Would like to change his avatar
GrnPsychoGarren said:
And what Toku doesnt?

It's only been the past few years of tokusatsu that have tried, very hardly, to be a live-action anime in terms of humor and whatnot and it doesn't work and it's grating. I think Magiranger would probably be less offensive as an anime, with how hard it tries to be "funny" and colorful and over-the-top (one really bad example from Magi is when Makito was supposed to be having some sort of conflict within an internal monologue and he kept zigzagging all over the room, clutching his chest and whatnot -- that was right out of an anime and does not work with people!)

Ryukendo's not very impressive, but I don't find it as heinous as Magiranger. It gets close, but Ryukendo's bigger problem is just in how uncreative it is. I like how the show actually seems like a tokusatsu, it reminds me of one of those nice little tokusatsu shows from '96 (and perhaps would have been more welcome then), but when the air is occupied with such fluff as Magiranger, Hibiki, Sazer X, they needed to really step up to the plate and put something amazing out there.

It's Judgement Time!
Kyusaku said:
Good for you. I for one am not really enjoying a show that seems like it's written by hacky manga authors.

Personally, it sounds like you just hate the show because of the writers. You keep mentioning them.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
Personally, it sounds like you just hate the show because of the writers. You keep mentioning them.

Are you saying I have some personal vendetta on who is doing the writing to this show? I don't even know who they are. Script is the most important thing in a television show. What's wrong with bashing it? Am I suppose to be like "ZOMG THIS SHOW LOOKZ SO AWESOMES!" When I watch or read something the writing is the most important aspect to me.

Banned
Kyusaku said:
Are you saying I have some personal vendetta on who is doing the writing to this show? I don't even know who they are. Script is the most important thing in a television show. What's wrong with bashing it? Am I suppose to be like "ZOMG THIS SHOW LOOKZ SO AWESOMES!" When I watch or read something the writing is the most important aspect to me.

I have to agree with you that the script is the most important thing in a tv show ... as well as casting the write actors. Nothing wrong with criticising the writing or the acting or the characters, take a look at US daytime tv... if it weren't for the viewers' comments then we'd (the viewers) would be putting up with some of the same old' BS. And you never know if TPIC actually do keep up with what's being said and posted even on "an American" board. You just never know. ;)

It's Judgement Time!
Kyusaku said:
Script is the most important thing in a television show.

Exactly. And I see nothing wrong with the Ryukendo scripts. They are solid. Childish but you could tell from the beginning this wasnt going to be a serious drama series. It's a fun childrens show and that's how I approach it when I watch.

Kyusaku said:
What's wrong with bashing it?

Nothing. I was merely pointing out that you seem to be fixated on bashing the writer's themselves and not the writing. All you've done is point out comparisons between the concepts of this show to other shows and call the writers "hack jobs". I don't see much open minded criticism on the writing itself. Such as pacing, plot, character development, dialogue, direction, etc etc. Something I'm used to seeing from you.

Only seeing two episodes and paying attention to all the elements of the writing, I think it's good stuff. Yes there are some concepts that remind me of other shows but it's still a good show so far.

GrnPsychoGarren said:
Nothing. I was merely pointing out that you seem to be fixated on bashing the writer's themselves and not the writing. All you've done is point out comparisons between the concepts of this show to other shows and call the writers "hack jobs". I don't see much open minded criticism on the writing itself. Such as pacing, plot, character development, dialogue, direction, etc etc. Something I'm used to seeing from you.

The dialogue is very weak, extremely predictable, no originality. A lot of the jokes fall short because they don't work as well in a human physical setting than an animated one which has more flexibility. Sazer X manages to pull off some of these physical jokes as they usually use them with the insuit characters and not the actual actors. This is because actors in suits can't display emotions facially and must become animate physically with their thoughts and emotions. While Ryukendo mainly does the opposite, most of the anime-ish physical jokes are used with the actual actors. So it really comes off as kind of lame instead of funny. Because no one in the real world does such things.

Ep 5 had a decent fight between Ryukendo and Jack Moon, but...the camerawork and filming of the fight was really disappointing. It could've been much better. It had a lot of potential, but a lot of the angles and timing of the angles were really off or bad. Some of the choreography could've been better too. :disappoin This week's comedy was tolerable.

It's Judgement Time!
OMFG!! XD EPISODE 3 WAS HYSTERICAL! Im in love with Ryukendo right now. It's fucking hysterical. The fights are good the music is great.. but man. I was laughing the entire time in episode 3. The entire time almost. The humor was pricelessly hysterical. I've never laughed so hard while watching a Toku show.

I love Ryukendo right now. Everything about it is great. At least I think so. Thats what I love about shows like Sazer and Ryukendo. The comedy is hysterical sometimes. Ryukendo's though. Wow. episode 3 was a frelling RIOT.

So many great moments. So many great quotes. I had to pause and rewind two times because I was laughing too hard to keep reading the subtitles.

Theres a lot of CG action so far. But the CG's pretty good so it's not that bad. I love the villain. He makes some funny faces that crack me up.

I always liked a show that could make me laugh and care at the same time. Ryukendo is doing a great job at that. Also why Im loving Sazer-X right now. The humor is just great and it does get dramatic as well. Hopefully we'll see some nice dramatic moments in Ryukendo. But if not I'll be satisfied. Hell if the episodes keep up like this then Im going to love it more than Sentai.