Rurouni Kenshin Live-action confirmed. Kenshin will be played by Sato Takeru

http://entante.seesaa.net/article/155768655.html

His acting in Ryumaden seemed to have left a good impression.

Here are a few things from the article:

- There have been talks in the past of an adaptation, but CGI and technology was not good enough.
- Watsuki, the original author, made it clear that he did not want Hollywood to make it, and even when offers were given from Hollywood he refused thus the reason there never was a movie for Rurouni Kenshin
- There were rumors of Kenshin being played by Miura Haruma, Oguri Shun, Ikuta Toma, etc. but the staff settled on Sato Takeru as they saw him to be more fit for the role

Last edited:
Some kind of Beast mode
This..is..GREAT! I loved Ruroni Kenshin. Hope they can do the fighting and story justice.

Peek a Boo!
Can someone translate this article? I can't understand a bit of it even with Google Translate.

HEROW
OMG!!! THIS WILL BE EPIC!!! Who'll be Aoshi and Saito? And I can't wait to see Takeru do a Battousai look. :castlerock:

Peek a Boo!
Can't wait for the film! Hope the film will focus on the first arc regarding Aoshi! I would really laugh if they will cast a certain Seto Koji for that part!

updated first thread opener with a few translations from the article.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Takeru Satoh sorta reminds me of a young Odagiri Joe. And look, now he's doing a samurai movie. Just like Odagiri Joe..except he was a ninja.

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
This looks really cool. Takeru Sato as Kenshin... Hmmm:hmm:

HEROW
- There have been talks in the past of an adaptation, but CGI and technology was not good enough.

Yeah, considering how cool they made Hiten Mitsurugi-ryu and Ougi Kaiten Kenbu Rokuren look in the manga and anime.