Mad Skillz
[hide]Something called the "Power Spot" opened up and was slowly growing in size, eventually it was going to cause a cataclysmic explosion. Jamanga would have been regenerated and the world would be in chaos. GekiRyuKen, GouRyuGun and ZanRyuJin ended up sacrificing themselves to seal the power spot.[/hide]

Awesome. No others words for the finale but awesome. How many other series can kill off the big bad two episodes from the finale and still make it so the series doesn't seem stretched out for the last two episodes? None. The ending was great, sure they could have spread it out over more than one episode, but I'm glad they didn't. The way it played out was perfect, not much fighting, just give our heroes time to reflect on the past year and losing their partners. Sacrifices had to be made or otherwise the Jamanga would always have the power spot open as a door into our world and the explosion would have grave consequences for the human world. The three Ryu partners knew what they had to do and they did it.

All the relationships that needed to be fulfilled were fulfilled, there were really no unresolved stories. Hats off to the writers, this is what tokusatsu finales should always be like. They left a slight door open for a new series, but at the same time we learned and saw everything we needed to through the eyes of our heroes. I loved the final roll call with them as humans, it really makes you think that, even though they've lost their partners, their spirits still live on in their memories and they'll still be doing what they can to help the world.

Ryukendo started off as a rather hit and miss series, more misses than hits. Things slowly came together though, it became more than just a toy commercial. We saw Kenji learning control his power, Fudou learning to accept having other partners and Koichi learning to accept that humanity isn't a waste and that things aren't always what they seem to be. At first, I groaned a little bit when Koichi made his first appearance. He seemed like just another anti-hero with an emo story, but he was used great, his character was mysterious and you really felt for him when his parents' fate was revealed. I saw it coming from a mile away that his parents weren't killed, but even still, it was genuinely touching and entertaining, I have to give massive credit to the actors on that one.

Kenji was an entertaining hot head at first and matured into a responsible warrior. This is one of the few times that I've seen that done so good, again, you have to give the actors massive credit. Kenji's actor is someone that fit both roles great. Fudou was the stubborn old guy that had a chip on his shoulder, Hell, anyone would if they had to compete with a little girl for their powers. It was really nice to see Kenji make him open up and learn to trust others a little more.

I've never seen a show change quite as much as Ryukendo has. It started out like a massive wacky toy commercial, but the mood of the series changed as the plots and characters grew and in the end, it was an amazing ride. The suits, the music, the enemies, the cast, all of it was great. Ryukendo was definitely my favorite series of 2006 and it's sure as heck climbed its way into my top ten favorite toku.

It really does suck that we won't be getting a second series. I'd love nothing more than to visit these characters again and see a new generation of Madan Senshi fight a new evil. The ratings couldn't have been all that great if they're getting replaced by Beast Wars reruns, but oh well, it wasn't canceled like so many other series would have with its ratings and that makes me glad. Nothing was rushed and that's all that matters. Hopefully Takara will come back to this world again one day, or at least continue making toku, they're great at it. Farewell to one of the most entertaining series I've ever seen.

Lurker
[hide]Something called the "Power Spot" opened up and was slowly growing in size, eventually it was going to cause a cataclysmic explosion. Jamanga would have been regenerated and the world would be in chaos. GekiRyuKen, GouRyuGun and ZanRyuJin ended up sacrificing themselves to seal the power spot.[/hide]

Awesome. No others words for the finale but awesome. How many other series can kill off the big bad two episodes from the finale and still make it so the series doesn't seem stretched out for the last two episodes? None. The ending was great, sure they could have spread it out over more than one episode, but I'm glad they didn't. The way it played out was perfect, not much fighting, just give our heroes time to reflect on the past year and losing their partners. Sacrifices had to be made or otherwise the Jamanga would always have the power spot open as a door into our world and the explosion would have grave consequences for the human world. The three Ryu partners knew what they had to do and they did it.

All the relationships that needed to be fulfilled were fulfilled, there were really no unresolved stories. Hats off to the writers, this is what tokusatsu finales should always be like. They left a slight door open for a new series, but at the same time we learned and saw everything we needed to through the eyes of our heroes. I loved the final roll call with them as humans, it really makes you think that, even though they've lost their partners, their spirits still live on in their memories and they'll still be doing what they can to help the world.

Ryukendo started off as a rather hit and miss series, more misses than hits. Things slowly came together though, it became more than just a toy commercial. We saw Kenji learning control his power, Fudou learning to accept having other partners and Koichi learning to accept that humanity isn't a waste and that things aren't always what they seem to be. At first, I groaned a little bit when Koichi made his first appearance. He seemed like just another anti-hero with an emo story, but he was used great, his character was mysterious and you really felt for him when his parents' fate was revealed. I saw it coming from a mile away that his parents weren't killed, but even still, it was genuinely touching and entertaining, I have to give massive credit to the actors on that one.

Kenji was an entertaining hot head at first and matured into a responsible warrior. This is one of the few times that I've seen that done so good, again, you have to give the actors massive credit. Kenji's actor is someone that fit both roles great. Fudou was the stubborn old guy that had a chip on his shoulder, Hell, anyone would if they had to compete with a little girl for their powers. It was really nice to see Kenji make him open up and learn to trust others a little more.

I've never seen a show change quite as much as Ryukendo has. It started out like a massive wacky toy commercial, but the mood of the series changed as the plots and characters grew and in the end, it was an amazing ride. The suits, the music, the enemies, the cast, all of it was great. Ryukendo was definitely my favorite series of 2006 and it's sure as heck climbed its way into my top ten favorite toku.

It really does suck that we won't be getting a second series. I'd love nothing more than to visit these characters again and see a new generation of Madan Senshi fight a new evil. The ratings couldn't have been all that great if they're getting replaced by Beast Wars reruns, but oh well, it wasn't canceled like so many other series would have with its ratings and that makes me glad. Nothing was rushed and that's all that matters. Hopefully Takara will come back to this world again one day, or at least continue making toku, they're great at it. Farewell to one of the most entertaining series I've ever seen.

[HIDE]they all die?[/HIDE]

It's Judgement Time!
There wont be a second Ryukendo?? ;_;

I just saw ep 30. Im so behind. I like the new opening and ending. Very cute ending, lol. Though I still say the first opening and closing were the best so far. But all the openenings and closings have been memorable in some way.

*must resist spoilers*

I cant wait until I'm caught up and can watch that finale as well. >_< It sounds like it was great.

Quickly, can someone tell me exactly what Kenji says for his original Trinity attack? I mean the whole thing, with listing the three parts of the trinity, and then saying the attack name, preferrably in both Japanese and English (I'll just take English if necessary).

It's Judgement Time!
I miss this show. even though I havent seen it all... *cmoon TV Nihon*

Eye See You
How many eps did the series last?.

I'm only at like ep 12, which I watched in early 2006 lol.

No word on a sequel?.

How many eps did the series last?.

I'm only at like ep 12, which I watched in early 2006 lol.

No word on a sequel?.

It went up to a whole 52 episodes.

And last we knew there wasn't going to be a sequel, because the toys sold much better than the DVDs did.

Eye See You
It went up to a whole 52 episodes.

And last we knew there wasn't going to be a sequel, because the toys sold much better than the DVDs did.

That ****. From what I saw I enjoyed, mainly due to the Ryuki Tribute.

Shitty.

Imagine the sequel is Faizkendo?.... It'll happen, just watch. :laugh:

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Too bad 'Madan Senki' isn't becoming a franchise on it's own, it would have been cool.

In Japan it's the tv show's producers who pays for the air time, so it's rare shows get cancelled halfway. It's also why reruns are rare.