Mikazuki said:
I haven't checked Winny to see if ep 2 was up, but was the special aired in place of ep 2 or ep 2 aired after it?

The special aired before ep 1, I believe. Remember, Ryukendo airs Sundays at 7:00AM. So Ep 2 can't be on winny yet it just aired not too long ago.

Banned
I saw the special, marked 00, but this was one I hadn't seen. This one is marked as SP.

Mikazuki said:
I saw the special, marked 00, but this was one I hadn't seen. This one is marked as SP.

Yeah, that was aired on TV-Aichi last week, the Chokuzen special right? TV-Tokyo aired ep 2 this week already. The Ryukendo site already has ep 3 as next ep to air.

Phew, finally got around seeing ep00 and 01.

No surprises and indeed some winks to well-known series, as Kyusaku stated ... but all in all an enjoyable ride for me: CGI or stuntwork doesn't matter for me, as long as it's done in a convincing way. It seems like a no-brainer series but I like kicking back and watching it.

Does anybody know where the egg came from that contains the daimaoo? My guess is it's connected to the stuff they unearthed in the village half a year ago in some way ...

Oh and I liked the fact they fought at Daibutsu ... brought me back some memories (uhm, except I wasn't fighting a big cockroach when i was there)

One side note: why, pray tell, do they ALWAYS have to air these series at an ungodly early or late time, when no sane person is awake? This time I didn't forget to tape ep02 but otherwise I'm often on Winny to get episodes for the simple reason I'm either not home or asleep when they air and I forget to tape it. ... crap!

kyo28 said:
Phew, finally got around seeing ep00 and 01.

No surprises and indeed some winks to well-known series, as Kyusaku stated ... but all in all an enjoyable ride for me: CGI or stuntwork doesn't matter for me, as long as it's done in a convincing way. It seems like a no-brainer series but I like kicking back and watching it.

Does anybody know where the egg came from that contains the daimaoo? My guess is it's connected to the stuff they unearthed in the village half a year ago in some way ...

Oh and I liked the fact they fought at Daibutsu ... brought me back some memories (uhm, except I wasn't fighting a big cockroach when i was there)

One side note: why, pray tell, do they ALWAYS have to air these series at an ungodly early or late time, when no sane person is awake? This time I didn't forget to tape ep02 but otherwise I'm often on Winny to get episodes for the simple reason I'm either not home or asleep when they air and I forget to tape it. ... crap!

I think it should be a note to everyone here that Kyo actually LIVES in Japan.

Yeah, and living in Japan doesn't make a big difference since most of the time when they show these series, I'm either at the office (17:00-18:30) or asleep (weekend mornings 07:00-8:30 or Garo: 02:00 at night!)

Really, you should see the crap they show during 'prime time'. Just game shows and talk shows mostly about foreign stuff or food :rolleyes:

Sorry for the OT rant :sweat:

The show isn't beyond terrible like Magi, but I do have some serious annoyances with it. Especially how generic some of the characters are. If the writing improves for this show I could probably enjoy it. But right now after seeing ep 2 my opinion of it hasn't improved much.

I can certainly agree to your point that the writing isn't ground-breaking ... in fact, it's your stereotypical hero show and I expect very to little suprises in that field.
On the other hand I kinda like the winks to other anime/toku shows and most of the action is OK.
So far I'd rate it as a medium show: not super, not ultra-bad.
There's just one thing: I can't seem to get that catchy opening theme out of head ...