Fear the glasses!!
GrnPsychoGarren said:
How so? Point to me an episode (besides that one where he was the focus) where he's actually focused on and given time to shine and solve the problem all on his own. Its always about Kenji. Fudou is capable but they dont write him in as such

Heh. Well, I think it depends on what you mean by him "solving the problem" on his own. He often saves Kenji's ass, that's for sure. I don't think they write Fudou off as incapable without Kenji. You gotta remember, before Kenji came along, Fudou held off all the Jamanga on his own. He is indeed, the lone wolf. Sorry, had to add that - it was begging for it.

As for specific episodes, there's a bunch, but one in particular, I'm not sure if you've seen it yet.

[HIDE](13),(16)- these two particurlarly come to mind[/HIDE]

As for episodes with a focus on Fudou, if you look at the ones that have aired, despite being Fudou-centric eps, whatever he does/needs is key for Kenji. One of the things I love about Ryukendo is how they manage to focus on both heroes at once. The writers do manage to interweave their stories together in almost every episode.

In an earlier ep ( I think it's the one where Kenji gets his Aqua Form), Fudou says, that he'll be stronger for Kenji so that Kenji will be stronger. I don't think Fudou believes himself to be a scapegoat etc at Kenji's sake.
[HIDE]One thing that I hope the writers don't sacrifice for the sake of a Third Hero is the brotherhood between Kenji and Fudou. So far, they're doing an OK job.[/HIDE]

They maybe kind of developing Fudou I've seen only up to 12 but from what I've seen he's still getting shafted in Camera time and some serious development the only thing I see is the development of his personality and his relationship with Kenji hasn't been much else so far. I really think the show focuses far to much on selling Toys and on Ryukendo, Ryugunoh needs some love.

Fear the glasses!!
Fenrir767 said:
They maybe kind of developing Fudou I've seen only up to 12 but from what I've seen he's still getting shafted in Camera time and some serious development the only thing I see is the development of his personality and his relationship with Kenji hasn't been much else so far. I really think the show focuses far to much on selling Toys and on Ryukendo, Ryugunoh needs some love.

He gets it, and then some...and I'm still o_O that you're (you and Green) are saying that he gets shafted in Camera time...I don't see how you can get Kenji/Ryukendo loving without seen Ryugunoh and how he's integral to Kenji's development.

He might as well be a side character, sure he's instrumental in Kenji's development but there's little to no development about him at all. RyuGunOh is like one of those characters you have around for awhile then kill off because he teaches the other guy everything he needs to know like Roy Fokker in Macross etc. He's supposed to be one of the main characters on the show instead he's sitting on the backseat while Kenji does all the driving. I think Fudoh is interesting and would like to see more about him rather all this focus on Kenji.

Episode 17 then:

[HIDE]I still don't 100% enjoy this show ... it just doesn't have the right feel to it. Anyway, finally we get to know a bit more about Ryuujinoh. OK, dig the whole 'wildcard' thing with him being pissed at Shot, blaming them for his parents' death, but I can smell from here already it will lead to some fighting among them, resolving this issue by finding out actually Shot is not to blame (even though the chief admits it himself) and finally joining forces to punish the real culprits: the baddies.
Might be interesting to see how the Jyamangers take advantage of this 'weakness' of Ryuujinoh.
But still, the show doesn't grab me at all :disappoin [/HIDE]

Fear the glasses!!
Hmm...Kyu, you're only on Ryu 17? Or is that all you've seen so far? Ryukendo's aired up to 21, which is kickass. I really liked it. I could post spoilers. :anime: