Eye See You
Same Vehicle footage used OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER as if the Japanese children are too fucking stupid to not realise it.

Mazin...Go!
Actually I think its because they are vaguely based on Jabba the Hutt from Star wars (in case u dont know). I remember seeing the first Gavan episode, that huge thing had a female slave or whatever next to him. This reminded me of Leia when she was sitting next to Jabba. Not to mention the show had a lightsaber so I guess its a safe assumption.

Actually, the concept of the huge immobile boss could be traced back to the original Kamen Rider (where he was basically unseen but was represented by a Shocker symbol) but it was more evident in Kamen Rider X's King Dark.

Gavan's suit enveloped him in 0.05 seconds, Sharivan's and Shaider's even faster...

Same Vehicle footage used OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER as if the Japanese children are too fucking stupid to not realise it.

This is kinda true of a lot of toku shows. Spiderman comes to mind...

Last edited:
Eye See You
That was the only turn off I had about the Space Sheriffs, Juspion, Spielban, and B-Fighters.

Super Moderator
If there is one that I would ditch, it would be the alt. dimension thing.

I always thought the 0.05 seconds idea was a neat way to have a solid in-story explanation for why we see this elaborate sequence and the monsters is just standing there letting it happen. When we the audience see a henshin sequence it's not meant to be happening in real time (unless it's like your modern Rider henshins) but not everybody who watches realizes that I think.

Mazin...Go!
If there is one that I would ditch, it would be the alt. dimension thing.

I always thought the 0.05 seconds idea was a neat way to have a solid in-story explanation for why we see this elaborate sequence and the monsters is just standing there letting it happen. When we the audience see a henshin sequence it's not meant to be happening in real time (unless it's like your modern Rider henshins) but not everybody who watches realizes that I think.

I figured that the alternate dimensions were just to show off more stuntwork. The kids at the time must have loved them a LOT. I know I did.

The whole elaborate henshin sequences are a descendant of Japanese swordplay. Before a duel, both warriors would try to intimidate each other by reciting their names and showing off a sample of skill. That way, I guess, the winner can also "boast" that he had killed the opponent. It was an honor thing.

Interestingly, in the anime Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos, the hero Rom Stol would appear, then the bad guys would say "who the hell are you?" Rom would say "you don't deserve to know my name."