Red Falcon
I don't think there would be a Power Ranger movie anytime soon as long as those cheap Disney bastard are still controlling it ....A tv-movie kind, yes but a theatrical one, :nono: Man, how i wish Time Force was made into a movie :disappoin

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I still think SPD has what it takes to be modified into a concept the parents bringing their child to the theatre could enjoy. Just change the costumes from lavish bright spandex to a more 'serious' looking material, maybe make the color highlights to a mostly black uniform. The 'police' set up makes for more serious and 'believeable' setting, presenting them as a special advanced unit for a police force of the future.

Plus de-emphasize the 'Power' in 'Power Rangers' to make it less goofy sounding to those all too self-conscious pseudo-geeks that went to see Transformers in drove.

Lurker
That's how they treated Dark Wish, Which was movie like in its own right.

Does the term Blockbuster refer to a movie? I have the Dark Wish DVD and on the cover it says 'full length blockbuster'. It's still 3 episodes in one though.

I think a Direct to DVD movie is a good idea when it comes to a show like Power Rangers.

Tell me what you guys think of these two movie concepts

-Astronauts discover an anciant object on the dark side of the moon, opens it, releases Rita( played by Lucy Liu)

-Rita unleashes her forces on the Earth and seeks to location of her foe Zordon for some revenge for sealing her away

-In order to save the earth and himself Zordon brings together five wayward teens

-The teens should be made up of the original characters, but they also should initially hate eachother

-They end up risking their necks to fight Rita and her armies against their parents will.

-Rita pulls out her trump card with Tommy Oliver

-All boils down to Jason and Tommy duking it out

-Ends with the whole team, including a redeemed Tommy beating Rita

------ Or

Lord Zedd is the sole villain who comes to Earth seeking to add it to his many planetary kingdoms.

Goverment has been working with the alien scientist Zordon since Roswell and now they need his help in stoping this Zedd.

Goverment secretly recruits teenagers for the project Zordon is planning

Zordon has six prototype suits that react to a person's vigor, and teens fit the bill for the most able bodied wearers.

Rangers are gathered from diffrent parts of the country, from diffrent cultures and lives, they end up having the set aside their diffrences, find love and save the earth from Lord Zedd.

Zedd somehow steals the earliest prototype "Green Ranger" suit and gives it to someone who is not only Jason's rival in his martial arts competition, but who has fallen for Kimberly, Tommy Oiliver

--

Those are just a few of the possible scenerios I could imagine

Is Lucy Liu really that hard pressed for work?

This isn't a knock against your ideas, it's just she always seemed like an actress who is, well, more upper tier.

Lurker
I think it might be in the perspective of the people who are not power rangers like in Cloverfield and Transformers.