Tabletop RPG- Does anyone still play?

I got into role playing games when I was a teen. I had a friend who played DND (Dungeons and Dragons); his mother was our DM (Dungeon Master); she let his younger brother, his brother's friends, and his friends play as well. It was a great time. We would play every other Saturday from 12p-10p. Sometimes, we'd even sleepover. When me and my friend had a falling out a couple of years ago, I lost my group. I haven't played since then and have been looking to get back into it. I know of several groups in my area but none seem to fit me and it doesn't seem that common anymore. Does anyone on here play RPGs? If so, which ones do you play? Also, how did you find your current or past groups?

C

CyberGal

I used to play DandD in college with a bunch of friends, almost every week. We'd be up all night playing then go out for breakfast before going to bed LOL My daughter doesn't seem interested in playing but she has taught me to play Pokemon, which is the one that she prefers to play. Maybe someday she'll like to learn DandD.

I play RPG games, but I don't really play physical RPG anymore. I used to do a bit of RPG online but that was years ago.

I got offered to join in a few games of DND but I turned them down. I'm not a big Star Wars fan and that's the direction they were taking. There's a lot of people who still do it around here though.

I played the board and book version for awhile when I was young. It was so much work, it wasn't as fun as I thought. If I want to play a board game, I want to do that. If I want to read, then I grab a book. They don't go together. I think that "Regular Show" said it best when the character had a calculator, and then asked someone for a protractor. Too difficult for a board game!