Ryukendo - Talk Up! [Fansub Spoilers!!!]

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
>_< I want to see new Ryukendo darn it! It's not fair, you guys get to see everything already!

kyo28 said:
Ryuukundoh and Ryuugunoh both get attacked by an acid-spewing vulvae ... which turns out in fact to be a GIANT acid-spewing vulvae.
... this is a very disturbing series :eyebrow:

Now I REALLY have to see the new episodes...

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
Im up to episode 16 now. Great couple of episodes. I cant wait to watch more. Though Im surprised that Kenji didnt even try to use his other MaDan-Keys on the BoulderMonsterThing.

Sad to see poor Fudou shafted again. He got something to do, finally. But he's so neglected in terms of focus and development.

MaraJade

Fear the glasses!!
o_O. All I can say is...if anybody ever runs into that much of a writers/creator's/designer's block to spawn that...they just better stop writing. WTF IS that???

MaraJade

Fear the glasses!!
After watching 27 and 28...

Ryukendo...Uhm...yes, er. WHAT? I realize it's a clam...but, sheesh. It doesn't take a genius to see what ELSE it could be...major case of writers/creators/designer's block? ...I'm amazed that design passed Production. :sly:

Oh and I think I'm missing something. [HIDE]How did Fudou get his uh...whatsitcalled thing back after it got destroyed? He dissapeared, all depressed, and yeah, Kenji does say Fudou dumped me, and then all of sudden he saves Kenji's ass (again) and then becomes Magna RyuGunOh. Did I miss something?[/HIDE]

Kyusaku

So kyo28, has this series ever gotten moderately interesting? I have to say I haven't watched ANY toku since Sazer X ended.

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
Kyusaku said:
I have to say I haven't watched ANY toku since Sazer X ended.

Aw not even Kabuto? That's a pretty good series so far. It's shakey at first but man it continues to grow better and better.

Judging from poster opinions, I'm willing to bet Ryukendo is about the same at episode 28 as it was at episode 1. But maybe I'm wrong. I still love it though. There's just something about it that attracts me. It's mostly the humor of the show. The music is wonderful as well.

kyo28

Kyusaku said:
So kyo28, has this series ever gotten moderately interesting? I have to say I haven't watched ANY toku since Sazer X ended.
Honestly? No. I find the writing lacking and repetitive. It's all stuff we've seen before, but this time you just look at it as a giant toy commercial. It's upgrade after upgrade, key after key, with no real interesting plot twists. Most of the time, multi episodes plot threads are so obvious we know 10 episodes beforehand how it will eventually turn out. Actually, I don't even know why I'm still watching this, except for the fact it's a no-brainer and easy to follow when I feel a bit tired.

[Rant on] Pity Sazer-X got shafted so soon. I'm still enjoying KR Kabuto and Boukenger to some extent I must admit. Bioplanet WoO kept dragging on for the first 9 episode and FINALLY in episode 10 they succeed in moving the story along and I can FINALLY feel some affection for Ai instead of seeing her as someone who just whines the whole time. No, not much out there for now. I can't wait to get all DVD's of 宇宙からのメッセージ銀河大戦。Now THAT was a toku show, even if it dates from 1976 :buttrock: [Rant off]

Kyusaku

GrnPsychoGarren said:
Aw not even Kabuto? That's a pretty good series so far. It's shakey at first but man it continues to grow better and better.

I dunno the only character in Kabuto I liked, they shafted the episode after his premiere. Which really deterioirated my interest in it. The rest of the cast is pretty lame especially Tendou. And the fights were never too interesting. The thing that Kamen Rider lacks a lot these days is actual action chreography. I don't care about a big CGI fest. Any decent action in the show doesn't last long enough to peak my interest. And the show's premise never seemed all that interesting, to me it seems like a mixed rehash of previous series for the most part. I'm really growing tired of these convoluted plots that go mostly nowhere and end up with a bunch of plot holes that are never explained. I just want something simple again like the older days or most of the Chouseishin series.

kyo28

Kyusaku said:
I just want something simple again like the older days or most of the Chouseishin series.
Which is exactly why I've been hunting down 宇宙からのメッセージ銀河大戦
(sorry to go OT)

Kyusaku

kyo28 said:
Which is exactly why I've been hunting down 宇宙からのメッセージ銀河大戦
(sorry to go OT)

My fault too for going OT on Kabuto. So Ryukendo still has a new power every episode or new assist animal? That's crazy.

kyo28

Kyusaku said:
My fault too for going OT on Kabuto. So Ryukendo still has a new power every episode or new assist animal? That's crazy.
Yeah, that's one of the weak points of the show: overemphasis on power-up after power-up after power-up. Each power-up almost falls from the sky with no real storyline leading up to it's implementation in the show... and that makes it just hollow.

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
17 and 18 were AWESOME >_< WOO!! Sure, the story was predictable but it was entertaining to watch. I mean I think by now we all knew exactly how this would turn out. "oh he really didnt kill them he saved me! nooo!" every anime loves doing that.

19 looks really interesting, I cant wait to see it

SaikoDragon

It's Judgement Time!
19 and 20, fantastic. I cant wait to see episode 21! That kewl new villain/monster shows up! And Jackmoon returns! Hot damn!! Go Nihon Go!

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?