Rurouni Kenshin Live-action confirmed. Kenshin will be played by Sato Takeru

Peek a Boo!
Another possible reason why Sony went with Samurai X is that like most adults back in the 80's and 90's, they have this notion that anime is exclusively for kids and Rurouni Kenshin as a title of this anime will not make a good impression on kids outside Japan because they don't know what the hell Rurouni means.

You assumed that on your own, and your biting my head off because of your misinterpretation of it! Don't go blaming me because because of it!

So if let me get this straight, if I haven't mentioned anything about his humble side being as important as his serious side, you have every right to bite my head because you assumed that his serious side is what I believed he only had?

Hah!! Give me a break!! Next time try not go into any assumptions because I haven't been referring to anything you'd want to here!

I could try explaining things to you but I think this summarizes it.

5mcta0.jpg

私の占いは当たる
And confirmed.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...s/rurouni-kenshin-manga-gets-live-action-film

Sankei Sports: Rurouni Kenshin Manga Gets Live-Action Film

Kamen Rider Den-O's Takeru Satoh to star in 2012 film with Ryōmaden director Keishi Ōtomo

The Sankei Sports newspaper is reporting on Tuesday that 22-year-old actor Takeru Satoh (Kamen Rider Den-O, Ryōmaden) will star in a live-action film adaptation of Nobuhiro Watsuki's Rurouni Kenshin samurai manga for next year. According to the newspaper, Keishi Ōtomo will direct Satoh on this new film, just as he did in last year's NHK television series Ryōmaden.

Sankei Sports adds that the staff aims to release the film internationally and eventually make a series. This will be the first live-action adaptation of the manga.

Nobuhiro Watsuki's original 1994-1999 manga ran in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and inspired a television anime series that is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year. Viz Media published the manga in North America, and Media Blasters' AnimeWorks label released the television anime.

ADV Films released two later original video anime projects and a film on DVD, and Aniplex is releasing these three titles on Blu-ray Disc this year. in April, Shueisha announced that a new Rurouni Kenshin anime project has been green-lit.

Mad Skillz
They plan on making a live action series as well? Now this I could totally see working as a 50 episode Jidageki style show. Now time to hop around forums I visit and see all the people complaining over live action!

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
Oh, so it's a film that's confirmed at this point, eh? But they want to make a series. :hmm: I was wondering, since we hadn't heard anything in quite a while. Also they're continuing the anime, which made me wonder if the live action was going to happen at all.

But yay! I'll take anything from this at this point! :dance:

闇 戦士
I hope the story starts out like Samurai X. If so this movie has to be rated R. I guess it would have to though to explain why Kenshin is the way he is. I cant wait to see how they pull this off.

Lurker
I hope the story starts out like Samurai X. If so this movie has to be rated R. I guess it would have to though to explain why Kenshin is the way he is. I cant wait to see how they pull this off.

Doubt it...

The movie will probably start at the same point of the manga, with him meeting Kaoru.