up and down in arm socket
-Ball joint shoulder
-Shoulder plate moves up and down to accommodate poses
-360 degree swivel elbow
-Hinged elbows
-Circular wrist movement
-360 degree wrist swivel
Torso
-Upper torso has slight circular articulation
-Same with waist
Legs
-Ball joint at pelvis
-360 degree leg swivel
-Hinged knees
-360 degree swivel ankles
-Vertical and horizontal hinged ankles
-Vertical hinged toes

Only a video can do the articulation justice, really. But it's great, and makes for some great poses.

Overall, I'm really happy with this figure. Great detail and appearance, great articulation. The accessories are good. Of course, it has some minor flaws but they barely detract from the quality of the figure. It's perfect for any fan of Decade, and perfect for just figure collectors in general.

And since I've met the 20-photo limit for posts, here's the rest of the images I have for this figure.
"wtf, man?"
Decade aiming
Introspective Tsukasa
a la... Kamen Rider W? (at least, that's what this pose reminds me of)
Thinks he's the shizz when he really... is.

Here's the video review on the figure: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5x1usG7PtU[/ame]

Anyway, that's it. Thanks for reading!

Edit: SOMETHING TO NOTE: Some of the adornments on Decade's helmet (I'm not sure what to call them... are they supposed to be cards? The holographic things that fly into his head when he henshins and then become solid) have a tendency to become a bit loose. This shouldn't really pose a problem; just please don't wiggle them around too much, or else the eyes might fall off.

Last edited:

DSP

Lurker
Awesome review man, very informative, you should do more with future releases, this was really useful, now I can't wait for my decade to arrive XD

I Like Cute Girls!
great review man~! can you open or turn the decadriver?

SUPER ROYAL ACE
Awesome review man, very informative, you should do more with future releases, this was really useful, now I can't wait for my decade to arrive XD

Thank you! Unfortunately opportunities to get items from Japan are rare, as I rarely have enough money to shop online... and even if I did, online shopping is a problem for me as I don't really have any methods to do it with. But if I ever happen to get my hands on anything in the future, I'll be sure to review it.

great review man~! can you open or turn the decadriver?

Unfortunately, no, you can't.

Ugh you loser. Having Decade before me! Nicely done though. 8]
The only gripe I have with the figure's appearance is that the pink is a bit too light. It's more of a purplish-pink in the show; closer to magenta than anything else.
Well he is technically magenta according to the net movies. To go with Diend's Cyan.

Yes, I can draw
So, all we need are two Riders for Decade that are Yellow and Black respectively, and we have a full ink cartridge set for a new HP printer.

Nice review btw, i think i'll put Decade on my list of Figuarts to get.

SUPER ROYAL ACE
Hey guys, just thought I'd mention that I've finished the video review of this figure. Not really much new from the text review except that you can see the articulation and such. Check it out: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5x1usG7PtU[/ame]