boogie woogie feng shui
FreedomR8G6B1 said:
I see. That's bad. I'm assume they use them in fight scenes like in Garo, as well...

That's what I don't get. If you have a capable stunt team, why get distracting with excess CGI? A lot of the stuff they use it for could be done more realistically and energetically with physical effects. Like I said before, none of these "special effects" are special anymore.

Bolt said:
That's what I don't get. If you have a capable stunt team, why get distracting with excess CGI? A lot of the stuff they use it for could be done more realistically and energetically with physical effects. Like I said before, none of these "special effects" are special anymore.

I guess they're going for that anime-esque type fight...unfortunately, they're not doing a good job...*shrugs*

This series is made by the man behind Sakura Wars, and I did spot and hear alot of anime related things. The bickering in the promo video would have worked alot better with spit bubbles and flailed arms.

I liked action that I saw in the promo though, I`m hooked on the action and the ususal Henshin elements. All I ask is that by the end of the show it will have grown into itself by then.

NinjaJack said:
I don`t care of they`re copying George Rodd`s dreams, as long as it`s copying something I liked and I loved Ryuuki and Blade wasn`t half bad.

As I've stated previously it's cloning it in terrible campy ways. I'm a big advocate for Ryuki especially it's ending, which I think was an awesome metaphor. But there seems to be minimal effort put into this show. Especially the excessive usage of CG for simple fight sequences. Can't they just hire better action choreographers and stuntmen?

NinjaJack said:
This series is made by the man behind Sakura Wars, and I did spot and hear alot of anime related things. The bickering in the promo video would have worked alot better with spit bubbles and flailed arms.

I liked action that I saw in the promo though, I`m hooked on the action and the ususal Henshin elements. All I ask is that by the end of the show it will have grown into itself by then.

The entire thing seems like it would work better as an anime. From this promo ep., the thing is sorely lacking in hand-to-hand scenes. Their first enemy traded like, two blows with RyuKenOh before knocking him aside. Which looked, I must add, very, VERY forced. In fact, the fight scene sucked. I more liked seeing RyuKenOh's alternate forms. (I take it that Lightning-looking one we saw was RyuKenOh's too.) However, as much as I like it, it sucks because that means there will be no surprises for at least the first ten episodes. One of my favorite thing about these shows is the new gadgets, after all. :laugh:

Sage Shinigami said:
The entire thing seems like it would work better as an anime. From this promo ep., the thing is sorely lacking in hand-to-hand scenes. Their first enemy traded like, two blows with RyuKenOh before knocking him aside. Which looked, I must add, very, VERY forced. In fact, the fight scene sucked. I more liked seeing RyuKenOh's alternate forms. (I take it that Lightning-looking one we saw was RyuKenOh's too.) However, as much as I like it, it sucks because that means there will be no surprises for at least the first ten episodes. One of my favorite thing about these shows is the new gadgets, after all. :laugh:

Me too, I loved Faiz, perfect gadget concept and execution. Like I said this had some anime elements, and in fact the actors are more animated than the Toei or Toho ones. But lets give the show ten eps and then we`ll know where it`s headed. And oh the HQ sucked.

Banned
Has anyone else watched the special that aired @ 6:30 with the cast being interviewed?

Mikazuki said:
Has anyone else watched the special that aired @ 6:30 with the cast being interviewed?

Just watched it, did you have any questions? I don't think it really answered anything new, anything I assumed was confirmed.

Banned
Kyusaku said:
Just watched it, did you have any questions? I don't think it really answered anything new, anything I assumed was confirmed.

I haven't checked Winny to see if ep 2 was up, but was the special aired in place of ep 2 or ep 2 aired after it?