Lurker
looking into re-watching this week and try and go thru it
and i was thinking where because Kamen Rider Gaim has allot of riders and has a rider war involving in the plot with that in mind how similar do you all think
it is similar to Kamen Rider Ryuki?????????????????????

It's not similar to Ryuki. The tone is lighter, and the Rider War isn't exactly the main theme of Gaim. (at least, we're 6 eps in, and no one has died). The riders aren't seeking to kill anyone, they haven't been promised a prize, and most importantly, no one is vexed.

I'm not sure what the main theme IS yet, but it seems to mostly be about people's images of self-betterment/self-empowerment.

So far, it is in the realm of Kabuto...it's comedic but there is some mystery and drama.

I wonder how it will turn out when Ryugen will choose to either fight or align with Zangetsu. Most likely the brothers might fight.

So far the key moments are...

The Search for Ryuuya (which might be dropped from plot eventually)
The Secret of the Hillheim Forest
Mai's Double Identities
The "War" that took place in the past and are they close to repeating it.
The relationship between Ryugen and Zangetsu

Despite being a rival, not that much is happening with Baron IMHO.

Oh and based off the opening...

...is that the "real" Kota?

It's not similar to Ryuki. The tone is lighter, and the Rider War isn't exactly the main theme of Gaim. (at least, we're 6 eps in, and no one has died). The riders aren't seeking to kill anyone, they haven't been promised a prize, and most importantly, no one is vexed.

I'm not sure what the main theme IS yet, but it seems to mostly be about people's images of self-betterment/self-empowerment.

The Riders see this war as a game. To see who's the best dance group. However Kouta is the only one who realizes how dangerous it is after his encounter with Takatora. And now with Alfonso, that reality is going to hit them hard. Where as Ryuki, all the Riders knew what they got themselves into and have no problem trying to kill each other to get that wish.

Last edited:
Now Demonic
Not particularly, the reasons you stated were pretty superficial. You could say Decade is too similar to Ryuki because it had alot of riders and a Rider War. Of course it wasn't, there was more too it then that. Just like there is more too it than that in Gaim. I'm not saying the simliarities aren't there, but there's more too it then those similarities.

Budou though
The Search for Ryuuya (which might be dropped from plot eventually)

Ryuuya? who's that?

on topic though, IMO the only similarities between gaim and ryuki is the amount of riders for the show. everything else is different.

Ryuuya? who's that?

on topic though, IMO the only similarities between gaim and ryuki is the amount of riders for the show. everything else is different.

What he actually meant is "Yuya Sumii" the missing leader of Team Gaim.

Eenymeenyminymo
Gaim is just like Ryuki! It has two male characters and one female character who is looking for her brother! And the riders are secret and no one knows who they are! They're being chosen by a mysterious man who pretty much seems to be a ghost... and the female's missing brother!

No... wait a minute. Nope, nope. Sorry. Gaim AT PRESENT has no more resemblance to Ryuki than it has to any of the other Heisei Rider series. They got these people who use these belts to transfer into rider armor. A few of these belts have gone astray and ended up with people who are fools. What is Sid up to? He is an agent to get the belts out, but Alfonso got one rather than the idiot Sid handed it to. Did he know that was going to happen? Muahah. So far everyone knows who each rider is, except of course they don't know about big brother. Everyone knows about the monsters, except they don't seem aware that these things are actually dangerous. Really. Putting dynamite in the hands of volatile twits?

So, it really intrigues me! I'm enjoying the progress!