Rubikon, A poisonous fog caused a mass extinction on Earth in 2054 and only a group of Astronauts can save humanity

Rubikon is an Austrian science fiction thriller about a group of astronauts inside a space station. They are sent into space somewhere in 2054 to do a project on using Algae as a sustainable source of Oxygen and food. This particular kind of Algae can give everyone in the space station an infinite source of breathable air. Thanks to a technological innovation called the “algae symbiosis system.”
In actual life, Algae is already part of the diet of some cultures on earth. Some algae species are rich in vitamins, minerals, protein, and other essential nutrients. Some examples of edible algae are seaweed, which use to make sushi wrappers, vegan gelatine, and Spirulina.
Recently, there has been a study that develops algae as a biofuel. The Science of this movie is probable because of the currently ongoing research. Scientists also think Algae can be instrumental in terraforming planets like Mars and Venus.
Rubikon first...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I will rather die than a lifetime of eating algae. Nasa said many times sex is banned in space stations, why is this movie having a sex scene. Bodily fluids can hard the engines of the space stations. The astronauts are not even allowed to masturbate.

This movie have an interesting and original plot. I know Scientist had been experimenting with Algae but a movie about algae is something I never expected to look cool.