It's Judgement Time!
Ryukendo was a surprisingly good little series. I was actually sad to see it end. Too bad there wasn't a sequel.

I'm shocked they arent doing a sequel. I really am, I mean this show seemed really good, especially for kids. The music was fantastic, the writing was great, filled with fantastic humor. Not cheap humor either, the dialog was often littered with little funny moments that just kept you amused or smiling.

The action truly rivaled Sentai and Kamen Rider. I'm sorry, but I'll even say a lot of it's action is better than Gekiranger or Boukenger. It's fast, furious, doesnt hesitate on itself, and it just gets it done. It doesnt waste time, they rush in there, slash smash and crash then finish things. And they do it with style and good music.

I'm just stunned it didn't do better in Japan. My guess is Ryukendo needed a serious plot to go over the sillyness, something to make the kids all say "wow so bad ass"

I bet if Ryukendo got adapted over here, and was treated right by the writers, it would be a good success. Just get a kick ass theme song and good writers and it can be remarkable with all the footage.

Mad Skillz
I heard the series didn't do well in Japan because it was essentially a show airing in syndication, airing as early as 6AM in some places. Even if we don't get another Ryukendo, Takara had better return to toku, they're great at it.

It's Judgement Time!
God dammit, so it was syndication problems? Dont kids get up at 6am over there? Damn them!

You know, another problem could have been the Episode Previews. I would often watch the preview for teh next episode thinking "hm, doesn't look like anything interesting. Maybe I'll resume watching tomorrow." But sure enough, once I watched it, it was a lot better than the preview actually let on.

That could have been another factor. They were very misleading, in a way. They didn't hype you up for the next episode as much as they could have.

Last edited:
I heard the series didn't do well in Japan because it was essentially a show airing in syndication, airing as early as 6AM in some places. Even if we don't get another Ryukendo, Takara had better return to toku, they're great at it.
Takara is actually behind the new Wecker series. I don't know how far their influence goes in the production, but the major part of the suit designs were actually based off of pre-existing Microman figures.

It's Judgement Time!
Just watched episode 43. Amazing, amazing episode. Just freaking fantastic. I laughed many times, I just love the intelligent humor of it all and the actors have a great chemistry. God dammit, how was this show not successful. This beats the **** out of Geki and Den-O any day. EASILY. I enjoy myself while watching Ryukendo because it's so fresh and full of life. The writers are actually good. No, it's not dark, brooding, or serious but that's why it's so lovable.

Anyway, loved the walker mech and the little romance that Kenji and Rin have going. I thought this episode really deserved some special credits at the end like they do on various episodes. I hope something happens between Kenji and Rin by the end of the series.

It's Judgement Time!
a final bump for Ryukendo. You wont be forgotten man! Just watched the final episode. It had a very soft, quiet, and reflective ending and I liked that. It wasn't all sparks, explosions, and dramatic effect. I kind of appreciated that the final episode slowed things down and got you remembering all the things that you've seen the characters go through in the series.

This is definitely a must watch Toku for the light hearted.