Ryuki Reviews: Chalice Arrow

Typically, I can't say I would have done something of that nature... primarily because reviewing properly isn't something I really do a lot of... but alas, a request in the "Show Us Your Henshin" thread has prompted me to do this.

Without any further ado, I welcome you to the one... and most likely, only review piece that I'll find myself doing.

For anyone who doesn't know, which is highly unlikely, the Chalice Arrow was the first weapon used by Kamen Rider Chalice in the Rider show, Kamen Rider Blade. With the polite introduction out of the way, it's time for story to begin.

ChaliceArrowBox.jpg

The Chalice Arrow box is very similiar to that of the DX Blaybuckle, when compared for size. Both are the same height and the arrow carries a little bit more in the length department [Oi, Oi.] The most distinctive difference between the two is the lack of window showing the behind of a card. Whilst it is clearly displayed on the box, you can't actually see the presence of the cards without opening.

ChaliceArrowFace.jpg

ChaliceArrowBack.jpg

The Chalice Arrow has a limited number of uses when you don't have the rouzer but it still makes for a pretty decent toy. When the black handle is pulled back, both sides of the CA retract, getting ready for firing. If you have batteries, a noise is made to indicate such a thing. As small as it may appear, within the first picture of the Chalice Arrow is the trigger of the weapon. Unfortunately [or maybe not], the trigger is not the complete bar, instead it is just the middle button. When you press that, the sides open up and a noise is made to indicate the release of fire [as heard per Chalice in Kamen Rider Blade].

If you insert the Rouzer into the Chalice Arrow, another sound will play, this one resembling the insertion of the device. Whilst I didn't have a such a thing on my side of the pond, a tap of a small triggering device did the same job.

When fully extended, the Chalice Arrow measures almost 25 inches (63cm).

ChaliceDistructions.jpg

The instructions for the item are pretty straight forward... even if, like me, you don't really understand a lick of Japanese. Next to no assembly is required... so there really isn't any need for them. Why did I take a picture then? I don't know, perhaps to fill up some space? :\

ChaliceCards.jpg

... and finally, here are the three cards that come with the Chalice Arrow. Unfortunately, I don't have the facilities to use any of them so I don't know what happens when the cards are swiped through. It's a shame... but oh well, I neglected to buy all of the equipment. :(

In closing, I hope this review has been... alright. Like I said up top, this really isn't my field of speciality... in fact, it isn't even a field that I've stepped into before. If it hasn't helped you in any way, I apologize... and if advice could be offered, I would appreciate a PM. :)

Thank you for reading,
Ryuki.

I am the law
Only advice I can offer is to get the Chalice Belt...so you can then Rouse the cards :D

-RF

Nice review, I'd like to get a Chalice arrow to go with my belt, but I'm just to lazy to get.

Eye See You
Looks pretty good. I still wish Bandai would make the DX weapons alot bigger like the Dragon Dagger & Saba toys back in the day. :bawling:

Life is showtime
I've been telling him to get the Buckle but he won't order something that's like $90 and is only DX but I told him to get it only to put on the Arrow and not to wear it. XD

I am the law
I might know of a place where one could pick it up for $40 US (not including shipping) ;)

-RF

I am the law
I haven't bought it or own it....I just know where to get it! *cough* japan-toys.com *cough*

Now I've never used or ordered anything from that site, so I don't know how good they are, but I've also never heard any complaints about them either.

-RF

Rider Faiz said:
I haven't bought it or own it....I just know where to get it! *cough* japan-toys.com *cough*

Now I've never used or ordered anything from that site, so I don't know how good they are, but I've also never heard any complaints about them either.

-RF

I live near their warehouse. My friend already sent in his info for an account so hopefully I'll be getting stuff from them soon. They just restocked on Blade's rouse yay!